Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2016
    "Holdsworth's consortium bought the club for £1 but handed over £7.5m as working capital until the end of the season, while another £10m has been provided as proof of future funds."

"Davies is also understood to have written off £170m owed to him by the football club."
  • Options
    I am quite sure any number of candidates could and would buy us - especially for a pound note.

RD doesn't sound like he wants to write of his c£34m and counting (plus interest).
  • Options
    PL54 said:

I am quite sure any number of candidates could and would buy us - especially for a pound note.

RD doesn't sound like he wants to write of his c£34m and counting (plus interest).

On the money there I think PL54 (pardon the pun). I suspect whoever does eventually buy us is going to have to be willing to pay any debts owed to Roland. Doesn't mean a deal can't still be done, but it does rather complicate things.

The new owners at Bolton effectively having the slate wiped clean makes their life a lot more straightforward, although they still have to get the spiraling debt under control or they'll be back to square one pretty fast.
  • Options
    No one will give him all his cash back for a Championship club let alone League One. Sooner or later he will simply want to stop throwing good money after bad into the money pit that is UK football outside the PL, IF he is a sensible businessman as we are all told. He can then say he improved our infrastructure, sold us in better shape than he bought us, took a hit cause he is such a nice guy and doesn't do failure.
  • Options

PL54 said:

On the money there I think PL54 (pardon the pun). I suspect whoever does eventually buy us is going to have to be willing to pay any debts owed to Roland. Doesn't mean a deal can't still be done, but it does rather complicate things.

The new owners at Bolton effectively having the slate wiped clean makes their life a lot more straightforward, although they still have to get the spiraling debt under control or they'll be back to square one pretty fast.
    It's a lot easy when the existing owners are prepared to lose all their investment.

E.g. when I lost the value of my shares in the club to facilitate the takeover by TJ and MS...
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Lennon left Bolton by mutual consent. In other words sacked.
  • Options

Lennon no longer in charge at Bolton.

Poor Harry, out of the first 11 at charlton, now lost charge of Bolton... What's next?
  • Options
    Mate at work reckons Phil the Tan is in
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Detestable little man
  • Options

Nailed on. Followed by CP to Southend...
  • Options
    Curbs 16/1
  • Options
    Chris Powell would do good there...
  • Options

Chris Powell would do good there...

He's be as good there as he was at Huddersfield.
  • Options

Took you long enough!
  • Options
    Lommel United scrambling for Fraeye's contract to make sure there's no clause Bolton can use to take him from the Soevereinstadion
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Lommel United scrambling for Fraeye's contract to make sure there's a clause Bolton can use to take him from the Soevereinstadion

• Options

PL54 said:

That might be the case, but not necessarily. This probably makes the point that this type of investment by the owner is indeed quasi equity - when it comes to it, £7.5m is better than nothing (or rather, nothing is better than losing another £7.5m).

League One will be a test of RD's resolve if there is a genuine buyer, because he's a long way from ever getting that money back. Will he decide he doesn't want to lose another £10m?
  • Options
    TBf to Lennon he has never had the chance to stamp his authority on the club given the financial troubles. We need to see what he is like at a club where he has a bit of money to spend and where he can wheel and deal and not so bogged down by wages. Not saying it should be us though. But somewhere in the English Leagues.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    To be honest I'm quite pleased with this as reckon Bolton are down now.

They were seriously grinding out results under Lennon and just wouldnt go away... He should have remained in charge until the summer with the new man coming in then (Unless the new owners feel they're down regardless)
  • Options

To be honest I'm quite pleased with this as reckon Bolton are down now.

They were seriously grinding out results under Lennon and just wouldnt go away... He should have remained in charge until the summer with the new man coming in then (Unless the new owners feel they're down regardless)

They're recent form has been terrible though, 5 defeats and 2 draws in their last 7
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Bolton just like us have been down for weeks, difference is that they will now be at the top end of League 1 this time next year where as we will be dreaming of mid table obscurity whilst more likely struggling to stay out of the drop zone(see Blackpool this season) due to us "underestimating" the third tier but hey we won Sunday so all is well again..............
  • Options

I saw Phil Brown at Cheltenham yesterday. (Ok so who cares).
  • Options

I saw Phil Brown at Cheltenham yesterday. (Ok so who cares).
    Did he piss in a glass?
  • Options
    Lennon back to Celtic?
  • Options
    Just came across this on the Sun's website (I know but...): a takeover again? https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2172920/bolton-wanderers-are-attracting-interest-from-a-saudi-arabian-group-over-potential-takeover-of-the-club/

I doubt if there's any truth in it but it does make me wonder.... we would be in a much better position to attract buyers if we were say, top three on the table. Shame we've been heading south ever since the relegation. What GretnaGreenAddick wrote above back in March suddenly seems a pretty accurate prediction.