Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Newcastle Sack McClaren

Comments

• "Further announcement of his replacement will be made in due course" - Rafa having face to face talks today.
  • If I was a Newcastle fan I'd want Moyes rather than Benitez to take over.
  • I always like that island of hair at the front of his head
  • Was always a bit odd on why he got the job in first place, especially after a quite awful time at Derby, not surprising they finally got rid.

I'd be delighted with Benitez if I was a Newcastle fan.
  • edited March 2016

Karel Fraeye has been seen at Newcastle Airport this morning, on the desk manning (and I use the man bit very loosely) over sized luggage.

• Was always a bit odd on why he got the job in first place, especially after a quite awful time at Derby, not surprising they finally got rid.

He turned derby from an underperforming side to a competitor for the title, did he not?
  • Sponsored links:

• McClaren is a coach not a manager it was always going to end like this. For my money if I was a Newcastle fan I would take either Moyes or Benitez....to be honest I would take either of them at our place as well.

He turned derby from an underperforming side to a competitor for the title, did he not?
    He did, and then back into a underperforming side that slid so far so quick they didn't even make the playoffs last year.

trouble is, in this era when foreign players are the majority at many clubs, English/British managers just do not seem to get their message across .. one exception is Sam Allardyce .. But the Geordie fans lost their chance with him and drove him away because they demanded 'sexy' football .. ooh la la, ze Campioniship is sooooo sexxxxyyyy cheri ((:>)
  • A terribly overrated manager, who is about to be replaced by another terribly overrated manager. Newcastle will get what they deserve for making such poor decisions.

How do these guys keep getting jobs?

trouble is, in this era when foreign players are the majority at many clubs, English/British managers just do not seem to get their message across .. one exception is Sam Allardyce .. But the Geordie fans lost their chance with him and drove him away because they demanded 'sexy' football .. ooh la la, ze Campioniship is sooooo sexxxxyyyy cheri ((:>)
    I see where you're coming from but Everton had plenty of high profile foreign players and he managed them pretty well.
  • Karel Fraeye has been seen at Newcastle Airport this morning.

The baggage handlers at Brussells international put the laundry hamper he was in on the Newcastle flight by accident. He was supposed to be heading to Papa New Guniea to scout our new goalkeeper for next season.
  • Twenty candidates interviewed already.....
  • Macronate said:

or

Absolute jokers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just to put it into context McLaren as well as wasting a shit heap on poor overseas signings has won more league games than our three managers combined this season.
  • edited March 2016
    IA said:

Is anyone worried Newcastle might appoint Riga?

Only from a point of view of worrying about the sanity of their board of directors if they did...
  • IA said:

Is anyone worried Newcastle might appoint Riga?

More optimistic than worried.
  • José Jeunechamps should have held out for the Newcastle job. He would've been great up there.
  • IA said:

José Jeunechamps should have held out for the Newcastle job. He would've been great up there.

Ashley could employ him as a body double
  • Have they not considered Powell ?
  • Last time Newcastle went down, Hughton took them up again, would Benitez be the person you'd choose to mastermind a Championship promotion campaign if they go down?
  • Fully deserved! No one annoys me more in the managerial world than McLaren. Looks and talks like a floppy kipper at Billingsgate, and all that 'Stevie G, JT, Frankie etc balls when he was busy ruining England was cringeworthy.
  • Macronate said:

I reckon he got his shoes from the Clarks Outlet shop in Ashford ...
  • edited March 2016

Is there a reason why Fraeye was sitting in the dugout (at Derby?) by himself? Did he turn up on the wrong day?

"Johnny told me the game was on Wednesday, where is everybody?"