Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

25 years to build and 2 years to utterly destroy

edited March 2016 in General Charlton
Katrien Meire, I presume you think this looks good on your CV ?

Comments

• edited March 2016

watching the players come out of the portacabin dressing rooms.............god what a day, even my wife came and enjoyed it!

The football you smutty sod!..............................................I think!!
    Sorry @charliewright1 . That one really made me laugh, couldn't resist.
  • watching the players come out of the portacabin dressing rooms.............god what a day, even my wife came and enjoyed it!

The football you smutty sod!..............................................I think!!
    Sorry @charliewright1 . That one really made me laugh, couldn't resist.
    At least I have made someone happy today!!
  • This lot are not the first owners in the last 10 years to make multiple decisions that have fucked the club over in one way or another. The trend has been generally downhill since Curbs left. Ironically, probably the most successful spell in the last 10 years were when the owners (Mick and Tone) took a minimal interest in the club and left the day-to-day staff to run the place but even they messed it up by pissing off the money man.

Not defending their general incompetence in the slightest, though.
  • Bit unfair and exaggerated, but I cannot understand how some fans can't see the level of incompetence in how the club has been owned / run since they come on board

The useless b******* comments are confined to buying the club and the work to Sparrows Lane.

Unfortunately there are still quite a few with their head in the sand.
  • The best way I can put it is the Charlton I grew up with and the Charlton my son is growing up with are polar opposites, and back in 2012 here I was hoping he would get to enjoy good times at the right time....thanks Roland!
  • A day I shall never forget. Couldn't get a ticket and had to call a few favours to get one .I think it came from Curbs' brother. Probably the most emotional game up there with the 7-6 and the playoff final in 1998. Happy days and great memories! Those days will come back but maybe not in my lifetime.
    COYR
    Support the protest not the team or the regime.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bit unfair and exaggerated, but I cannot understand how some fans can't see the level of incompetence in how the club has been owned / run since they come on board

Saddled with debt, loss of fans, heading to league one with no end in sight.

I don't think it's exaggerated
  • We've been broken since 2006/2007 and only the Slater/Jiminez regime steadied us at all.

Look at our journey since then.

07/08 finish 12th back in the championship - a failure

08/09 finish 24th with 39 points - another failure

09/10 finished 4th - went out woefully in the playoffs with little fight - a mild failure.

10/11 finished 13th - a big failure, when Powell took over we were 5th

11/12 finished 1st with 101 points - A huge success at the hands of a hero.

12/13 finished 9th - Progression - A success - Achieved the highest away win in the
    league.

13/14 finished 18th, we were 24th when Powell was sacked, but players sold from under him etc - Regression - Failure.

14/15 Finished 12th - A progression, we were 14th when we sacked Peeters, but things were turning sour quickly. - A mild failure

15/16 A failure so far, we all agree it is very likely we are going down.

• 4th - went out woefully in the playoffs with little fight - a mild failure.

A bit harsh-I remember a lot of fight in that home leg against Swindon.

Agree with everything else though..
  • HandG said:

4th - went out woefully in the playoffs with little fight - a mild failure.

We were on our way to the Play-Off Final until a late goal from Swindon (they were even down to 10-men at the time)

Plus Swindon lost their Goalkeeper early on and I said when the substitution was made that Phil Smith (the replacement) would either have a worldy of a match or he'd prove why he was a second choice, sadly he went on to have an excellent match making some great saves
  • I'm bloody sure if they could wipe away our fantastic memories of this great club they would.
  • edited March 2016

HandG said:

We were on our way to the Play-Off Final until a late goal from Swindon (they were even down to 10-men at the time)

Plus Swindon lost their Goalkeeper early on and I said when the substitution was made that Phil Smith (the replacement) would either have a worldy of a match or he'd prove why he was a second choice, sadly he went on to have an excellent match making some great saves

In fairness we did battle especially after Burton and Sodje both got sent off.
    I'm remembering the wrong game... this was the one where people blamed Llera for the loss wasn't it.

Because he stopped a player running through to be one on one with the keeper... and took a tactical red.

Do you remember fight or flight? As Bailey's penalty flew towards the moon?
  • edited January 2017
    3 Years FFS, here's to the take over happening soon.
    KM.PNG 17.9K
  • 3 Years FFS, here to the take over happening soon.

Celebrating??
  • edited January 2017
    HandG said:

As I recall we were crap in the first leg. Did well to keep the score down and it was a freak goal by Deon Burton that kept us in it.

Battered them in the second leg, should of been 3 nil up before our sending off changed the game late on.
  • Sponsored links:

What's that on, would like to click on the message and contact our glorious leader

What's that on, would like to click on the message and contact our glorious leader
    LinkedIn by the looks of it.

Surprised she still has a few Charlton fans in her connections, I would've thought she would've purged them long ago!

I dont think she will be here for 4
  • edited January 2017
    Missed It said:

3 Years FFS, here to the take over happening soon.

Celebrating??
    Latrine won't celebrating as much as I will once she's slung her hook. Be gone wicked witch of the West (stand) :smirk:
  • Maybe the last 25 years can best be described as (approximately)

10 years of climbing

5 years at the top

10 years of decline other than the 2011/12 and 2012/13 seasons