Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Why we should not send Yaya back...

What Yaya did with his elbow was bad and he will serve a 3 game ban meaning he will be available again for Ipswich. I've heard fans saying we should send him back now. I don't think we should. When his ban is over and it will only be 3 games because most elbows like that is only 3. If the FA made it more that would be unfair because other elbows are only 3. Karl Robinson says it should be out the season. But you cannot change the rules now in the middle of the season. Even though it is not really defendable whether you agree games or not that is the rule and after 3 games he has served his punishment and deserves to prove his point. That is the first reason why I think he should stay. The second is unlikely to happen, but as already stated Karl Robinson think he should be out the season and if Yaya scored the goal that kept us up and resulted in MK Dons going down instead, then it really shove it right down Karl Robinson's throat. Karma. Yaya would be a legend forever. Now I know I am clutching at straws and it's highly unlikely but in the words of Kevin Keegan, "I would LOVE IT if happend if it happened that way, LOVE IT!"

Comments

• He didn't elbow him, he swung his arm back and caught the player with the back of his hand. He deserved to get sent off, however the player made the most of it.
  • He didn't elbow him, he swung his arm back and caught the player with the back of his hand. He deserved to get sent off, however the player made the most of it.

I never said he didn't deserve to get sent off. I was saying once his punishment is served he deserves to come back.
  • edited March 2016
    We are down. Makes no difference if he comes back or not. He won't come back and save us because we are gone.

Down

Finished
  • We are down. Makes no difference if he comes back or not. He won't come back and save us because we are gone.

Down

Finished

Was just saying. Only a harmless bit of fun.
  • We are down. Makes no difference if he comes back or not. He won't come back and save us because we are gone.

Down

Finished

Sadly it'll be Rotherham who send MKD down not us
  • edited March 2016

We are down. Makes no difference if he comes back or not. He won't come back and save us because we are gone.

Down

Finished

Joking aside I reckon both MKD and Rotherham will stay up and going down with us and Bolton will be Fulham.
  • Anyone know how many games he'll be out for?
  • IA said:

Anyone know how many games he'll be out for?

Boro (H) 12/3
    Massives (A) 19/3
    Brummy Blues (H) 2/4

Back for the trip to Ipswich on 5/4.
  • Violent conduct.

3 games suspension.
  • Sponsored links:

Down

Finished

I'd definitely be worried if I was a Fulham fan, as it's probably between them, Bristol City, MKD and Rotherham for the 3rd spot, with Huddersfield and Blackburn just about safe
  • Send him back we've got Makienok.
  • I've heard he'll be out for 4 matches.
  • IA said:

I've heard he'll be out for 4 matches.

Is it his second red of the season then?
  • edited March 2016
    Really haven't understood the fuss about Yaya (see my player marks vs Brentford) - I really don't think he's what we need at the moment. I was surprised at how many people were chanting his name leaving Griffin Park, and my gut reaction upon hearing about the red card yesterday was "perhaps we can see Makienok and Harriott partner up in the next 3 games and keep Sanogo out".

Before I get shot down regarding his hat-trick, I think it was fairly flukey and I'm actually reminded of Marvin Sordell's contributions over the season he was here. That said, it's still impressive and clearly he had a good match - but that was one match.

I also don't like the thought of us incurring financial penalties if we don't play him - whilst I can understand that from Arsenal's point of view - it seems to undermine the meritocracy of what should be our starting 11.
  • LuckyReds said:

Really haven't understood the fuss about Yaya (see my player marks vs Brentford) - I really don't think he's what we need at the moment. I was surprised at how many people were chanting his name leaving Griffin Park, and my gut reaction upon hearing about the red card yesterday was "perhaps we can see Makienok and Harriott partner up in the next 3 games and keep Sanogo out".

Before I get shot down regarding his hat-trick, I think it was fairly flukey and I'm actually reminded of Marvin Sordell's contributions over the season he was here. That said, it's still impressive and clearly he had a good match - but that was one match.

I also don't like the thought of us incurring financial penalties if we don't play him - whilst I can understand that from Arsenal's point of view - it seems to undermine the meritocracy of what should be our starting 11.

If Makienok and Harry can't keep a banned player out of the side for the next three games, they must be even more shit than I thought they were against The Franchise.
  • Why arent there calls to release Harry Lennon... He did the exact same thing?
  • LuckyReds said:

To be fair, we're not incurring financial penalties by not playing him, we just have a financial incentive if we do play him. Whatever our initial contribution to Sanogo's wage is likely isn't that high and that would have to be an amount that we could afford. I actually think it's a good idea for a normal team; if the player is good, he's actually increasingly great value, if he's poor, well he was bad value anyway
  • Hard to tell but I think it was an elbow rather than a back hand
  • Sponsored links:

• LuckyReds said:

To be fair, we're not incurring financial penalties by not playing him, we just have a financial incentive if we do play him. Whatever our initial contribution to Sanogo's wage is likely isn't that high and that would have to be an amount that we could afford. I actually think it's a good idea for a normal team; if the player is good, he's actually increasingly great value, if he's poor, well he was bad value anyway
    With you. People have got far too carried away with him!
  • LuckyReds said:

With you. People have got far too carried away with him!
    If any goal he scores is the one that keeps us and sends MK down is the only goal he scores from now it don't matter it stll shoves it down Karl Robinson's throat.