Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Richard Murray 2 Promotions and 4 Relegations as Chairman.

This time,if anyone offers to pay off his loan ,he should gracefully retreat,I am being polite.
Two amazing promotions to Premier League assisted in a very large way by Curbs and Varney,two relegations from Premier League the second which started the spiral to where we find ourselves today,and he still sits in Chairmans seat as a Director of Baton 2010,with all the liability that comes with a limited company, supporting the mad hatter and his underlings in all they do,why?

Comments

• Became Chairman in 1995. So great times in between, but he'll leave us significantly worse off than we were, presuming he fecks off when we get rid of the Belgians.
  • Will he bow out before we hit league 2?
  • "Enjoy the championship, you tosser" was a moment of triumph for him but, in hindsight, it was the beginning of a long and drawn out end
  • Gracefully retreat? I hope he slips down 14 flights of stairs and stumbles into a vat of cow shit. On stilts.

Hard to disagree with this.
  • edited March 2016

This time,if anyone offers to pay off his loan ,he should gracefully retreat,I am being polite.
    Two amazing promotions to Premier League assisted in a very large way by Curbs and Varney,two relegations from Premier League the second which started the spiral to where we find ourselves today,and he still sits in Chairmans seat as a Director of Baton 2010,with all the liability that comes with a limited company, supporting the mad hatter and his underlings in all they do,why?

I cant see him getting his loan back. Bollocks to him anyway. This is the clown who appointed Dowie, Reed and Pardew. He owes us £7m in my book. Now he is brown nosing the Belgians. Charlton man? - my arse.
  • 3 promotions, since '95. '98, '00 & '12.
  • He had nothing to do with 2012, Slater was Chairman and Varney CEO, he was just watching from sidelines how to really manage a club,shame it didn't sink in.
  • Should change the title.

Richard Murray 2 Promotions, 4 Relegations 1 absolute wanker
  • Sponsored links:

• An object lesson in how to lose your legacy....could have been a Charlton legend ended up a figure of hate and all his own doing.
  • "Enjoy the championship, you tosser" was a moment of triumph for him but, in hindsight, it was the beginning of a long and drawn out end

I thought this comment tells us everything we need to know about the man's class.
  • drewman said:

"Enjoy the championship, you tosser" was a moment of triumph for him but, in hindsight, it was the beginning of a long and drawn out end

I thought this comment tells us everything we need to know about the man's class.
    Not really - it was spot on at the time.

Sadly I believe he has told close friends that he's had enough and won't put any money in any more. I think he attends as a fan as much as anything - which does make his inactivity somewhat peculiar.

• Swisdom said:

drewman said:

"

Sadly I believe he has told close friends that he's had enough and won't put any money in any more. I think he attends as a fan as much as anything - which does make his inactivity somewhat peculiar.

I hope that's true. If so he needs to publicly distance himself from RD and KM before they go and he loses his opportunity. He also needs to admit he was wrong in supporting RD's failed strategy for the club.
  • Swisdom said:

drewman said:

"Enjoy the championship, you tosser" was a moment of triumph for him but, in hindsight, it was the beginning of a long and drawn out end

Not really - it was spot on at the time.

I hope that's true. If so, he needs to publicly distance himself from RD and KM before he loses his opportunity to do so. He also owes the fans an apology and he needs to acknowledge he was wrong supporting RD's failed strategy for the club.
  • Until next owner comes along and he cuddles up to them to be Chairman again, he supported Slater and Duchatalet ,two misjudgements or has to be involved.
  • "I'm going to have the relationship with the fans - which is the one I enjoy. And um, will be speaking on behalf of the board when it's appropriate" RM 24/1/2014

Where is RM now? As far as I know he hasn't been seen since that ridiculous interview in January where he confirmed to the world that he didn't have the slightest clue what was going on at the club, how he was perceived or what people think of the regime. It's totally weird. It's like he was the target in a game of Whack-A-Mole. He popped his shiny bald head above the ground for a few moments, made himself look a compete and utter cockwomble and then disappeared as quickly as he sprung up, never to be seen again. One interview in twenty six months, hardly much of a relationship Richard.

I think Two Shats must have bound and gagged him like he has Merde. He's realised that the pair of them are a PR disaster and has got them chained to a radiator in his Belgian basement dungeon. It's the only explanation that makes sense. And possibly the most sensible decision Two Shats has made since he bought the club.

• Stig said:

"I'm going to have the relationship with the fans - which is the one I enjoy. And um, will be speaking on behalf of the board when it's appropriate" RM 24/1/2014

Where is RM now? As far as I know he hasn't been seen since that ridiculous interview in January where he confirmed to the world that he didn't have the slightest clue what was going on at the club, how he was perceived or what people think of the regime. It's totally weird. It's like he was the target in a game of Whack-A-Mole. He popped his shiny bald head above the ground for a few moments, made himself look a compete and utter cockwomble and then disappeared as quickly as he sprung up, never to be seen again. One interview in twenty six months, hardly much of a relationship Richard.

I think Two Shats must have bound and gagged him like he has Merde. He's realised that the pair of them are a PR disaster and has got them chained to a radiator in his Belgian basement dungeon. It's the only explanation that makes sense. And possibly the most sensible decision Two Shats has made since he bought the club.

That statement back in January - the statement which was actually a canned Q&A with the questions sourced from within - was the final straw as far as I'm concerned.

Oh well, what do we know? Us and our silly little message board things...
  • Stig said:

"I'm going to have the relationship with the fans - which is the one I enjoy. And um, will be speaking on behalf of the board when it's appropriate" RM 24/1/2014

Top notch use of the word cockwomble!