Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Does Duchatalet know what Division 1 will do to his finances?

2»

Comments

• Given some of the quality we will be left with, playing in poorer pitches would be a leveller.

The concern is that a group of English players used to playing on mud or icy mud might do better than a group of mainly European overseas players used to playing on either better surfaces or where the play is slower and more technical (rather than robust).

We don't have the coldest country in Europe in the winter but it can be wet.

As Roland won't buy English players because the same numbers appear on championship manager for foreign players but at much lower cost, we will probably be in league 2 within 2 years if he is still around, particularly if we lose:

Hendo, Solly, Teixara (6 year contract was it?), fox, cousins, Bauer

as well as those certain to go some of whom will not be missed

JBG, Lookman, Vetokele

The players who didn't make it (who we may have to suffer again)

Bergdych, ba, sarr

And the loans/end of career:

Diarra, Makienok, Fanni, sanogo, Motta, suk-Young, JJ (may do a season in league 1), poyet

And those we will be glad to see the back of:

Johnson

Some good points, but not sure I would include Lookman as one who will not be missed!
  • I would be interested in anyone working in the insolvency advice world as to RD's personal liability (financial or otherwise,from unlawful trading by deliberately making trading losses and prejudicing the position of staff and creditors)from his reckless,careless and frankly self-serving running of CAFC. Is it here that he can be fully pressurised and detailed consideration given to his fit and proper status as an owner and director,taking account of his head-long rush to mis-manage the club's finances(despite any financial support Staprix offers)as it is likely his well-documented actions will lead the club to suffer greater losses from relegation,an impoverished cashflow and no capital for transfers in(other than selling the club's major assets,its star young players,which can only last so long).And quite frankly asset-stripping?
  • This has been my fear all along that the decline becomes a self fulfilling prophecy i.e. we get relegated, costs are cut again, we cannot compete in League 1 and down we go again. All the time the resale value is dropping and the interest in investing wanes away and we are left with RD's failed project. Can't clearly think where this will end, in Nirvana some rich Charlton mad Billionaire steps in, gives RD a nice profit to fuck off and we become the new Man City, but in reality we end up a broken club with 3000-5000 a game and nowhere to go.

Can't recall being this depressed about the club, even when we were at Selhurst at least we had a decent team to watch and manager who knew what he was doing. Unless we can force RD out the future is very bleak. Sorry folks it's a bad day.
  • We do have a party that wants to buy the club and reportedly invest in it! RD wasn't interested in finding out what sort of offer they wanted to make, so it seems making a nice profit and going isn't on his agenda. Hopefully the protest will make the club so hard to run, that he thinks better of it. It is a slim hope but our only hope!
  • What Roland won't have factored in is that our players will sell for half what he might have got in the Championship.
  • This may, or may not be relevant. It began to do my head in but fascinating stuff.

bloombergview.com/articles/2015-02-11/you-say-debt-i-say-tax-dodging://