Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How have the recent free coach trips to away games actually worked out?

I've not yet been to Portman Road and Roly's circus might as well take me there, it's not like I'll have the chance to see Charlton play there for at least a couple more years.
Not keen on giving Ipswich £32.50 for the privilege mind. Perverse to pay so much to watch my team get thumped, again.
Have additional coaches been needed/supplied?
Does it really take 80 minutes to schlepp round from the Dartford to Charlton pickups? Or has more than one coach been utilised?

Comments

• Another way of hitting Duchatelet in the pocket is for us to take 5000 to Portman Road all on his free of charge coaches.....Good chance for the home boycotters to voice there discontent and charge Roly for doing so.
  • Not wanting to change the subject of this thread, but does anyone know if all those fans who JJ promised would be refunded, actually were?
  • edited March 2016
    Id rather everyone rejected the offer as a way of saying stick your free coaches RD and invest properly in the team and management staff.
  • It made a difference at Rotherham a fair few there who wouldn't of been otherwise and the extra support really does make a difference to the team.
  • In the right circumstances I think the offer is good.

However,

1. The team are playing shite.
    2. The pickup times are ridiculous.
    3. I haven't gone to Portman Road since they have been charging over £30 and will not do so until the price is at least £25. However, I won't be going there for some years anyway. See point 1.
    4. Will be interesting to see if this offer is made next year in League 1 and from when in the season and how many times. This will be telling how serious they are.
  • Certainly an odd way to spend money when there's no direct impact to on pitch performance and it's completely out of step with the 2 year established policy of concerted alienation of we supporters.
    Anybody got any views on whether the coach service actually works?
  • Ipswich ticket prices are way too high.
  • edited March 2016
    I,ve used the coach twice this season,first trip the infamous Huddersfield match where their were 21 passengers,i was refunded the fare very promptly,second trip was the free ride to Preston where 2 coaches made the journey,1 directly from Charlton.
    Both journeys were comfortable & arrived early enough to enjoy a couple of pints before the game.
    But i get the feeling that if there was not free travel on the upcoming journeys the coaches would be almost empty & would run at a considerable loss or not run at all.
  • Unless I'm wrong then its been... Hull City 6-0 Charlton / Rotherham United 1-4 Charlton / Preston North End 2-1 Charlton
  • In the right circumstances I think the offer is good.

However,

1. The team are playing shite.
    2. The pickup times are ridiculous.
    3. I haven't gone to Portman Road since they have been charging over £30 and will not do so until the price is at least £25. However, I won't be going there for some years anyway. See point 1.
    4. Will be interesting to see if this offer is made next year in League 1 and from when in the season and how many times. This will be telling how serious they are.

I've misunderstood this as in my world the price is at least £25
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

Ipswich ticket prices are way too high.

Even with free travel....
  • championship away tickets should be £20.00 capped, premier league £30.00 capped and league 1 and 2 £15.00 capped, the only problem with this is games with low attendance of away fans could result in a team in effect losing money on opening up an away end this is maybe another reason why they dont do matchday sales as they already know how many fans there will be so know how many stewards required etc.