Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The warm up last night

Just an observation but the difference between the two team's warm up was stark.

MK were on the pitch a good ten or 15 minutes before us and all they did was stretching and sprints etc. They looked drilled and organised - as it turned out they were pony but they were warmed up.

Aside from our keepers, we wandered out and did a few sprints followed by a game of 5 a side.

It just didn't seem the best preparation from an observer's point of view. Who organises this ? How scientific is it ?

Anyone know.

Comments

• PL54 said:

Just an observation but the difference between the two team's warm up was stark.

MK were on the pitch a good ten or 15 minutes before us and all they did was stretching and sprints etc. They looked drilled and organised - as it turned out they were pony but they were warmed up.

Aside from our keepers, we wandered out and did a few sprints followed by a game of 5 a side.

It just didn't seem the best preparation from an observer's point of view. Who organises this ? How scientific is it ?

Anyone know.

Lawrence Bloom.

Oh he's left......
  • It doesn't really matter how we warm up,if the team is full of players who aren't good enough or don't care you will lose the game.

Science

Crap team = No points
  • Try Jason Euell... Oh. Not him as well....
  • Lead by Simon Mak to converse energy to play a high tempo game.
  • Karel Fraeye might know, last seen peering out the side of a washing basket.
  • Have to admit its one of the first Home games this season where I've seen the away side come out for the warm up before Charlton.
  • It doesn't really matter how we warm up,if the team is full of players who aren't good enough or don't care you will lose the game.

Science

Crap team = No points

Each and every player in a red shirt last night was more than good enough in theory but they lost their bollocks somewhere on the way to the game.
  • PL54 said:

It doesn't really matter how we warm up,if the team is full of players who aren't good enough or don't care you will lose the game.

Science

Crap team = No points

Each and every player in a red shirt last night was more than good enough in theory but they lost their bollocks somewhere on the way to the game.
    "good enough" players don't necessarily make a good enough team.
  • DRAddick said:

PL54 said:

It doesn't really matter how we warm up,if the team is full of players who aren't good enough or don't care you will lose the game.

Science

Crap team = No points

"good enough" players don't necessarily make a good enough team.
    Now that sounds like a proper Roland quote!!
  • Sponsored links:

• PL54 said:

Science

Crap team = No points

You really don't know how worried I am now, after me eating two plums over lunchtime....

I may have to get some fresh air.
  • Big mak missed 3 open goals! I stopped watching after that
  • explains the poor start at Brentford
  • warm up is massively important.

high tempo can release your 1st wind, grab your 2nd wind, keep on your toes in the dressing room.

I used to put a team of U10s through a better drilled, more thorough pre-game workout.

we also looked knackered during parts of the 2nd half. bet we're one of the unfittest teams in the league.
  • Everyone knows a proper warm up is standing round talking about your saturday night antics smoking as many as you can before kick off........
  • Feck the warm up, what do they do in training? All our free kicks are the same, they passed the ball to the nearest player to them, rarely going forward.

Science

Crap team = No points

1 point actually

• Everyone knows a proper warm up is standing round talking about your saturday night antics smoking as many as you can before kick off........

we already have a thread about the JNR REDS
  • PL54 said:

Anyone know.

Your right I noticed how lacklustre it was and the coaches looked like a pub team!!
    I travel in from Cambridgeshire and as I have to allow for traffic sometimes get their early and as we don't go to the pub every time! I have seen a lot of warm ups, i was also a youth coach for several years always take an interest in the warm up and last nights was just not right for a professional football team and as you say in stark contrast to MK's
    As an aside JBG didn't seem to mix with anyone and was doing drills on his own
  • PL54 said:

Anyone know.

Most were probably warm enough, snuggled in their snoods.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's the basic stuff like this which shows how massive the impact of losing former staff at the club is
  • edited March 2016
    Dont be silly. We warm up in front of a single bar electric fire that someone smuggled past the Belgian Stazi police...