Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Why is Lookman even on the bench?

Ludicrous that we waited until the 82nd minute to bring him on in a must win game. Why bother?
How many minutes is he allowed under RD and Riga?

Comments

• Sold to Spurs already.
  • Can see why RD don't like Riga, he just doesn't play the kids.
  • Exactly the same thing happened with Gomez last season.

So much at this poxy football club I can't explain
  • iamdan said:

Sold to Spurs already.

Wouldn't surprise me. A cheap version of Berahino.
  • iamdan said:

Sold to Spurs already.

Not Spurs.

• edited March 2016
    dickplumb said:

iamdan said:

Sold to Spurs already.

Not Spurs.

Gooners.
  • iamdan said:

dickplumb said:

iamdan said:

Sold to Spurs already.

Not Spurs.

Gooners.
    Might explain why we got Sanogo.

• Sold.... If he picks up an injury the deal is off.
  • An absolute disgrace from a poor excuse of a professional football club.
  • Sponsored links:

• They dont see it as a football club more as a business
  • So who is it? Arse, Liverpool, Wet Spam?
  • Crystal Palace
  • Why? It's the clubs vision.

“My proposition would be a real unique football fan experience — and see hopefully the next stars of the Premier League, which we will have play for Charlton in the first team and then sell onto the Premier League.” - Katrien Meire

"Let’s not make Charlton now into a team who is going everywhere and must win and must be better than the home side." - Karel Fraeye

"But our main goal remains that we grow our academy much more. That we rely even more on it - that’s difficult because I think we’re the only Championship team to play seven [former academy] players in the first-team!" - Roland Duchatelet
  • We are goosed a social experiment & 2 Belgian fingers up to anyone else who might dare criticise their intentions.

Tonight, for me, were the actions that finally convinced me that it's Roland and Meire who call the team selections.

Why on earth would any sane man/manager who knew anything about football keep the long haired Dane on the pitch and bring on a similar clone to play alongside him, whom I might add got himself sent off. That 15 minutes of an unbalanced side, although not losing us the game, did ***k all to help us win it, the end result thus condemning us to relegation to a level of football we shall remain for many a year bar a bloody miracle

It took him [Riga] 82 minutes and a Harriot substitution to finally bring Lookman onto the field and his pace unsettling an otherwise resolute MK defence, with 2 ponderous centre half's.

We are well and truly goosed.

• He's our prized asset for the summer. Don't want to risk that do we? We can get to see him play in the Premiership one day don't forget.
  • Off to Chelsea
  • Scoham said:

Why? It's the clubs vision.

“My proposition would be a real unique football fan experience — and see hopefully the next stars of the Premier League Championship, which we will have play for Charlton in the first team and then sell onto the Premier League. league one competitors” - Katrien Meire

"Let’s not make Charlton now into a team who is nevergoing toeverywhere and must win and must be better than the home The oppositions reserve side." - Karel Fraeye

Just fixed it.....
  • So a deal has been (in principal) agreed, and therefore he's being rested? That doesn't make any business sense. Surely the point of agreeing a deal early on is to cash in at a certain point while there is still risk of the asset losing it's value. At the same time, the party acquiring the asset (Arsenal, Spurs, Real Madrid, Alcorcon) come into that framework agreement knowing that they could be paying under the odds, should a player grow and develop over the next X many months, or over the odd should the asset depcriate (i.e. via injury or rubbishness).

Now you could say, "if he's injured, the deal is off." Well then, what's the point of the deal for Charlton? I'm not saying this isn't possible, anything is possible with this regime, but a deal that is at risk due to asset depreciation or even usage isn't a very good deal.

What I'm trying to say is, I'm not convinced that holding him back in case he hurts himself then we can't sell him is the reason we've seen so little of him.
  • He can't play, he's just signed a new contract! Poor bloke has obviously picked up a finger strain from holding a pen.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2016

Exactly the same thing happened with Gomez last season.

So much at this poxy football club I can't explain

On the contrary, it's so easy to explain but so hard to comprehend. You wonder if Roland has gambled on us to go down.