Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• We do seem to have a lot of loanees at the moment, not sure we can have any more without having to leave players out from the matchday squad?
  • Get rid of Poyet and get in Bentaleb or Loftus-Cheek. Hard to believe they're actually available.
  • Would definitely take Loftus-Cheek if we could get him.
  • Couldn't see any of those coming to us - unless any of them are currently injured of course.
  • It will be interesting to see which of those are actually playing to decent standard (ie Prem team competing for a trophy) in the next few years.

Not to be disparaging but so many get mentioned (Bamford - I can see him being a Championship striker at best) etc. Who of these will go onto to be top players
  • I think it is too late for Charlton now, I think January would have been the best time as our position was better than it is now.
  • Whats happened with Serge Gnabry... After the talk of him joining Brighton or Charlton he seems to have joined no one
  • I think it is too late for Charlton now, I think January would have been the best time as our position was better than it is now.

We tried to - Riga turned his nose up.
  • Dwight Gayle in a heartbeat. Good player at this level. Can play up front on his own or as part of a two. Don't think we can rely on Igor for the run in, don't want to rely on Reza, and there are questions around Lookman's fitness and physicality.

Given out inability to keep midfielders fit, I'd have Bentelab, but I doubt he'd be available given Spurs' tough run-in. Loftus-Cheek and Oxford are more talented, but younger and more raw. I also suspect there are questions about RLC's attitude.

Problem is that it's March, and there isn't a lot of time to bed players in anymore.
  • Sponsored links:

• We can only have five loan players in the 18 man match day squad

We currently have

Big Mak
    Poyet
    Young
    Sonogo
    Fanni ??

On loan so one would have to drop out of the 18
  • Right sorry, and I wouldn't drop any of them at this moment.
  • Only one I'd consider dropping is Poyet who doesnt appear to be making an impact anyway
  • Gayle, RLC, Bentelab, Oxford.

Now that would be a good spine for a championship team...
  • Our current loans are some of our best for ages. Compare McAleny to the likes of Motta and Sanogo.
  • We could covert Mak to perm and have space for 1 mire
  • I meant more but mire may be just as appropriate.
  • Poyet back to Wet Spam, bring in Bentaleb, he would have more of a creative spark and we have Cousins, Diarra and Ba to be the more defensive midfielder, not to mention Jackson, Kashi and even Solly
  • sam3110 said:

Poyet back to Wet Spam, bring in Bentaleb, he would have more of a creative spark and we have Cousins, Diarra and Ba to be the more defensive midfielder, not to mention Jackson, Kashi and even Solly

I agree Poyet is the weak link, but I do not trust Jackson, Kashi, or Diarra to be fit for the run in. Solly has had chronic injury problems in the past, hopefully this ankle problem doesn't become part of that. As for Poyet, I'm hoping he really turns up tomorrow against his former loan club.

I do think we need more creativity in central midfield, but RLC is the only real attacking midfielder in that group, and with 2 months of the season left, I think bringing in a teenager (or is he 20) is a hiding to nothing. I'd rather bet on the fact that Riga is working to implement a system with the players he has, and as such the current group will be tactically ~5 weeks ahead of anyone we bring in.

We couldn't make Mak permanent officially until July 1 when the transfer window opens.