Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Protests during the match

Sure this has probably been discussed at length, but I just can't see how protesting during the game is going to help. After the game, damn right! But during just makes an odd/poor atmosphere. If everyone just gets on the same side for 90 minutes at least we've done all we can. It ain't over yet! Then let that mug Roland have it after the game! Just my opinion.

Comments

• edited March 2016
    Them protest during the game today did not help
  • It's bollox we are Shit and any protest during won't change that.
  • I enjoyed listening to the protest songs on the commentary.
  • Must admit I've been proper guilty of ripping into players but maybe not the way to go. That 5-4 Cardiff game showed what can happen. Just desperation now I suppose.

• I don't think the players would find 'stand up if you want them out' or 'hey Roland, I wanna know' as negative, they seemed to quite enjoy them today and probably agree.

I don't like timed protests in the game. I think everyone concentrates too much on the protest coming up and it loses the flow of the game
  • I just can't see that protesting against the owners should affect the players unless they are incredibly weak willed in which case the constant defeats will have affected them more anyway.
  • Thanks Tom.

Why'd you say that? Taking the piss?
  • Surely today proves it doesn't impact player performer. Pope and Mitov were pissing themselves when Katriens a s....... was getting being sung during the warm up!
  • Sponsored links:

• jamescafc said:

Surely today proves it doesn't impact player performer. Pope and Mitov were pissing themselves when Katriens a s....... was getting being sung during the warm up!

I noticed that too, I thought they might need to stop their warm up they were giggling so hard.

And the team and Riga gave a lot of respect to the fans after the game as well.
  • Helping.
    Did not Katrien jab the finger at David Norris last week and say 'you're not helping'?
    Irony n'est pas?
  • My money goes with helped.

The songs weren't timed though they just happened and so support was there when it needed to be.

This is different from say the banner protest in ground which I think meant that there was a gap in support as people were waiting for the protest to happen.
  • Did enjoy the "sit down if you want them out" and "turn around if you want them out" today
  • Shoes off if you want them out made me laugh
  • No match on Saturday at the valley. Moved to Sunday ;)
  • Give a little whistle....
  • Sponsored links:

• So can someone confirm who was there for our win if the protest songs helped us win or make no difference whatsoever
    Because you know when the next inevitable defeat arrives some fuckwit will try and blame not supporting the team and singing about the regime as the reason we lost

Charlton fans sang nearly constantly today. It was all in good humour and no anger, probably because we were never behind in the game.

There were constant protest songs. Hey Roland I want to know why you're such a ####.

Katrien is a slapper.

Sit down if you want them out.

Turn round if you want them out and many more.

There were more protest songs sang than ever before and we won !
  • Tom said:

Sure this has probably been discussed at length, but I just can't see how protesting during the game is going to help. After the game, damn right! But during just makes an odd/poor atmosphere. If everyone just gets on the same side for 90 minutes at least we've done all we can. It ain't over yet! Then let that mug Roland have it after the game! Just my opinion.

Us supporting them has not been much help for the past six months.
  • Belgian Buns on the pitch, that's what's needed.
  • But, Roland and Katrien out banner and black and white scarves at STTV last week, they lost.
  • But, Roland and Katrien out banner and black and white scarves at STTV last week, they lost.

But if they'd allowed the banner to stay a bit longer STVV would have won