Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 18s

This club is a fucking joke.Arrived at the training ground at 11 to watch the U18s. Went to the clubhouse, nobody was around. I walked back to the gate and I asked if there was a game today.The Steward informs me that the games kick off time has changed. Here is a novel idea how about putting it on the OS Twitter and Facebook. Fucking two Bob, what a way to treat your customers.

Comments

• Nice communication
  • Just looked at the Crewe web site. They've got it as a 1pm kick-off.

Ours, of course, hasn't. I suppose it would be too much to ask for the wretched idiots in charge to have a process guide or standard operating procedures? Then when one thing changes the relevant minion can make sure that all the inter-connected things can be dealt with too?
  • I always make a point of looking at the Charlton OS, Twitter feed or Facebook before setting off. The kick off time on the OS is still 11.00. Perhaps I should look at our opponents OS to get accurate information.
  • Are you still going to the second sitting (restaurant speak :wink: ) then Dick or have you given up and gone back home?
  • I see much lees then @dickplumb, but if I schlepped down to sparrows lane at the advertised time and it had changed i would feel pissed off too. It has happened before when a game has started an hour earlier than advertised and you miss nearly all of it.
    Did anybody mention communication?
    I wonder if there will even be an 'I'm sorry some supporters were inconvenienced.....' bit of communication.
    Is it the fault of the University of Greenwich by any chance?
  • The club probably do not think any fan would be interested in the youth teams, as we are losing interest in the 1st team, but as they do not talk to us, how would they know?
  • Sounds like something for our Mel to look at, this is her department now isn't it?
  • Shame we have not got a head of communications.....!
  • 1-0 to Charlton apparently. Watford only manged a draw on Friday, so now 9 points clear of them but they still have three games in hand and we still have to play them away. But looking hopeful for the North/South knock-out matches at least I'd have thought.
  • edited March 2016
    dickplumb said:

This club is a fucking joke.Arrived at the training ground at 11 to watch the U18s. Went to the clubhouse, nobody was around. I walked back to the gate and I asked if there was a game today.The Steward informs me that the games kick off time has changed. Here is a novel idea how about putting it on the OS Twitter and Facebook. Fucking two Bob, what a way to treat your customers.

How many fans attend U21 & U18 games, that do not include interested parties such as parents/guardians/agents ? Genuine question.
  • Sponsored links:

• Poor to not let fans know even if it was only a handful of people.

@dickplumb have you contacted Mel.Baroni@cafc.co.uk for an explanation?
  • dickplumb said:

How many fans attend U21 & U18 games ,that do not include interested parties such as parents/guardians/agents ? Genuine question.
    For u21 about 30
  • Poor to not let fans know even if it was only a handful of people.

@dickplumb have you contacted Mel.Baroni@cafc.co.uk for an explanation?

Yes I have. I will post it on here.

• Can't find the 21s thread using my phone. Are they playing today?
  • iamdan said:

Can't find the 21s thread using my phone. Are they playing today?

Fixture list has us at home against Queens Park Rangers @ 1pm

• iamdan said:

Can't find the 21s thread using my phone. Are they playing today?

Fixture list has us at home against Queens Park Rangers @ 1pm

Check the QPR site first
    We are not the only ones - QPR site has a match report for the U21s but gets the Charlton players IDs mixed up!
  • dickplumb said:

I have got a reply from Mel Baroni.

Thank you for your email and bringing this to my attention.

I've spoken to the relevant people to make sure any fixture changes are communicated to the right people so we can get the information onto our channels as soon as possible.

I can only apologies for the inconvenience to your day and I hope you continue to come along to support our U18s and U21s.

Kinds regards,
    Mel

It is good to get a prompt reply from someone at the Club. I will turn a blind eye to the spelling mistake. Let us hope that communication between the customers ( fans) and the Club continue to improve.

Hope Katrien doesnt get wind of this email... this is not the way to treat supporters!!
  • dickplumb said:

I've spoken to the relevant people to make sure any fixture changes are communicated to the right people so we can get the information onto our channels as soon as possible.

I can only apologies for the inconvenience to your day and I hope you continue to come along to support our U18s and U21s.

Kinds regards,
    Mel

It is good to get a prompt reply from someone at the Club. I will turn a blind eye to the spelling mistake. Let us hope that communication between the customers ( fans) and the Club continue to improve.

A reply, an apology, an explanation of what action has been taken. Can't fault that.

As ever the proof of the pudding is in the eating so we'll see if a fixture change is announced in advance next time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Well done Mel. Now if you could maybe set a couple of hours aside to teach your incompetent boss how to use Outlook that would be great too.
  • dickplumb said:

Kinds regards,
    Mel

It's encouraging, too, that she said THE inconvenience rather than the rail company platitude of ANY inconvenience. (Like there might be some scenarios where cancelling your train might have been of benefit to you!)
  • Getting a reply is clearly a good move.
    We all make spelling errors, let's hope it is only an occasional thing.
    Now...will Vaz Te and McElney be announced tonight, with Alan Campbell in midfield (I wish)?