Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

My season ticket (another one!)

I have decided today I will be renewing my season ticket next year. Despite there being many reasons not to;

- overpriced for what you get
- no feeling of attachment for anyone on the staff, and actually I feel that most "customers" feel real animosity to them
- poor quality "product"
- abysmal communication, senior management will not even respond to my emails
- Promised refunds never turn up
- I find myself complaining about it all the time
- I really dislike the experience at the moment and it seems to have gone backwards rapidly during the period of this season ticket.
- despite some investment in facilities, let's face it they still lag behind many comparable
- poor atmosphere
- always some annoying person sat near me and recently when I have arrived there has been someone sat in my seat.
- never really been a fan of the electronic ticketing system which forever causes issues

Despite all of the above, I just don't know how to get to London for work differently and won't be cycling so will be renewing my travel season ticket.

Comments

• Can imagine a few people frothing at the mouth before they read your last line!

And a few others who had been going "hear hear"!! :wink:
  • Haha excellent!
  • I have decided today I will be renewing my season ticket next year. Despite there being many reasons not to;

- no feeling of attachment for anyone on the staff, and actually I feel that most "customers" feel real animosity to them
    - poor quality "product"
    - I really dislike the experience at the moment and it seems to have gone backwards rapidly during the period of this season ticket.
    - despite some investment in facilities, let's face it they still lag behind many comparable
    - poor atmosphere
    - always some annoying person sat near me and recently when I have arrived there has been someone sat in my seat.
    - never really been a fan of the electronic ticketing system which forever causes issues

Despite all of the above, I just don't know how to get to London for work differently and won't be cycling so will be renewing my travel season ticket.

I sense a love of trains here ;-)
  • Not another one of these threads!!!!! :wink:
  • TelMc32 said:

Can imagine a few people frothing at the mouth before they read your last line!

And a few others who had been going "hear hear"!! :wink:

I don't understand the last line !
  • I have decided today I will be renewing my season ticket next year. Despite there being many reasons not to;

- poor quality "product"
    - poor atmosphere

As an employee of TFL, I will pass on your concerns to our CEO. He/she/It may, or may not, get back to you at some point if you're lucky.
  • On a related but slightly different note does anyone else go through Lewisham and if so have they spotted the Lawrie Wilson lookalike on the ticket gate, genuinely looks like an identical twin.
  • Uboat said:

Anyone who tries to stop me commuting to work had better know a good dentist etc.

I'm the opposite, anybody who tries to stop me commuting will get a handshake (perhaps more if you happen to be a young lady - not Adam Johnson young I hasten to add) and the pleasure of my company over a few beers.
  • I'm renewing soon but will withhold payment until the very last minute, that will show them
  • Sponsored links:

• Very good AC. You got me !
  • edited March 2016

On a related but slightly different note does anyone else go through Lewisham and if so have they spotted the Lawrie Wilson lookalike on the ticket gate, genuinely looks like an identical twin.

too busy looking at the trains, mate, sorry
  • Great post... as I have a Freedom Pass (yes, I still work full-time) I don't have to worry about renewing my ticket. As for the God-awful service I'm glad I don't have to pay! Oh, as for renewing the OTHER season ticket... while the Belgians are in charge? Sorry, not a feckin chance!
  • The similarities are uncanny, based on this can we expect RD to go for one the franchises - RD Southeastern?