Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Prem Tonight

For football fans on here: as of now Spurs are losing, Arsenal are losing, City are losing and Utd drawing at home to Watford. Leicester's point last night which was greeted with sorrow by their fans and all the neutrals is now looking pretty significant.
The way things are going Pepe could find himself in the Europa League next season and who would bet against Chelsea still making the top 4?

Comments

• Options
    Spurs and Arsenal and City all lose and guess who have just scored in the last minute? Utd!
  • Options
    Great stuff
  • Options
    United is an 8pm kickoff so a few minutes to go
  • Options
    Although Liverpool put 3 past City, the biggest cheer if the night was the substitution of Sterling.
  • Options
    I'd love Leicester to win it, and it would be very funny to see Guardiola turn up to play Europa League.
  • Options
    MOTD 10.45 tonight.
  • Options
    Great win for Swansea, really gives them daylight over the bottom 3
  • Options
    reieved for Swansea's win.
    As for Leicester, get in there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Shame about Un*ted, otherwise fantastic set of results, even though I prefer Spurs to West Ham got to back Leicester.
  • Options
    What a night for Leicester
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If only they had won against West Brom...

It would be UNBELEIVABLE if they won the league... It would give hope to everyteam in the English game...
  • Options
    Weary of Man Utd creeping up on the rails!
  • Options
    Bizarre that United who are supposed to have had this horrendous season are now level on points with City who are percieved to have been competing for the title all season.
    As for Spurs - if you had told their fans before the season started that they would finally finish above Arsenal, Utd, City, Chelsea and Liverpool, would they have even considered that they still wouldn't win the title?
    As for Arsenal - the title is finally theirs for the taking and they are bottling it.
    I'd love Leicester to do it, but I still think the pressure will get into their heads at some point, plus a couple of key injuries might scupper them.
    There are still a lot of points to play for and whoever wins it this year will probably end up doing it by default.
    I hope Leicester, nut think Arse might nick it.
  • Options
    North London derby this weekend. Whoever wins that will go on to win the title I think. Like many others I want and hope it's Leicester but the others have stronger squads for the run in.
  • Options
    E-cafc said:

North London derby this weekend. Whoever wins that will go on to win the title I think. Like many others I want and hope it's Leicester but the others have stronger squads for the run in.

More games too though.
  • Options

What a night for Leicester

Tbh, I think the Spurs result was far less damaging than Leicester and Arsenal dropping points at home. I would have gladly have taken a point if offered before kick off last night given that was our 3rd game in 6 days with no Dembele or Alli (until the last 20mins), our two most consistent performers all season. Cant take nothing away from West Ham though, they played very well indeed last night. First time Spurs have been outplayed all season. Bilic got their tactics spot on but the fitness levels told.

Biggest NLD in my lifetime on Saturday, probably longer (excluding cup Semi-Finals). All the pressure will be on Arsenal and by the sounds of it, Cech and Koscielny picked up injuries last night and will be doubtful.

West Ham are going to have a huge bearing on where the title goes this year. They've still got to play Arsenal at home and Leicester away. If West Ham play like they did last night, they'll give anyone a game on that form.
  • Options
    CHGCHG
    edited March 2016
    West Ham are not that far off the top four, with LC / A / TH / MC bottling it can they be a late comer to the title challenge?
  • Options
    And I really wouldnt put it past them either on last night's performance. @uncle must be well chuffed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    3 defeats in a row for Man City, that's the same record as Aston Villa!
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Although Liverpool put 3 past City, the biggest cheer if the night was the substitution of Sterling.

He got bullied... did you see henderson celebrate Sterling get wiped out :lol:

• Options
    E-cafc said:

All the "others" are still playing in Europe, Leicester aren't.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

For football fans on here: as of now Spurs are losing, Arsenal are losing, City are losing and Utd drawing at home to Watford. Leicester's point last night which was greeted with sorrow by their fans and all the neutrals is now looking pretty significant.
    The way things are going Pepe could find himself in the Europa League next season and who would bet against Chelsea still making the top 4?

wouldn't rule out West Ham either

• Options
    Most entertaining premier league season ever.
  • Options

E-cafc said:

That's a fair point but they have stronger squads to cope with that. I want Leicester to win it but think they will just fall short. If they can finish top four then it is an outstanding season for them.
  • Options

I'd love Leicester to win it, and it would be very funny to see Guardiola turn up to play Europa League.

It's not so much that I want Leicester to win, it's more a case of any other team than the usual suspects. Man City in the Europa League would be, as you say, very funny.
  • Options
    mascot88 said:

If only they had won against West Brom...

It would be UNBELEIVABLE if they won the league... It would give hope to everyteam in the English game...

Torquay?
  • Options

Most entertaining premier league season ever.

Yes and I seem to remember in September, that Man C were already about 6 points clear and I thought they were nailed on with Arsenal probably a distant second.
  • Options
    E-cafc said:

E-cafc said:

That's a fair point but they have stronger squads to cope with that. I want Leicester to win it but think they will just fall short. If they can finish top four then it is an outstanding season for them.
    Only one game a week. Keep Vardy and Mahrez fit, and it's very possible.

Man City have 2 easy games (Villa and Norwich) before their 2nd leg CL match, then the Manchester derby! Assuming they get through, that's 2 more CL matches they will have to play