Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

George Kennedy RIP

Another star from the Naked Gun movies gone. RIP

Comments

• Lmfao at being remembered for Naked Gun. Think he'd probably more like to be remembered for Cool Hand Luke!

That was a bit before my time @Leroy
  • RIP Dragline
  • Lmfao at being remembered for Naked Gun. Think he'd probably more like to be remembered for Cool Hand Luke!

That was a bit before my time @Leroy
    Good job you are not on Pointless (or doing one of my quizzes)...

I must admit I wasn't aware that he was still with us. RIP
  • RIP
    One of my favourite bits of Naked Gun is when Frank is congratulating him on being with the same woman for 20 years, whilst he has to make do with loads of shallow sex with strangers.
    The look on George's face and his foaming at the mouth still makes me chuckle.

Agreed - and others such as The Dirty Dozen, Flight of the Pheonix, The Sons of Katie Elder, The Eiger Sanction and quite a few more.

RIP

Everywhere I look I'm reminded of him.
  • RIP George, great memories from your films. Many of which are classics.
  • Sponsored links:

• The " car wash" is stuff of legend

RIP Dragline
  • Yep very good actor RIP big man
  • Used to love his acting.
    Appeared in a few Clint Eastwood films. His acting in 'Thunderbolt and Lightfoot' when he gets 'kissed' by Jeff Bridges is superb, as of course is his part in 'Cool hand Luke'.
  • edited March 2016
    RIP - could have sworn he was in Airplane but just found out he wasn't at all.
  • RIP - could have sworn he was in Aeroplane but just found out he wasn't at all.

He was in Airport - close enough!!
  • Didn't realise he was that old (91). Cool Hand Luke is one of my favourite films & enjoyed Charade as well. He shifted into comedy really well too and definitely had the facial expressions for it. Rest in Peace Mr Kennedy.