Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton make Ansah, Kennedy and Obileye available for loan

http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/article.cfm?id=116403&headline=Charlton Athletic make three players available for loan&sectionIs=sport&searchyear=2016

Might mean that they are trying to free up some wages to bring in another loanee/free agent.

Was mentioned at Bromley Addicks that we are still looking

Comments

• Options
    Can't see any point in bringing in additional players now.

12 games left......if we won 6 drew 3 and lost 3 we'd end up with 46 points. Would we stay up?
  • Options

12 games left......if we won 6 drew 3 and lost 3 we'd end up with 46 points. Would we stay up?

Possibly. Our very slight hope is that MK Dons are even more crap than us. We do still play them in a couple of weeks. But we're really straw clutching.
  • Options

We're down, honestly I'd rather the 3 of them spent time in and around the first team for next season. Don't know much about them, but would rather 3 kids in the team than loaning some 2 Bob Belgian or a has been like Johnson.

Two of them will probably not be here, Zak Ansah and Ayo Obileye's contracts run out this season, so are trying to offload their wages before being given a free in the summer
  • Options
    I can't imagine their wages would be high anyway. I imagine it's more to give Ansah and Obileye a chance to get some first team football and impress a future employer
  • Options
    I very much doubt Ansah and Obileye are in our long-term plans. Neither is anywhere near the first team. Suspect any move will be with a view to a perm deal. Kennedy has had a chance and hasn't really taken it. He is more likely to be around next year so hopefully his is more about playing time.

Agree with others that it is utterly pointless bringing anyone in. Waste of money. We are gone.
  • Options

I very much doubt Ansah and Obileye are in our long-term plans. Neither is anywhere near the first team. Suspect any move will be with a view to a perm deal. Kennedy has had a chance and hasn't really taken it. He is more likely to be around next year so hopefully his is more about playing time.

Agree with others that it is utterly pointless bringing anyone in. Waste of money. We are gone.

I think it's a bit harsh. Kennedy was given a chance wide on the right to basically run up and back in a couple cup games, then he got injured. I don't think he's quite up to scratch, but don't think he could be written off just from his couple matches in the first team (if he's not rated in training by the coaches, etc. then so be it).
  • Options

Possibly. Our very slight hope is that MK Dons are even more crap than us. We do still play them in a couple of weeks. But we're really straw clutching.
    Should Milton Keynes win two more games, we'd have to win five.
  • Options
    Why waste money bringing more in? For someone who supposedly cash is king for Roland seems to love wasting it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why does Sarr not go out on loan he is not getting any minutes for first team or u21. He is not going to adjust to English football if he doesn't play. He should go out on loan to league 1 or 2 to prepare for next season.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

We're down, honestly I'd rather the 3 of them spent time in and around the first team for next season. Don't know much about them, but would rather 3 kids in the team than loaning some 2 Bob Belgian or a has been like Johnson.

Two of them will probably not be here, Zak Ansah and Ayo Obileye's contracts run out this season, so are trying to offload their wages before being given a free in the summer
    Ansah will be here next season.
  • Options

Kennedy has a contract until 2018.
  • Options

Why does Sarr not go out on loan he is not getting any minutes for first team or u21. He is not going to adjust to English football if he doesn't play. He should go out on loan to league 1 or 2 to prepare for next season.

I've got a pretty good idea - nobody would want him. Besides I'm not sure we would pay £1.6m (?) and then loan a player to a league 1 or 2 club - a network club maybe though.
  • Options

I've got a pretty good idea - nobody would want him. Besides I'm not sure we would pay £1.6m (?) and then loan a player to a league 1 or 2 club - a network club maybe though.

Welling are shipping goals left right and centre.
    Send him local.
  • Options
    iamdan said:

Welling are shipping goals left right and centre.
    Send him local.
    There trying to stay up!
  • Options

And Ceballos!
  • Options
    loan them to Welling for FREE they have done enough for us over the years and now they could badly do with our help
  • Options
    He needs experience if his going to be any good we can still pay his wages. I think perhaps it's time to put pope in first team and drop Henderson now as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

loan them to Welling for FREE they have done enough for us over the years and now they could badly do with our help

For some reason, I am reminded of the phrase, "With friends like these...."
  • Options
    Ansah will not be here next Season.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    dickplumb said:

Ansah will not be here next Season.

From what I've seen of Ansah and that's a lot less than you Dick and apologies in advance to Henners because I know he's got a soft spot for him but I also think he won't be on our books next season.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
  • Options

Agree. After Lookman and Vetokele are sold, Makienok and Sanogo returned to their parent clubs and Reja given a free transfer, Ansah will be our number 1 forward next year.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

Ansah will not be here next Season, I know that as a fact. He has not been given a chance by the three hundred and seventy five coaches we have had this Season. Why do you think they will keep him.

The below is from Dr Kish

Ansah has had a spell with Newport this season, while Obileye spent the first half of the season on loan at Dagenham & Redbridge. The contracts of both players run out in the summer, and they seem unlikely to be offered new deals.
  • Options
    The question re Ansah and there are others who know better than I to answer is can he be at least third or fourth striker in league one ? I can definitely see a completely new strike force which no doubt will be done on a tight budget. Is he good enough for third or fourth ?
  • Options

Agree. After Lookman and Vetokele are sold, Makienok and Sanogo returned to their parent clubs and Reja given a free transfer, Ansah will be our number 1 forward next year.

KAG up front with Harriott playing just off him is about the best we can offer next season.
  • Options
    Why can't we buy the better div1 players with the money from Baeur, Gudmundsson, Watt, etc.
  • Options

KAG up front with Harriott playing just off him is about the best we can offer next season.
    Could be even worse given that it looks like Harriott's contract won't be renewed at the end of the year.

KAG with Umerah up front, maybe?