Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lookman signs to 2020

2»

Comments

• Good luck at your new club in the summer.
  • Never mind him.
    Will Charlton still be around in 2020?
  • "They've done something right
    they've done something right
    How wrong must we be*
    They've done something right"

*Poetic licence invoked

Notice that KM is talking again.
    Where is that?

• vffvff
    edited February 2016
    Good on Adeola Lookman for signing so that it means that Charlton will get an agreed sell on fee. I will be very surprised though if Lookman lines up for Charlton in League One. The undisclosed release fee will end up in Duchatelet's pocket. Not sure, what good any of it helps Charlton whilst Football failure Duchatelet, and inept Meire are in place. Charlton Athletic will not recover as a club until Duchatelet and Meire are gone.

Come on Richard Murray, stop being so proud, show you have key and future interests of the club at heart and give the Varney brokered deal a hearing. Encourage Duchatelet and Meire to give the deal a hearing. If you love Charlton then you should be big enough to put aside past differences. That will be the positive legacy you can leave the club - help to open the way for a secure future for the club. And you get your money back to boot. You know it makes sense.

• edited February 2016

When we are relegated he deserves to move to a better run club regardless of how long his contract is for - he'd be a wasted talent in league 1

When we are relegated Chris Solly, 200 appearances, quality, 100% effort every time, puts his body on the line despite terrible knees and reportedly on poor money deserves a move and I am very sorry to say I hope gets one (sorry because he is by far my fav player and I would be sad to see him go).

An 18 year old with a handful of appearances to his name, despite looking exceptionally promising hardly 'deserves' anything. He will be on a decent contract, and playing for a team in the top 65 in the country is hardly a disaster and almost certainly less of a waste than playing in an U18's third team for a PL giant.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be upset with him if he decided to leave this circus but I am not sure he has really 'deserved' anything yet.

Anyway, at face value this is good news and I will applaud it as such.
  • We'll re-sign him when we're back in the Prem within 5 years, following a takeover, with PV as Executive Chairman. Write it down. My missus has had a premonition and she's a bit psycho psychic.
  • Should be over the moon with this.

All I can muster is cynicism. Gone in the summer after the undisclosed release clause is activated.

Thanks Katrien.

Likewise.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good news for Ade and Roland, I'm a little bit surprised this information has been released after a defeat which almost confirms relegation, anyone would think they are trying to bury bad news.
  • Good news for once! Well master Lookman
  • "They've done something right
    they've done something right
    How wrong must we be*
    They've done something right"

*Poetic licence invoked

Notice that KM is talking again.
    Where is that?

In the OS article about Lookman signing
  • Makes sense for the lad. Improved contract so will earn a few extra quid until he agrees to sign for a prem club in the summer.
  • Just such good news. Well done sir, so pleased you have signed and I hope you have the career your talent suggests you should have.

I hope it is with us under new ownership.
  • It's good news and no one knows if he will be sold in the summer, if you do can I have the lottery numbers for tonight please

What scouting set up?

• It has to be good news.

You can argue the extent to which it's good news but it is good news.

I think big clubs may wait another season to see how he progresses before coming in.
  • http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-ademola-lookman-new-contract-2972348.aspx

Ademola Lookman wants his story to inspire Charlton’s stars of the future.

What do we reckon that is... Step.1: Play well... Step.2: Get noticed by bigger club... Step.3: Get the hell away from Charlton
  • Would be astounded if this did not have both a relegation release clause and a big-club release clause. His agent is unlikely to be stupid enough to tie him to a failing club and in so doing bugger up his career AND miss out on commission
  • Sponsored links:

• Won't mean a thing. He will be gone in the summer.

It means we get good money for him, it's better than a kick in the spuds
  • Echo everyone's thoughts in wishing Ademola well & hope he/his agent/his Dad thinks long & hard before he accepts a move as early as this summer.

The lad looked totally underwhelmed on Tuesday evening - his reputation has inevitably meant that managers ensure he's tightly marked from start to finish.

I sincerely hope that his confidence is regained very soon and that the dubious experience of playing in a bottom 3 team hasn't affected him adversely in the long term.

• From the limited appearances I have seen he has a long way to go before becoming a Spurs or Arsenal player.

If he goes in the summer for a premier league club then i wish him the best.
    He has done what every player should sign, ensure the club that gave them a chance receives a fee as did Gomez

Young Diego who has lost he's way and gone backwards I have nothing but apathy for
  • edited February 2016
    Hopefully having Diego back stopped Ademola from leaving in January.