Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So whats the best Competition you've won?

124»

Comments

• Options
    masicat said:

masicat said:

Orpington Amatuer Boxing Club personality of the year 1968 presented to me at The Daylight Inn by Terry Spinks. The award was specially created for me by our sponsor Norma Travel of Petts Wood because I had 10 straight defeats and there was no chance of me winning anything for boxing. I retired with that record intact.

Yeah, but you done Ade Edmondson.
    With a right hander.....no other way. Amazing how you mention this so often, I can't remember anything about you.
    Why would you ? I've never dumped Ade Edmondson on his arse.
  • Options
    masicat said:

masicat said:

Orpington Amatuer Boxing Club personality of the year 1968 presented to me at The Daylight Inn by Terry Spinks. The award was specially created for me by our sponsor Norma Travel of Petts Wood because I had 10 straight defeats and there was no chance of me winning anything for boxing. I retired with that record intact.

Where was that club and when did it shut? Know they've got Brunos place at the priory and keddles do some boxing but surprised their isn't a proper ABA there now given the size of sunny Orpington.

Club was at The Rosecroft in St Mary Cray. Was quite a big club at one time. I think it closed around 1990 but I'm not totally sure. Used to be regular boxing at The Civic Hall in Orpington.
    The Rosecroft itself is still open, does regular rockabilly nights