Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Why Can't We Defend Corners Anymore?

2»

Comments

• Simonsen said:

Heard a statistician on Talksport the other day saying that only 4% of corners lead to a goal. I'd like to know what percentage of our opponents corners have led to goals, it would put the size of our problem into stark reality.

A quick (!) analysis of corners in League plus both cups this season is....For: 139.....Against 252.

Now somebody else can work out how many goals we've conceded from corners.....

PS: How many of Fulham's goals count? The header obviously but do the others really count as they weren't direct tom the corner?
    I think that means we should on average have conceded one goal every three games. Ours is more like three goals every game!
  • Ben18 said:

Just lazy last night. Makienok is left as the free defender and should be attacking the ball. He's caught on his heels and doesn't react.

We had every player back for the corner, but still didn't find it necessary to have anyone on the posts. Players like Solly shouldn't be man marking on corners, they should be safely tucked up next to a post to clear the ball off the line.

completely agree. Fulham scored with solly man marking and Makienok again!!! flat footed (see Fulham's second) ...

http://www.skysports.com/football/fulham-vs-charlton/339908
  • I have lost count how many times JBG has pumped in a corner that has failed to beat the first defender. Little things like that where we conisistently fail can be picked up by scouts and planned against us. This has been one heroically shit season and I can't wait for the end so I can give me tuppence worth to the shower of shite running this once great club. The quicker they all Foxtrot Oscar the better.
  • Even the commentator last night said just before the corner kick "Charlton don't defend corners" and then boom. 1 nil down.