Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Accrington Stanley Away Roll Call

2»

Comments

• Would like Wimbledon to come up. Also would like to do Plymouth. Never been there and once heard a fellow Millwall fan say "you do Plymouth and Carlisle, then fill in the dots in between". Well I've done Carlisle so if I do Plymouth too I can come out with the same phrase and claim it as my own ;-)
  • Godstone said:

had some of my best ever away days at the so called poxy little clubs, Scunthorpe, Carlisle, Walsall, Yeovil, Notts County, Port Vale, Colchester, etc etc. Grimsby on a Tuesday night. Done them all. Actually, Grimsby was a bit shit, but the rest of them? Loved it. I'll go anywhere to follow my club, don't care what league they're in. Some of the football snobbery on here makes me laugh. I hope Accrington go up, I would love to go there next season. It's an iconic club, what with the 80's milk advert and that.

That's just something that someone who's already been relegated would say, if you lot go up it'll be "enjoy Accrington haha".
    Never. I said one of the positives of us getting relegated for me was that I get to do a few grounds/towns I haven't done yet done. When people on here said "enjoy Burton" when we went down I replied that I would! And I wasn't joking! As it happens I couldn't get to Burton and was a bit gutted about that. I'd like to say I'd do it next season but they look nailed on for promotion (something I predicted before the season started).

League One next season will have to go some to be worse than this season - so you may be right.
    People on here thought I was nuts when I said relegation wouldn't necessarily be such a bad thing for us, but so far I've been proved right. This season has been miles better than any of the last three in the championship.
    All this talk of consecutive relegations is nonsense. You'll hold your own in league one (if you do indeed go down) and at least see a few results.
  • I love the smaller ground away days with Charlton. And say what you want but 2/3 of those seasons in League 1 were very enjoyable, getting to see some new grounds and having at least a fighting chance of winning each week. But with this regime in charge it does not seem as if it will have the same charm. Would take relegation tomorrow if it meant KM and RD packed their bags and buggered off.
  • Agree with millwallfan, one of the enjoyble things last time we were in L1 was visiting new grounds like Bury, Rochdale and Hartlepool.
    Bring it on
  • had some of my best ever away days at the so called poxy little clubs, Scunthorpe, Carlisle, Walsall, Yeovil, Notts County, Port Vale, Colchester, etc etc. Grimsby on a Tuesday night. Done them all. Actually, Grimsby was a bit shit, but the rest of them? Loved it. I'll go anywhere to follow my club, don't care what league they're in. Some of the football snobbery on here makes me laugh. I hope Accrington go up, I would love to go there next season. It's an iconic club, what with the 80's milk advert and that.

Yeah I hate all that shit, I've seen some fans lamenting the fact we'll be playing the likes of them as if we are too good for it. We are not. No team is better than the league they are in.

Same with pricks that think their "massive" club has an inherent right to play in the top tier, some Leeds and Wednesday fans spring to mind.

I'm in the minority that would genuinely rather be in league 1 than the premier league. You get patronised the whole time as you have the "privilege" of getting wrecked by Arsenal and Chelsea and the stadium is full of pricks that weren't there a year ago.
  • had some of my best ever away days at the so called poxy little clubs, Scunthorpe, Carlisle, Walsall, Yeovil, Notts County, Port Vale, Colchester, etc etc. Grimsby on a Tuesday night. Done them all. Actually, Grimsby was a bit shit, but the rest of them? Loved it. I'll go anywhere to follow my club, don't care what league they're in. Some of the football snobbery on here makes me laugh. I hope Accrington go up, I would love to go there next season. It's an iconic club, what with the 80's milk advert and that.

Yeah I hate all that shit, I've seen some fans lamenting the fact we'll be playing the likes of them as if we are too good for it. We are not. No team is better than the league they are in.

Same with pricks that think their "massive" club has an inherent right to play in the top tier, some Leeds and Wednesday fans spring to mind.

I'm in the minority that would genuinely rather be in league 1 than the premier league. You get patronised the whole time as you have the "privilege" of getting wrecked by Arsenal and Chelsea and the stadium is full of pricks that weren't there a year ago.
    We'll get that next season if we play our youth and have no experienced coaching staff. But rather than by Arsenal & Chelsea it'll be by Millwall & Burton. Know which I'd prefer.. :- )

Nailed it mate.
  • Would like Wimbledon to come up. Also would like to do Plymouth. Never been there and once heard a fellow Millwall fan say "you do Plymouth and Carlisle, then fill in the dots in between". Well I've done Carlisle so if I do Plymouth too I can come out with the same phrase and claim it as my own ;-)

No real surprise a Millwall fan still doing dot-to-dot stuff.... :-)

Like you, all my best away days have been at pokey lower league places like Bury, Stockport, Wallsall, Rochdale, Wycombe etc

• edited February 2016
    Could be some fun away days next season in the offing. :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't want to visit these pikey pokey lower team grounds!
  • With the new grounds, visiting some of these L1 clubs is much like the top and second tier clubs, just smaller!
  • Agree with millwallfan, one of the enjoyble things last time we were in L1 was visiting new grounds like Bury, Rochdale and Hartlepool.
    Bring it on

Least we wont have to worry about Tranmere, god that place was cold!!!
  • Could be some fun away days next season in the offing. :smiley:

Accrington, Mansfield and Shrewsbury look good.

That's just something that someone who's already been relegated would say, if you lot go up it'll be "enjoy Accrington haha".
    Never. I said one of the positives of us getting relegated for me was that I get to do a few grounds/towns I haven't done yet done. When people on here said "enjoy Burton" when we went down I replied that I would! And I wasn't joking! As it happens I couldn't get to Burton and was a bit gutted about that. I'd like to say I'd do it next season but they look nailed on for promotion (something I predicted before the season started).
    Well, Duchatalet and Meire are a godsend in that regard. A few new grounds next, but perhaps a shedload more in 2017-18 when we are in League 2 (or the 4th Division as it actually is).
  • Easy Trip up to Accrington, just change at Preston on the train.....funny little town, but I found the people very friendly......unlike Burnley down the road.
  • Accie is a very small place at the end of the 19th century. Can't wait. Not many new places left to go with Charlton. Fleetwood if they can hang on. Will pass Burton on the way down and that's it unless Accie and Mansfield can unseat Oxford and Plymouth. I hope Oxford miss out, have disliked them ever since we were regularly smacked up by Aldridge, Houghton and Saunders.
  • In fact now I think about it John Aldridge has to be one of the most objectionable footballers ever full stop. Especially for sliding in on NJ at Anfield and coming away with a penalty for his trouble. Complete whining tashed up pinhead.
  • Saw Accrington v Barnet about 8 years ago.

An absolutely dreadful place that makes Burnley inviting.

Strangely enough, walking out of town towards the ground it is very pleasant with some nice property.
  • Many very big very nice houses all over East lancs. Where there's muck there's brass lad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Many very big very nice houses all over East lancs. Where there's muck there's brass lad.

And a little bit cheaper than down here.

And a little bit cheaper than down here.
    Not the Lancashire girls I knew....

Sadly.