Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Simon Makienok v Simon Church

2»

Comments

• edited February 2016
    No way is Makienok in the same level of shite as Simon Church, nobody is.

Makienok has shown that when he is confident and in a team that actually makes chances, wins corners etc then he can be a nuisance.

Simon Church is the worst striker I have ever seen at Charlton in the 20 years I've been going. Atrocious.

So what if he is a likeable bloke? Gandhi is a likeable bloke but I wouldn't put him up front. Actually, then again......we've tried everything else.
  • Big Si 5 goals in 23 games with a poor squad around him.
    Little Si 5 goals in 55 games with no excuse.
  • Both useless, make Leaburn look like Pele!
    Oh for Darren Bent, Mendonca, Andy Hunt, Yann, BWP and Tony Watt!

Having a bubble with that last one mate, if you throw his name in there you need to add about 20 names to the list that have played in the last couple of decades, all of which made a bigger contribution than TWatt
  • Question... Could Simon Church have scored the goals that Simon Makienok scored against Rotherham?
  • edited February 2016
    cafctom said:

Makienok has shown that when he is confident and in a team that actually makes chances, wins corners etc then he can be a nuisance.

Simon Church is the worst striker I have ever seen at Charlton in the 20 years I've been going. Atrocious.

So what if he is a likeable bloke? Gandhi is a likeable bloke but I wouldn't put him up front. Actually, then again......we've tried everything else.

I mean.... Sodje, Abbott, McLeod, Benson, Mooney all instantly spring to mind as worse from the past 5-10 years. I'd probably have Church over Reza at the moment. Not saying you're wrong, but I disagree!

Edit: Chris Dickson
  • sam3110 said:

Both useless, make Leaburn look like Pele!
    Oh for Darren Bent, Mendonca, Andy Hunt, Yann, BWP and Tony Watt!

Having a bubble with that last one mate, if you throw his name in there you need to add about 20 names to the list that have played in the last couple of decades, all of which made a bigger contribution than TWatt
    If we are talking pure ability alone, then Tony Watt is one of the most naturally talented players Charlton have had since leaving the Premier League.
  • cafctom said:

Even worse than Paul Benson?
  • Church ran around a lot but one of the softest shots ever seen for a pro footballer.

Mak doesn't run around enough and positional sense very poor.

Both very weak physically.

Verdict, neither scored anywhere near enough goals neither good enough for championship.
  • edited February 2016

Question... Could Simon Church have scored the goals that Simon Makienok scored against Rotherham?

Let's go to the crowd for an answer:

I think we have an answer.

• I'm looking forward to the end of the season when Mak goes back. He's crap.
  • Sponsored links:

• Big_Bob said:

I'm looking forward to the end of the season when Mak goes back. He's crap.

Same. And when about a dozen others leave. Get rid of all the deadwood, starting with the boardroom.
  • Big_Bob said:

I'm looking forward to the end of the season when Mak goes back. He's crap.

Same. And when about a dozen others leave. Get rid of all the deadwood, starting with the boardroom.
    'Build a bonfire, build a bonfire' :smiley: .
  • This question is a bit like "How would you prefer to die ? "...
  • Between these two I'd have to say that it's a 0-0 draw!
  • edited February 2016
    RedChaser said:

Dazzler21 said:

If you want to compare anyone in our squad with Simon Church its got to be Reza... Runs after the ball, closes the opposition down yet when it comes to doing the nitty gritty stuff between the Midfield and Attack you know he's not going to come out on top

I still prefer Reza because... Well... :heart: REZA :heart:
    Enjoy Reza and Mak whilst they're still here :wink:
    Come to The Valley and watch the Championship bench warmers of the future.
  • Depressing to even have this discussion. Not quite like "Hales is the better finisher but Flanagan is the better all round player" arguments back in the day.

*Sobs into beer*
  • Worth saying that a few posters on Preston's forum thought Makienok was tremendous on Tuesday night, yet I look at the players' marks and someone gave him a 3 whilst another poster claimed he doesn't want to play for us!