Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Denise Rommedahl

DENNIS Rommedahl is the first player to demand a move from Charlton after relegation.

He said: "If I have to be honest, I had already made up my mind about wanting to play somewhere else a long time ago"

Dennis, mate - I think we'd noticed!

Comments

• Options
    no great surprise there really, isn't he out of contract anyway ?
  • Options
    Not a player to be sorely missed, and would have been kicked out of the Championship. If he's not out of contract, hopefully we can persuade someone to part with a million quid for him.
  • Options
    You could be right - frankly it would be best for all parties if he moved on. Whatever his attributes regarding pace, he never really cut it in the prem. Under Pardew a number of players were able to improve and show their true worth - Dennis didn't even rise to the challenge then.
  • Options
    He took up football very late on in life and it always showed. No football brain, flat footed a lot of the time and the biggest pansy ever to pull on a Charlton shirt.

Good riddance.
  • Options
    Complete bottlejob.

Admittedly we did not play to his strengths but he ain't getting a move to a Premiership club so the best he can hope for is a move back to the mighty Dutch Eredivisie.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Captain Haddock[/cite]DENNIS Rommedahl is the first player to demand a move from Charlton after relegation.

He said: "If I have to be honest, I had already made up my mind about wanting to play somewhere else a long time ago"

wheres that quoted?
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Good riddance as far as I'm concerned. You can count the match winning performance on one finger of one hand. Curbs knew he had made a mistake when he signed him. One of the most disappointing players ever to wear the red shirt. Yes he had pace, just none of it appeared between his ears. There was something lacking in his nature that Sigmund Freud would have found difficult to tease out.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Captain Haddock[/cite]DENNIS Rommedahl is the first player to demand a move from Charlton after relegation.

wheres that quoted?

In today's Daily Mirror
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: PassItToLeaburn[/cite]He took up football very late on in life and it always showed. No football brain, flat footed a lot of the time and the biggest pansy ever to pull on a Charlton shirt.

Good riddance.[/quote]

An outrageous comment.

You're forgetting Ambrose, surely?
  • Options
    I'm angry when it come to Romm because he had the tools to be so much better than what he showed.

I question Pardew not selecting him from the last couple of games when we needed a supply, but i would not of been suprised if in training he showed absolutely no desire to get himself back in the team.

bye bye
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Captain Haddock[/cite]

An outrageous comment.

You're forgetting Ambrose, surely?[/quote]

No, I think Rommedahl is the most lightweight footballer I've ever seen.

Ambrose is even more frustrating though because he has a lot more actual ability than Rommedahl but still endeavours to play like a tw@ half the time. He has a good football brain and good feet, he is weak in possession but I could forgive him that if his distribution didn't land at an opposition player's feet half the time.

With Romm it was obvious that he had little in the way of natural football talent with Ambrose I'm sure that's not the case and that makes performances like Monday night's all the more annoying.
  • Options
    Personally I think it's a shame that we never got the best out of Rommedahl. you only need to look at his performances for Denmark to see what a theat he can be.

He was one of the few players that was genuinely able to stir some excitement into a game. It's just a shame that he never did it consistently.
  • Options
    let's not forget that we have already signed the 'new' Rommerdahl.
  • Options
    Just picking up on PITL's point, I remember seeing Ambrose early on and thinking that he would be a big player for us. The thing I find frustrating about him is that I have never seen anyone so easily brushed off the ball.

Regarding Rommedahl, he may be a great threat for Denmark, but over - what is it - three seasons in the PL he has consistently failed to show it.
  • Options
    Awful player, never once showed anything near the standard we all thought he would.
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Why are there so many that underachieve in a red shirt? So annoying!

I also thought Ambrose would become a star for us! Also thought Thomas would be a bit more up there as well.

Anyway, got to keep our chins up!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Firefli[/cite]Why are there so many that underachieve in a red shirt? So annoying!

I also thought Ambrose would become a star for us! Also thought Thomas would be a bit more up there as well.

Previously I'd put someone like Ambrose not performing down to Curbs and his ultra negative tactics drumming any flair a player had out of him. Now I'm not sure what to blame?

Will be interesting to see which of our remaining players sink and which swim next season though...
  • Options
    Don't blame Pardew for not selecting him. He had a clause in his contract that said if anything above a light breeze was blowing he could be excused....
  • Options
    I will not be surprised to see him sign for a Dutch club that plays in the Champions League & seeing him destroy some of the top European full backs on the big stage. He had the Pedigree & showed it in such small flashes. I am not gonna say anything too rude about him, just a hugely frustrating player. Thanks for the Palace result Dennis !
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    He showed in brief glimpses that he has exceptional talent and that combined with his international form explains why Curbs felt it worthwhile spending £2million.

Many have blamed Curbs for his poor form but he never really did it for Dowie, Reed or Pardew either.

Our weak midfield hasn't helped him this season but when 4 managers fail to get a player to consistently perform my instinct is to question the attitude of the player.

It is a shame though. He could have been a great player for us with the right attitude.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]

Our weak midfield hasn't helped him this season but when 4 managers fail to get a player to consistently perform my instinct is to question the attitude of the player.

Wise words
  • Options
    A very frustracting player to watch
    Shows signs of greatness, had pace BUT 100% bottled every challenge and was crap at heading.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Firefli[/cite]Why are there so many that underachieve in a red shirt? So annoying!

I think Rommedahl is in a different class as a failure. He was an established international with some reputation when he joined us. Ambrose was a nearly player who had struggled to make the grade at Newcastle. Thomas was already languishing in the Arsenal stiffs of the stiffs with a fitness and attitude problem. Curbs thought he could turn them round. He was only partially successful and neither of them have been consistant performers with Thomas having a fitness problem again at the time Pards joined.
  • Options
    Thomas was a worthwhile punt for £100,000 and has more than repaid that.

The frustration with him is that he DID deliver for a while and looked a real bargain.

Again though he couldn't sustain it.

I think we (me included) have sometimes been harsh towards Ambrose. We talk about young Lloyd Sam yet Ambrose (and Benty come to that) are only a few months older. I'm impressed with what Ambrose has said on the Official Site and he may yet come good for us.

I hope so anyway!
  • Options
    You are right about both. I was just responding to the point that both had been failures like Romm. My point being that they were not established stars and we shouldn't be surprised if they haven't set the world alight whereas Romm argubly was a star and has not sparkled at all.

I hope both Thomas and Ambrose can be inspired by Pards to fulfil their potential.
  • Options
    Romm out of contract, never really did it at Charlton, can't blame him for wanting out. Perhaps needs some advice about keeping his gob closed a bit more.

Not only does it make him disliked by us, it makes everyone else think he's desperate.. hardly gonna make a big club come in for you is it Rommers...

Shame cos he could be an 'exciting' player to watch.

Herm, give him a kick please in the head!