Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Too Blind to See It

edited February 2016 in General Charlton
1991/92 classic from Kym Sims currently playing on Heart.m (don't ask)

Little drop in the song when she goes "hey let me tell you something, no man in the world...."

And the little group of us down T's or where
ever when this was playing over the next few years would finish that line shouting out 'takes the piss out of Charlton'.

But I've been saying it for a while and I think more and more people are starting to see it the same. That's exactly what Roland and that woman have been doing. Taking the piss out of us and our club.

It's got to stop and we need to get all supporters on board. When you bear in mind people were critical of a 20 second 'stand up if you want them out chant' as being divisive and non supportive of the team, you realise how difficult a challenge that is.

But we've got to at least try. Things need to be upped, I've no doubt they will be upped, but most importantly they desperately need to be supported

Comments

• Options
    Surprised I finished the post before falling asleep standing up. Night!
  • Options
    Tune that Dan
  • Options
    That tune reminds me of under 18s Zens on a Monday night!!
  • Options
    One too many Singha's for me I think !
  • Options
    I think we should stop/delay the home next match in a non dangerous way and the next and the one after that hand in our season tickets. Put them in one big bucket and hand them over to recepetion.
  • Options
    You're not allowed to criticise "her" . It makes you a sexist pig and will get the women in football clan onto you.
  • Options

I think we should stop/delay the home next match in a non dangerous way and the next and the one after that hand in our season tickets. Put them in one big bucket and hand them over to recepetion.

I'm up for that!
  • Options
    You lost me at "classic from Kym Sims"... :wink:

You may have been in your cups AFKA, but you are not wrong in the rest of your post.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2016
    The title of this thread reminded me of these lyrics from roughly the same era, which seem quite apt.......

I screamed aloud to the old man
    I said, "Don't lie, don't say, you don't know"
    I say,"You'll pay for this mischief
    In this world or the next"
    Oh and then he fixed me with a freezing glance
    And the hellfire's raged in his eyes
    He said, "Do you wanna know the truth son
    Lord, I'll tell you the truth"
    Your souls gonna burn in a lake of fire

• Options

Love that tune Lincs.

'Ave a bit of that youngsters, shove that up your Calvin Harris in One Direction!!

you are a man of superb taste AFKA .. a great pop song from a REAL Stone Fox .. as 'they' say in Chicago (:>) .. Calvin who ?????
  • Options
    I can just picture you dancing around your handbags to that one... :smiley:
  • Options

I can just picture you dancing around your handbags to that one... :smiley:

And then kicked to the sides to create a bit of room for some seriously naughty Jump Around and Boom Shake the Room moves :-)

Tick Tick Tick Tick Boom !!

• Options
    Just before pat Sharpe played come on Eileen then put on the erection section and Ts became a hot bed of feeding horses on the dance floor,

But apart from that Dan you are right and now enough is enough I fully support and respect those who are commencing and commuted to the protests but they are not enough alone, it's time we raise the threat level and let that piece of work despicable Meire see that there is a side to our support who she doesn't wish to rattle too far and that Roland may have fronted out Leige but we ain't Leige and she doesn't have him at her side to face it for her

That boardroom where they toy with us is the aim the stand In which Murray and her sit is the focus, the offices of those that support her we need to get cahones and Murray and Meire to not want to face what's coming and coming every day they open the ground,

• Options
    At first glance I thought it was that Maradona woman. But its a good tune and it got the artificial hips in the house gyrating a bit. ;)
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

At first glance I thought it was that Maradona woman. But its a good tune and it got the artificial hips in the house gyrating a bit. ;)

lol .. Here is another hip shaker from a few years before sweet Kym .. and NO .. it's not Earth, Wind and Fire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1wx5Sy6kfU
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Surely @TCE a good hip shaker would be your first ever record you bought on 78 rmp......the Okey Cokey!! LOL

You put your right hip in, right hip out, in out in out and then it 'pops out'!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    buckshee said:

You're not allowed to criticise "her" . It makes you a sexist pig and will get the women in football clan onto you.

Currently in first place in the Most Stupid Comment of the Day stakes.
  • Options

Can I ask a question? What are the main sources of revenue of our club? It seems that the protests and the media coverage are unfortunately not enough to drive the Belgians out. Duchatelet and the CEO have the thickest skin the world has ever seen. They have absolutely no sense of shame. They don't care what the public think of them. The only thing that can hit Duchatelet where it hurts most is probably finance. The crazy old man cares about money, doesn't he? Make him lose every penny he's spent on the club. No ticket sales, no sponsorship deals, no TV money, absolutely no income. I really didn't want to see Charlton fall so deep but now that seems to be the only possible way to force him to leave. It is the cruelest approach I know. And you may say it's easier for me to come up with such an idea because I'm not a local supporter. Well, nobody will be pleased to see the club die in front of their eyes. But if it takes the most drastic effort to save this club, then why not do it before it's too late? The problem though, which I can clearly see, is that there're too many Colin's in the fan base and boycotting everything is unlikely to happen.....

We won't get a total boycott but I think there are enough of us who'll be staying away next season to hit his finances quite hard.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

The title of this thread reminded me of these lyrics from roughly the same era, which seem quite apt.......

I screamed aloud to the old man
    I said, "Don't lie, don't say, you don't know"
    I say,"You'll pay for this mischief
    In this world or the next"
    Oh and then he fixed me with a freezing glance
    And the hellfire's raged in his eyes
    He said, "Do you wanna know the truth son
    Lord, I'll tell you the truth"
    Your souls gonna burn in a lake of fire

I think you'll find the second verse of Nick Lowe's Cruel to be Kind quite apposite.
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

Maradona is a woman?
  • Options
    When I saw the thread title I immediately started singing the song so was pleasantly surprised it was actually referenced. A jaunty hip and shoulder movement in the video if I recall.
  • Options
    Mate, Ive had all sorts of early 90s female lead old skool classics in my head all day

Kym Sims, Rozalla, Cece Peniston, C&C Music Factory, Crystal Waters, Nomad, Alison Limerick, Zoe....

I wanted to go clubbing about 10.30 this morning!
  • Options
    Let's face it,can barely make it to 1030 at night !!
  • Options

Mate, Ive had all sorts of early 90s female lead old skool classics in my head all day

Kym Sims, Rozalla, Cece Peniston, C&C Music Factory, Crystal Waters, Nomad, Alison Limerick, Zoe....

I wanted to go clubbing about 10.30 this morning!

never too old to strut yer stuff AFKA .. ((:>)