Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Zheng Zhi

edited May 2007 in General Charlton
will he stay or go?
Does this make it any clearer or not?!!
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/sports/2007-05/09/content_868904.htm

One thing that does seem clear is that with our relegation it looks like we no longer have the right to make the deal permanent.

Comments

• Options
    no great loss on the pitch to be honest. He was half decent nothing more than that
  • Options
    can go as far as I'm concerned. Recent performances have been very disappointing and have shown he isn't up to it.
  • Options
    goes.
  • Options
    harsh, considering he still doesn't really speak a word of english, i think he gave us a lot more than i was certainly expecting, considering he comes from a completely different culture and style of football. Finding the right position for him could be the real issue though.

I don't expect him to stay, but i think he would be a decent addition if he did. He can play football at quite a high tempo, and that will be important in the Championship. If we're going to play a style of play we saw on Monday, big long diagonals from the back, then that won't be for him.
  • Options
    Yeah, let him go. I was a big fan at first but in the end he was not quite up to it.

If he'd scored at Man City or Everton and with that header at home to Reading then......
  • Options
    the big long diagonal ball has been our only tactic recently and it's got us nowhere, please god we don't play like that in the championship. i know it's a more physical league but we can get out of it by playing good football.
  • Options
    Finding the right position is a good point. I think that part of it was that he had to fit in to cover for injuries etc. He was much better in the middle than playing wide.

I would quite like ZZ, Holland and Andy Reid forming the basis of our midfield next season.
  • Options
    Yes, that right Captain, we did piss him about a bit but the problem was he never really grabbed a game by the balls apart from maybe the Newcastle game.

I really don't like this "playing in the hole" bullshit, at a team like ours you need to be one thing or the other, a midfielder or an attacker, unless you're a genius like Di Canio in which case you can have a free role.
  • Options
    a player in the whole needs to score regular goals as well, which ZZ hasn't done.

Most players from a different culture can take a season to settle, i think if he started next season ZZ would be a very big player for us, particularly as an attacking centre mid. He already has good energy, touch and pass, he just needs to adapt to the british game a bit more.

You forget he is still very young.
  • Options
    He's 26 isn't he? Fair points AFKA but, and this is not singling him out, we needed someone to really grab the run in by the neck (like Jimmy Melrose did in 1987 and Garth Crooks did back in 1988) and do the business for us in the crucial games and neither ZZ or the others could do it. He was OK but I doubt we'll see him again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We played him far forward and his enthusiasm carried him through at first but he got shown up at Everton as not having any attacking sense as far as im concerned.He's meant to be a defensive mid/centre-back, presumably it was decided he wouldnt good enough there for us.
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I rated him.

He won't play in the Championship though so as far as I'm concerned thanks for what you did and good luck for the future.

Correct me if I'm wrong but he didn't come out for the parade. If he did I missed him!
  • Options
    He's got an eye for goal, but just isn't a good enough finisher for the prem in my opinion, thus he might have been decent enough attacking mid in the Championship
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Correct me if I'm wrong but he didn't come out for the parade. If he did I missed him!
    what parade? waited until the team had all left the pitch and then some music started blaring out, so left, like everyone else around ..... did they really come back out? I wish they'd let us know!
  • Options
    Lets not be too harsh on him!!

He played in a faltering side for 6mths and didn't speak a word of the language.

If I were Pards I would be trying to keep him as he could be the box to box type player we've been missing since Spotty left
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Correct me if I'm wrong but he didn't come out for the parade. If he did I missed him!
    what parade? waited until the team had all left the pitch and then some music started blaring out, so left, like everyone else around ..... did they really come back out? I wish they'd let us know!

They took a while to come out but then Red Red Robin came through on the tannoy and they came out. Kish and Reid were there in their civvies Thomas didn't bother to make an appearance and as I said above I don't think ZZ did either. JFH came out without any shorts on!
  • Options
    So Len, honestly - how big is his arse?!?!? lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]So Len, honestly - how big is his arse?!?!? lol

Still big!:-)

You don't mistake it for the Millenium Dome though when he hasn't got his shorts on:-0
  • Options
    I was more than happy to hang around to see them come out, I really wish someone could've bothered to let the fans know!
  • Options
    I know. I don't think they planned to, they just wanted to get rid of the supporters milling around.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i left when "let it be" came on.

that was a bad choice imo. they should have put something on the screen.

the sign came up "have a safe journey home" and i thought that was that. got outside and heard a bit of clapping. can't say the players must have been too chuffed seeing thousands of empty seats. quite annoyed as thats the first time since i've gone i haven't clapped off the team at the end of the season.

at least i'll be there on sunday to do it. i hope they don't just slide off.
  • Options
    I think it was the chants of 'We're not going home' that got the palyers back out.
  • Options

i stayed till the duration, as did a few lifers with me, DJ 3PO and his bro, jimbrannin and palace hater i seem to recall!

When i walked up there were only a few stragglers!!