Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

3-5-2/3-4-1-2/5-3-2

Do you think with the signing of Young and Marco Motta that we could see a return to 3-5-2?

Henderson; Tex, Johnson, Lennon; Motta, Young; Cousins, Jackson; JBG; Mak, Vet

Comments

• Options
    Solly ?
  • Options
    Change johnson and lennon for bauer and diarra when fit and thats not a bad looking team to both attack and defend. Even changr johnson for fanni now and it aint too bad
  • Options
    Not a bad plan, especially when IT could look like

Hendo

Tex, Bauer, Lennon

Solly , diarra , Cousins, JBG, Young

Igor( if fit) , Sanogo/ Mak/ Lookers
  • Options
    I'd prefer...

Henderson
    Solly ... Teixeira ... Bauer ... Young / Fox
    Gudmundsson ... Cousins ... Ba / Jackson / Diarra ... Bergdich / Harriott
    Igor / Lookman ... Sanogo / Makienok
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35592307

"I sent my assistant, Steve Robinson, a text at four in the morning saying 3-4-1-2 and we started discussing it and, by the time we got to work, we knew what we wanted,"
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

"I sent my assistant, Steve Robinson, a text at four in the morning saying 3-4-1-2 and we started discussing it and, by the time we got to work, we knew what we wanted,"

Henderson
    Teixeira ... Diarra ... Bauer
    Solly ... Cousins ... Ba / Jackson ... Young
    Gudmundsson
    Vetokele ... Makienok

Wouldnt be too bad with that type of formation, certainly believe we'd be more creative with it
  • Options
    Basically what I've been saying on here for the past 2 weeks, the signs were there that was the way we could be heading. See my previous posts for the team I think could work.

Think it'll work with the squad we now have. May well be the way forward for us.
  • Options
    1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1
  • Options

1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Just take default defeats - save the planet and stop all the travel up and down the country!

Actually Katrien may find this a good idea!
  • Options
    Riga has been talking about Motta as capable of playing as part of a defensive three so I think he would play with Tex and Lennon, with Solly and Yun at wing back. If we're playing that way I'd like to see Poyet anchoring so that Johann can be free to move into space and Cousins can go box to box, assuming he's fit for Saturday. Considering Yun may not be fit yet we may also end up seeing Bergdich at LWB for a game or two.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Its a shame that Johnson is so cack now
  • Options

I'd prefer...

Henderson

Mate that's 17 players.

There's no way we'd get away with it.
    Bollocks... Was hoping we could do... ;)
  • Options

Its a shame that Johnson is so cack now

You never know...he might not be cack with two other centre-backs alongside him.
  • Options
    0-4 0-5 0-6
  • Options

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Henderson
    Gudmundsson
    Vetokele ... Makienok

Wouldnt be too bad with that type of formation, certainly believe we'd be more creative with it
    This is what I'd go for, except I'd probably start Ba over Jackson at the moment. Pretty good team on paper I think?

Bench would look something along the lines of: Fox, Motta, Jackson, Poyet, Harriott, Lookman, Reza, Pope (that's a bit attacking, maybe)
  • Options
    we could play 4-4-4 and I doubt it would make a difference
  • Options
    That's my lotto numbers sorted - thanks!
  • Options

I'd prefer...

Henderson

Mate that's 17 players.

There's no way we'd get away with it.
    We'd probably still struggle...
  • Options
    edited February 2016

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Henderson
    Gudmundsson
    Vetokele ... Makienok

This is what I'd go for, except I'd probably start Ba over Jackson at the moment. Pretty good team on paper I think?

Bench would look something along the lines of: Fox, Motta, Jackson, Poyet, Harriott, Lookman, Reza, Pope (that's a bit attacking, maybe)
    The problem with that specific side is Diarra would go into midfield more often, meaning that as a team we would naturally fall back into a 442 with Cousins going left midfield again.

Also, having Teixeria and Bauer as the right and left sided defenders, neither can cover both full back positions when Solly or Suk-Young go forward. Hence why Riga most probably already knows this, and Motta, who has played full back before, is said to be able to play in a back 3; Fanni who has played right back for much of his career, played centre back for Marseille last season, so would fit into that role again very well.

With that back 3, we would likely see problems on their outside as well as Diarra playing in midfield. It's important to have players who can cover two positions fairly easily when playing that formation, it should be used as a strength, not a weakness.

However, the personnel of the line up looks good if it was a 442 with Cousins back out on the left. It's good to see we have options now with Diarra and Bauer back fit soon, as well as the new signings.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tbh if we start playing 352 I can see Fox slotting into left centre back, a position I think he'd do quite well at. He wouldn't be exposed for pace quite as much and played cb in the youth. A side with solly motta tex fox young as the defence. Cousins providing the energy and poyet anchoring while jbg is given a free role behind lookman and makienok could start to get results. Obviously you can bring Reza/vetokele off the bench as lookman starts to tire or to replace jbg. And we have plenty of cbs at the moment also. Interestingly we have a few cbs who are left footed eg Lennon, fox and sarr which is quite unusual
  • Options
    To play 3 at the back, you need full backs that are true wing backs - I think this would let Fox out, but Solly fits - and a midfielder who can sit in front of the defence. We have players that can do that. Fox might be ok in the left centre back position as Sollied suggested - Would have to see him play there though. We don't have a pre-season to test it out.