Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Time to Ship Out Charlton Clowns - Daily Mail Article.

Couldn't find it anywhere else on here. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

TIME TO SHIP OUT CHARLTON CLOWNS
Daily Mail 15 Feb 2016

GRAHAM moore wasn’t a huge name in football. a useful midfielder, he began his career with cardiff city and scored a late equaliser for Wales in a 1-1 draw with england in 1959, before moving to chelsea.
Moore was sold to manchester United in 1963 and could have been part of a great side, but his career was hampered by injury. Instead he ended up at Northampton, charlton and finally Doncaster rovers. He died last week aged 74.
He is fondly remembered at charlton, though, having played over 100 games in the old Second Division. These were not halcyon days for the club, but moore was a popular figure; with cardiff the visitors on Saturday, he was guaranteed a decent send- off from all parts of the ground.
So nothing better illustrates the disconnect between charlton’s clueless current owners and its longsuffering fans, that when the moment came for the minute of applause, the big screen showed a photograph of another midfield player from the same era, the very much alive alan campbell.
If such basic care is missing from the daily running of the club, is it any wonder charlton are in crisis? The sooner these clowns ship out, the better.

Comments

• Our message is getting out there........
  • That is terrible. Jesus H Christ!
  • DEFINITION of 'Chief Executive Officer - CEO'
    The highest ranking executive in a company whose main responsibilities include developing and implementing high-level strategies, making major corporate decisions, managing the overall operations and resources of a company, and acting as the main point of communication between the board of directors and the corporate operations. The CEO will often have a position on the board, and in some cases is even the chair.

Pray explain Katrien.

• edited February 2016
    skywalker said:

It's even mentioned in Flanders' most important newspaper ...

I went to see the latest Star Wars film the other day Luke, you've aged but not as much as me since your compatriots took over our club.......................
    As an adopted Charlton fan can you tell them to sell up and go, please. May the force be with you :wink: .
  • skywalker said:

It's even mentioned in Flanders' most important newspaper ...

Would I be right in assuming, given the comments in the interview published by CAST, that Roland's not overly popular with the Flemish?

Mind you, Vivant and Standard Liege fans night indicate he's not that popular elsewhere....
  • Couldn't find it anywhere else on here. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

TIME TO SHIP OUT CHARLTON CLOWNS
    Daily Mail 15 Feb 2016

GRAHAM moore wasn’t a huge name in football. a useful midfielder, he began his career with cardiff city and scored a late equaliser for Wales in a 1-1 draw with england in 1959, before moving to chelsea.
    Moore was sold to manchester United in 1963 and could have been part of a great side, but his career was hampered by injury. Instead he ended up at Northampton, charlton and finally Doncaster rovers. He died last week aged 74.
    He is fondly remembered at charlton, though, having played over 100 games in the old Second Division. These were not halcyon days for the club, but moore was a popular figure; with cardiff the visitors on Saturday, he was guaranteed a decent send- off from all parts of the ground.
    So nothing better illustrates the disconnect between charlton’s clueless current owners and its longsuffering fans, that when the moment came for the minute of applause, the big screen showed a photograph of another midfield player from the same era, the very much alive alan campbell.
    If such basic care is missing from the daily running of the club, is it any wonder charlton are in crisis? The sooner these clowns ship out, the better.

It was to be said that the Graham Moore fiasco has done more to bring the problems at Charlton to national attention than any of our protests...

Partially, as people on the outside tend to write off protesting fans as "moaning because their team is losing" or "fans who want their owner to spend even more money on players" and lets face it, somebody has to lose and be relegated each season.

Cocking up the photo though really highlights the fundamental problems behind the scenes of what was regarded as "nice Charlton" the team that everyone liked.
  • The Belgium press needs to print the Daily Mails article and help shame Roly and his employees
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't know how anyone can stand in defence of this regime anymore. Some might not think that this is directly linked to them, but come on. It's probably one of the most disrespectful acts to occur under their stewardship. I don't care how far removed a student who googled the image is, it is unacceptable.

It is typical of Roland's reign. The arrogant and inept Miere bumbles from the Companies House debacle, to this. Not to mention the shite we are being served on the pitch and the lies.

Enough is enough. There are no more positives. There is nothing these clowns can do to salvage or turn this round.

Each and every week they find another fuck up. What will be discussing next week?
  • How about for next home game protest everyone wear a mask with Graham Moore's face on.
  • The use of that gif is fantastic
  • Too me, this is the most daming of all the newspaper articles that has been published. It really does sum up the leadership of our club or total lack of leadership!
  • How about for next home game protest everyone wear a mask with Graham Moore's face on.

That is a good idea in principle, but I'm not sure how his family would feel about him being used in our campaign against the owners, might be a tad disrespectful etc.

Now the other guy who they showed instead, that could well be an option, but it might be lost on some (especially my generation)

OR, how about a load of Roland masks, just to really confuse them
  • The article is by Martin Samuel. He has been a bit sniffy about Charlton fans since he became pally with that West Ham woman (how dare we make noises about their subsidised take over of Olympic stadium). But he did run a terrific attack on the regime when they did for Sir Chris.
  • cabbles said:

How about for next home game protest everyone wear a mask with Graham Moore's face on.

That is a good idea in principle, but I'm not sure how his family would feel about him being used in our campaign against the owners, might be a tad disrespectful etc.

Now the other guy who they showed instead, that could well be an option, but it might be lost on some (especially my generation)

The other guy - Alan Campbell, you mean ....... ?

He was a major player for 5 years in the Charlton teams of that era, with the ability to unlock the tightest of defences and score some quality goals.
    And in tandem with Graham Moore, Charlton had a quality in midfield that today we can only dream about.

It's almost like a Charlton supporter saying, "Clive Mendonca, who's he?"

• cabbles said:

What will be discussing next week?

Probably your fact of the day.
  • The article is by Martin Samuel. He has been a bit sniffy about Charlton fans since he became pally with that West Ham woman (how dare we make noises about their subsidised take over of Olympic stadium). But he did run a terrific attack on the regime when they did for Sir Chris.

He did indeed - can be viewed here

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2578563/It-stinks-great-club-like-Charlton-eighth-highest-attendance-English-football-history-turned-cheap-dumping-ground-MARTIN-SAMUEL.html

Would be good if we could get him to do another "updated exposure".
  • Sponsored links:

• I believe we sold Alan Campbell to Birmingham for what was our record fee received ?
  • edited February 2016
    Is it me or does Roland look much healthier in that picture when he is sitting next to Powelly, than he did in his photo opportunity last week?
    Only in the pictures last week, as was once said about Michael Howard I believe, there is definitely " something of the night" about Roland.
    I mean, you wouldn't fancy meeting that on a late night South Eastern train, if you were on your own eh......
    ( unless you fancied ironing out a few things with him I suppose)
  • Oggy Red said:

cabbles said:

How about for next home game protest everyone wear a mask with Graham Moore's face on.

He was a major player for 5 years in the Charlton teams of that era, with the ability to unlock the tightest of defences and score some quality goals.
    And in tandem with Graham Moore, Charlton had a quality in midfield that today we can only dream about.

Very true, my dad told me about his era so I know all the old Charlton players, so I informed my dad on Graham's sad passing and he replied, you remember me telling you about that era, very sad a great Charlton player when players stayed at the club longer than a season
  • Oggy Red said:

cabbles said:

Not if you were born in 82 and missed the game this weekend and couldn't remember Alan's name off the top of your head when you wrote the post. But let's make Alan Campbell's the face against the regime. He can be a symbol of their ineptitude.