Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

STATBANK: Charlton 0-0 Cardiff

many thanks to the 59 Lifers who gave marks, here are the stats:
image.

Comments

• Thanks. So we had 2 shots on target, only one of which (the first half shot by Reza) was vaguely threatening...

Good to see Lennon committing fewer fouls, as he had a tendency to jump in when he first got in the team
  • Thanks. So we had 2 shots on target, only one of which (the first half shot by Reza) was vaguely threatening...

Good to see Lennon committing fewer fouls, as he had a tendency to jump in when he first got in the team

Surely Simon's one that beat the keeper but not the covering defender was threatening.

Surely Simon's one that beat the keeper but not the covering defender was threatening.
    From my angle in the East Stand it did look as though it was slightly going wide
  • How do you work out the number of tackles / shots that each player makes @""lancashire lad"

Do you sit in the stands with a little tally chart? ;)
  • How do you work out the number of tackles / shots that each player makes @""lancashire lad"

for shots and fouls I read through the minute by minute commentary and tally them on my little piece of paper. For tackles and such like I rely on OPTA stats where someone else does it.

From my angle in the East Stand it did look as though it was slightly going wide
    According to the official Lancashire Lad stats Mak had no shots on target. I certainly thought his shot was going slightly wide as well
  • shots come into four categories: goal, saved, blocked and wide. I count the goals and saved as on target with blocked and wide off target. This is unfair as if an outfield player blocks a shot on the line then I count it as off target as I have no way of knowing which it is.
  • shots come into four categories: goal, saved, blocked and wide. I count the goals and saved as on target with blocked and wide off target. This is unfair as if an outfield player blocks a shot on the line then I count it as off target as I have no way of knowing which it is.

What about the spongefoot category?
  • edited February 2016
    Can I explain the OPTA stats for the Cardiff game? 541 points!
  • Sponsored links:

for shots and fouls I read through the minute by minute commentary and tally them on my little piece of paper. For tackles and such like I rely on OPTA stats where someone else does it.
    You must have the patience of saint, not so bad if we are doing well, but how do you have the enthusiasm to do it at the moment?
  • Can I explain the OPTA stats for the Cardiff game? 541 points!

I completely agree and think it is rather ridiculous, but that's what they say so that's what I put :smile:
  • Ross - yes it is a bit tiresome at the moment but still interesting or that's what I tell myself.
  • The effort is appreciated