Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Trimming the squad?

Whenever I look at the back of the programme our squad size always seems bigger than that of our opponents. Their seems little point carrying such a large squad if the ability is so thinly spread.
I would rather we had a smaller squad and gave players a regular runout instead of the merry go round where the team constantly changes.
There are certain players in the squad that I would never like to pull on a Charlton shirt again - hopefully next season we won't continue with so many mediocre signings but I won't hold my breath.
RD has wasted a lot of cash on ridiculous player/manager recruitment - for someone so obsessed with cost saving it doesn't make sense. Having KM as CEO doesn't help as her knowledge of football mirrors his....

Comments

• But how many of those listed our squad would, in any other team, only be considered part of the U21s or U18s.

It's smoke and mirrors.
  • We list every player with a squad number, when we list other teams we probably don't include the Josh Umerahs, Mikhail Kennedys and Dimitar Mitovs of Bristol City etc
  • I've been to matches home and away and sometimes we'll play Rotherham (as a random example) and our squad will look bigger than theirs in the programme, when I've been to the away fixture its looked the other way round...

Maybe someone like @Ollywozere could clear up how the opposition squad numbers are done (and where the information is obtained from) on the back of the programme?
  • I've been to matches home and away and sometimes we'll play Rotherham (as a random example) and our squad will look bigger than theirs in the programme, when I've been to the away fixture its looked the other way round...

Maybe someone like @Ollywozere could clear up how the opposition squad numbers are done (and where the information is obtained from) on the back of the programme?

We always receive the squad from the opposition themselves. Our counterparts will send us the list to use and we do vice-versa.

As long as a player is in our squad and has gained a squad number (including unused, from the bench) we will include them in our list.

We always receive the squad from the opposition themselves. Our counterparts will send us the list to use and we do vice-versa.

As long as a player is in our squad and has gained a squad number (including unused, from the bench) we will include them in our list.
    When you send the list to the opposition, do you include pictures of the players? :wink:
  • edited February 2016
    SE7toSG3 said:

but we haven't got a large squad, Roland said so himself in his message to the people, he wouldnt want unhappy players who are not getting picked, it must be the students who help out with the program that made the mistake.

I am sure the club are taking this very seriously and conducting an investigation

When you send the list to the opposition, do you include pictures of the players? :wink:
    Hopefully, not pictures of Alan Campbell.
  • edited February 2016

I've been to matches home and away and sometimes we'll play Rotherham (as a random example) and our squad will look bigger than theirs in the programme, when I've been to the away fixture its looked the other way round...

• edited February 2016
    I thought the title of this thread was a crude reference to a bit of downstairs gardening!!! Phew-there's a relief!!
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought the title of this thread was a crude reference to a bit of downstairs gardening!!! Phew-there's a relief!!

Are you saying we need to cut back on Fanni?