Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Staff wage cuts - first one out the door?

edited May 2007 in General Charlton
Has got to be that bloody pitchside announcer. Jeez, if he says "and a very warm welcome to the players, supporters and officials of ......" just before kick off again then I'll top him.

No, we don't want to give you a warm welcome. We hope you have a thoroughly miserable time. I hope the pies are hot and burn you. I hope the beer is flat and overpriced. I hope the hot water has gone kaput in your changing rooms and someone rifles through your belongings when your out on the pitch. I hope someone has left your directors prawn sandwhiches out on a radiator overnight and they have the shits all the way through the second half and back up the M1 to whatever godforsaken northern hole you've crawled out of. I hope the overhead powerlines come down and your train home is stranded outside Milton Keynes for 6 hours and when you get home you find a note from your missus saying that the dog has been run over and she's run off with the milkman.

But most of all I hope you HATE coming to Charlton, because we always murder you on the pitch and have the three points off you. GET RID OF THIS CLOWN!

Comments

• Options
    youve just been given 20 quid, cheer up!

Floyd will go, its a dog eat cat world
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Has got to be that bloody pitchside announcer. Jeez, if he says "and a very warm welcome to the players, supporters and officials of ......" just before kick off again then I'll top him.

No, we don't want to give you a warm welcome. We hope you have a thoroughly miserable time. I hope the pies are hot and burn you. I hope the beer is flat and overpriced. I hope the hot water has gone kaput in your changing rooms and someone rifles through your belongings when your out on the pitch. I hope someone has left your directors prawn sandwhiches out on a radiator overnight and they have the shits all the way through the second half and back up the M1 to whatever godforsaken northern hole you've crawled out of. I hope the overhead powerlines come down and your train home is stranded outside Milton Keynes for 6 hours and when you get home you find a note from your missus saying that the dog has been run over and she's run off with the milkman.

But most of all I hope you HATE coming to Charlton, because we always murder you on the pitch and have the three points off you. GET RID OF THIS CLOWN!

Off it, you are on fire today matey...... I have been in stitches for the last 5 mins!!
  • Options
    BC will back me up, we've always welcomed the opposition, even that lot from you know where, Senegal Fields....

It's the Charlton way.

And if his train home is stranded at Milton Keynes, then he's gone an awful long way North from his route!
  • Options
    doesn't it backfire, like last night, when the whole of the home crowd boo when its said ?
  • Options
    Still no reason not to be polite and recognise our opposition, as I said it's the Charlton way.

Anyway Pete was only doing it on Monday as my Mike went AWOL! I usually do the introductions and welcomes.
  • Options
    I know this is supposed to be a light hearted thread, but spare a thought for the genuine hard working people at Charlton that are gonna lose their jobs after the Liverpool match due to the inadequacies of some of the players ON the pitch.
  • Options
    How about some of the eighteen communications personnel, who send out the bulletin?

(just kidding, wouldn't wish it on anyone)
  • Options
    yeah recognise the oppo by all means but the warm welcome bit is just toooo much.

A "welcome to our opponents scunthorpe united" will do
  • Options
    Floyd & Harvey - waste of space if ever I saw them, we want Harry the Addock, or some bloke with a fish on a stick.

Programme writers - who ever reads it anyway? Get some grass roots folk to write next years one.
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I know this is supposed to be a light hearted thread, but spare a thought for the genuine hard working people at Charlton that are gonna lose their jobs after the Liverpool match due to the inadequacies of some of the players ON the pitch.

Absolutely right.

The players will be ok on their megabucks but decent working people face redundancy through no fault of their own.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Floyd & Harvey - waste of space if ever I saw them, we want Harry the Addock, or some bloke with a fish on a stick.

Programme writers - who ever reads it anyway? Get some grass roots folk to write next years one.

I read the programme..........I'll get my coat.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Floyd & Harvey - waste of space if ever I saw them, we want Harry the Addock, or some bloke with a fish on a stick.

Ha ha couldn't agree more. Why exactly have we got a cat and a dog as our mascots?