Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Liverpool Weigh Up

WSSWSS
edited May 2007 in General Charlton
How do we/Pards approach this game?

Does he play a "full strength" team and try and go out on a high or does he blood some youngsters who may feature next year with the premise "this is what you can have if you play like you can".

Obviously, the youngsters may get their confidence shot to crap which isnt in anyone's interest but i dont think some of the current team should even be allowed on the pitch for the final game.

Comments

• Options
    Randolph should play. Absolutely no point in playing Myrhe. Other than that no.
  • Options
    Has to be full strength as we will win, West Ham and Wigan will lose, the FA will find even more evidence against West Ham and finally deduct the cheats 3 points, meaning we will stay up. FACT.

That has the makings of a Carlsberg advert :)
  • Options
    Kind of inbetween.
    Randolph must play, loan players I would only play if they have indicated that they want to stay here. Same goes for any out of contract players, if Pards wants them that is - on that basis I wouldn't expect Song, Zheng or Rommedahl to appear.

Swap Elk for Magic and play Lloyd Sam & Lisbie - otherwise full "strength".

eg.
    Randolph
    Young, Diawarra, Bougherra, Thatcher
    Thomas, Holland, Hughes, Sam
    Darren Bent, Lisbie
  • Options
    Rest anyone with any value - Benty in particular.

Play all the Bosmans and loanees.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Paddy Powell[/cite]Rest anyone with any value - Benty in particular.

No, you have to play with some pride.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Paddy Powell[/cite]Rest anyone with any value - Benty in particular.

No, you have to play with some pride.

Having your one or two valuable assets risk injury in a pointless game, just as we have to cash in on them, would be pure stupidity.

And as for playing with pride - it's about 8 months too late for that.
  • Options
    From a purely selfish point of view I would want everyone to play, don't really fancy going up to Liverpool to watch a threadbare Charlton getting taken apart six or seven nil.

However, if we have a Management/Club Business plan in place whereby certain assets are DEFINATELY going to be sold we would be silly to play said assets in this game.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]However, if we have a Management/Club Business plan in place whereby certain assets are DEFINATELY going to be sold we would be silly to play said assets in this game.

Is there one? ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]From a purely selfish point of view I would want everyone to play, don't really fancy going up to Liverpool to watch a threadbare Charlton getting taken apart six or seven nil.

However, if we have a Management/Club Business plan in place whereby certain assets are DEFINATELY going to be sold we would be silly to play said assets in this game.

Feck all that. Complete the following phrase Ketters... "Win, draw or lose...."
  • Options
    shag a big moose?