Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Signs of being an old git

Comments

• Options
    Buying tickets to see ELO at the O2
  • Options
    I'm 33 today and going grey... I'm deffinitely on route
  • Options
    Remembering to put two holes in a party seven to get it to pour.
  • Options

Your first pint was lager 'n' lime.

Lager n lime top surely?
  • Options
    Remembering Snakebite and black in the park made with hofmeister and gaynors old English cider.

Oh that was last week...
  • Options
    Getting faces and names muddled up.....

Oh hang on - that's being a student isn't it.
  • Options

Only being able to buy school uniform from Eric Thomas in Bexleyheath, not Asda, tesco, poundshop or anywhere else.

You just reminded me that the Abbey Wood Comprehensive School uniform could only be bought from the Co-op or Cuffs in Woolwich..
    The Co-op uniform came with a separate school badge which had to be sewn or pressed on; the Cuffs badge was integral to the fabric.
    Anybody remember the huge Christmas trees that Cuffs and Co-op had on their awnings every December?
    Used to love Woolwich when I was a little boy; the open and covered markets, the old ferry approach; the Odeon and ABC cinemas.My Mum says there were 5 cinemas in Woolwich when she was young.
    When MacDonald's opened their first UK outlet they said they chose Woolwich because it was a "typical English town".
    God help us if it still is!

Only being able to buy school uniform from Eric Thomas in Bexleyheath, not Asda, tesco, poundshop or anywhere else.

Day 1 at Abbey Wood Comp in 1968 with Royal blue blazer and cap.

Roller skating down Powis Street in short trousers and fag in mouth.

Being able to buy potassium nitrate and sulphur from Cuffs.

Being rejected by MacDonalds for a Saturday job because I was only doing one A Level at the time.
    That Abbey Wood School cap lasted about 10 minutes on the first day and was never worn again :-)
  • Options
    Spending the last few weeks clearing part of my garden to grow vegetables in.
  • Options

Your first pint was lager 'n' lime.

Lager n lime top surely?
    indeed it was.
    pernod and lemonade for showing off to birds.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ben Truman Export Bitter was a lovely drink!
  • Options
    Being at the Charlton concert in 1974 - headlined by The Who with Keith Moon on drums, supported by Lou Reed, Bad Company & Maggie Bell.
    There was a very strong smell of wacky baccy lingering in the air that day!
    Privileged to have seen the drumming legend that was Keith Moon
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    purdis said:

Being at the Charlton concert in 1974 - headlined by The Who with Keith Moon on drums, supported by Lou Reed, Bad Company & Maggie Bell.
    There was a very strong smell of wacky baccy lingering in the air that day!
    Privileged to have seen the drumming legend that was Keith Moon

Don't forget Humble Pie and Lindisfarne.

The Who were The Who - always brilliant - but Stevie Marriott stole the show for me, albeit a pretty short set.
  • Options
    Alex Harvey was good to.
  • Options

Alex Harvey was good to.

Were they there in 74? I certainly remember them in 76 and yes, sensational!
  • Options
    Remembering when clubs got their highest attendance of the season for fa cup ties.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Alex Harvey was good to.

Were they there in 74? I certainly remember them in 76 and yes, sensational!
    not sure but I can remember Faith healer like it was yesterday.
  • Options

Alex Harvey was good to.

Good call - that was a top performance.

Digressing slightly, saw Captain Beefheart 2 years earlier at South East London Poly and, as a 15 year old, really played a big part in my musical direction.

The Valley concert in '74 was a special event, we were all very lucky to have been a part of it - even Lou Reed, with his orange hair and all leather outfit was really refreshing. Transformer was a really good album but, tbh, I'd never heard of Lou Reed before that concert - shame on me!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    remembering Pompey boys walking up pass the level crossing in the 80's and getting run back.
  • Options
    We'll they've still got it, awesome show. Roger Daltrey could hardly stand at the end though.
  • Options
    Tavern said:

remembering Pompey boys walking up pass the level crossing in the 80's and getting run back.

Also remember them outside Manhattans at West Ham.
  • Options
    When your nose runs faster than your feet
  • Options

Tavern said:

Also remember them outside Manhattans at West Ham.
    Lol me as well
  • Options
    When you had to visit a neighbour for your weekly bath.outside toilet,ABC minors club,or chosing between seeing Summer Holiday Cliff Richard and The Shadows at Blackheath Standard or chosing to watch a football match up on Blackheath.
  • Options

When you had to visit a neighbour for your weekly bath.outside toilet,ABC minors club,or chosing between seeing Summer Holiday Cliff Richard and The Shadows at Blackheath Standard or chosing to watch a football match up on Blackheath.

;)
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rzWjw7AO_Xo
  • Options
    Accidentally allowing your penis to flop out after you forget to do up your fly leaving the toilet in a restaurant.

Oh come on, who hasn't?
  • Options

Muriel Young (sigh) ....
  • Options

Accidentally allowing your penis to flop out after you forget to do up your fly leaving the toilet in a restaurant.

Oh come on, who hasn't?

Bet the valentines diners loved that, put them right off their button mushrooms starter