Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Subject: Press Release: Melexis Announces Robust FY2015 Results

[http://www.pinnaclecrc.com/PR_PICTURES/Client_Logos/Melexis Logo.jpg]

NEWS RELEASE

Melexis Announces Robust FY2015 Results

Ieper, Belgium, 10th February 2016 - Melexis, a global microelectronics engineering company, has posted record-breaking end of year financial results. For the first time in its history, annual sales revenue figures that exceed the Euro 400 million mark (400.1 million) have been posted. This represents a year-on-year sales growth greater than 20%. Melexis’ gross profit margin has risen to Euro 192.1 million, which is an increase of 19% compared to the previous year.

Among the main sources of revenue growth were the company’s magnetic sensor and sensor interface offerings, as well as its products for in-vehicle networking, wireless sensing and far infra-red (FIR) sensing. Following on from these results, the Melexis board of directors has proposed to pay out a total dividend of Euro 1.90 gross per share to its shareholders.

"Melexis is in a very strong position financially. We are proud to achieve such results,” states Françoise Chombar, Melexis’ CEO. “This performance clearly demonstrates that the Melexis product portfolio is fully capable of addressing the many challenges our customers face in developing next generation car models, as well as enabling major advances to be realized in industrial, home automation and medical sectors.” “Melexis continues to invest in new equipment, along with funding extensive research and development activities,” she adds. “Through this we are confidently preparing the company for continued growth in the future.”

For full details of the Melexis 2015 financial results go to: http://www.melexis.com/NEWS/Melexis-Q4-and-FY-2015-results---Melexis-sales-exceed-400-million-euro-2107.aspx

Ends

About Melexis

Melexis designs, develops, tests and markets advanced integrated semiconductor products. Our devices meet the world’s growing demand for greener and safer cars that are fun to drive, smarter appliances and more conscious buildings. We supply unique sensor and driver chips, communicating with analog, digital, wired or wireless interfaces, enhanced with advanced on board microcontrollers or DSP capabilities. Our core experience is derived from over 25 years supplying leading-edge and innovative ICs to the automotive electronics market, expanding in other application fields such as smart appliances and building automation. Melexis is proud to partner with our customers to engineer the sustainable future.

Melexis’ portfolio is built around three pillars: Sensing, Driving and Communicating. Sensors include magnetic, MEMs, and sensor interface ICs; optoelectronic single point and linear array sensors; infrared thermometers, CMOS wide dynamic range, Time of Flight and night vision cameras. Driver ICs cover Advanced DC & BLDC motor controllers and FET Pre-driver ICs. Communication ICs serve RKE, TPMS, ISM band applications, NFC, RFID reader and smart tag solutions. For more information, visit melexis.com

Contact Melexis

Elcke Vercruysse

Marketing Communications Manager

Melexis

Transportstraat 1

3980 Tessenderlo

Mobile: +32 470 86 02 29

Phone: +32 13 67 95 15

Email: eve@melexis.com

In case you are wondering Roland owns them

http://www.melexis.com/InvestorRelations-Corporate-Governance.aspx

Comments

• Françoise Chombar is just a puppet!
  • edited February 2016
    In spite of what that says, Melexis is said in industry jargon to be "fabless", i.e. the only thing it makes is a profit (or at least this was true a couple of years ago). It is largely a design and marketing company.

Other Companies owned by RD's holding company produce a lot of what Melexis sells, including X-Fab, the CEO of which is de Winter, the husband of the CEO of Melexis and the CEO of the holding company, Xtrion. (He is also the former CEO of Melexis and is still on the board).

Melexis seems to make a very high net profit: about 20% or 25% of turnover, iirc. That was true a couple of years ago, as well.

By the way, 2 years ago, Xtrion owned about 53% of Melexis and 59% of X-Fab.

I was looking at a website called "Belgium's Richest" earlier today. I'm afraid business has been so bad RD is just above the relegation zone; the Duchatelet family is now listed as Belgian's 17th richest.

• In spite of what that says, Melexis is said in industry jargon to be "fabless", i.e. the only thing it makes is a profit (or at least this was true a couple of years ago). It is largely a design and marketing company.

Other Companies owned by RD's holding company produce a lot of what Melexis sells, including X-Fab, the CEO of which is de Winter, the husband of the CEO of Melexis and the CEO of the holding company, Xtrion. (He is also the former CEO of Melexis and is still on the board).

Melexis seems to make a very high net profit: about 20% or 25% of turnover, iirc. That was true a couple of years ago, as well.

I was looking at a website called "Belgium's Richest" earlier today. I'm afraid business has been so bad RD is just above the relegation zone; the Duchatelet family is now listed as Belgian's 17th richest.

All the millions pumped into Charlton have cost him dear

• In spite of what that says, Melexis is said in industry jargon to be "fabless", i.e. the only thing it makes is a profit (or at least this was true a couple of years ago). It is largely a design and marketing company.

No, I think it's a case of other Belgian rich investing more aggressively and overtaking the old skinflint.

Quick!

@Davo55 and @Curb_It set up a fund for the poor Duchatelet's.
  • Let's just hope he needs to raise some funds quickly eh Seth? A quick sale to PVs rich investors would cheer me up no end.
  • The Melexis CEO Françoise Chombar seems to know what she's doing. Could we get her on a Roland network free transfer and send Ms Meire off to Ujpest?!

No, I think it's a case of other Belgian rich investing more aggressively and overtaking the old skinflint.
    That's not what Colin told me
  • edited February 2016
    RD sold off part of the worldwide X-Fab operation not long ago; raised a coupe of hundred million dollars, iirc.
  • Incidentally, X-Fab HQ is in Erfurt, Thuringia - just down the road from Jena.
  • Sponsored links:

• Incidentally, X-Fab HQ is in Erfurt, Thuringia - just down the road from Jena.

Yes. The Jena guys admitted that he first wanted to buy RotWeiss Erfurt, but could not. But they say that he wanted to invest in a club in that region as part of his commitment to the region. In fact if he did it like he does at Jena, build up the commercial side, and leave the football side to the professionals, we'd all be happy.