Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Note to Katrien - Liverpool owner backs down on ticket prices and apologise to fans

Comments

• Can't really argue about the price of a ticket down at the Valley. It's the value you get for it that is debatable.
  • 1StevieG said:

Can't really argue about the price of a ticket down at the Valley. It's the value you get for it that is debatable.

I think the communication from the board is the wider point being made here.
  • 3blokes said:

"The three of us have been particularly troubled by the perception that we don't care about our supporters"

Oh, the poor troubled management! Prevention is better than cure. They shouldn't have tried it on with the £77 match-day ticket and £1,029 season ticket in the first place. The trouble coming management's way was the principled direct action by the fans and the publicity they got in the national media.
    Had the fans not kicked up a fuss, those crazy prices would have been imposed.

That said, an apology was made. The comparison with the 'Do It This Way' attitude prevalent at CAFC is valid.

• edited February 2016
    Whilst I 100% agree with the sentiment, it's a lot easier to back down when you've got a new 100 million, trillion, zillion £ tv deal to fall back on, so not quite the same as our situation
  • An apology is an apology and should be taken at face value unless there's a very strong indicator to suggest otherwise.
    When you say we got it wrong and do your best to rectify the disappointment, as it sounds they have done, then the problem can drop and move on.

Fair enough.
  • Surely the difference is that the apology came with a price freeze. The Liverpool owner admitted a mistake (and here's the difference) and rectified it. Our motley crewe have muttered a few admissions about recruitment mistakes and communications, and then carried on doing the same stuff. Just look at 'Interim' Fraeye. We sacked him, and the choice of replacement went down to an unknown Serbian and Riga. No change here.
  • Sponsored links:

• 3blokes said:

I thought this was a relevant quote which matched words with action. Unlike at Charlton currently:

"The three of us have been particularly troubled by the perception that we don't care about our supporters,"

I don't think it is a perception that troubles KM or RD. Sadly!
  • So do we now plan a mass walk out like they did to get more media attention?
  • So do we now plan a mass walk out like they did to get more media attention?

The way things are going, we'll need a mass walk in first.
    Seriously considering just staying in the pub on Saturday and watching the rugby! Won't walk in or out!!
  • The cynic in me says that they always planned to back down if the response was negative.

Now they can freeze the ticket prices (in spite of the mega millions TV deal) that are at an already extortionate price and look like heroes.
  • Favourite line for me is:

"It is a sobering lesson in listening to your supporters properly"
  • The title says it all "apologize" and "fans". Katrine does not know the meaning of either word now if it read screw over the customers she might get it. Well done to Liverpool a club that listens to its fans.