Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

We've made TheFootballRamble.com (aka The Big Time)

Site of the hilarious satirical football podcast. If you don't already, give it a listen. It's very clever, and the real opposite of the "laddy banter" that you get from so much of the rest of the media.

http://www.thefootballramble.com/latest/entry/charlton-athletic-embarrass-em

-Alex (Rambler since '08)

Comments

• LouisMend said:

The Football Ramble is the best football podcast out there that isn't soley devoted to Charlton. Brilliant.

Subtle, dare I say understated?....
  • Good piece by the always excellent Kelly Welles
  • Go fuck yourselves
  • Couple of weeks ago after the Huddersfield/Hull debacle they talked about us for a bit. Jim Campbell seemed to be really well informed about whats going on and like he cared which was nice. Love the football ramble, the best football podcast and up there with the best of any genre of podcast.
  • Who's old Col talking to?
  • colthe3rd said:

Go fuck yourselves

Curb_It said:

Who's old Col talking to?

It's a reoccurring joke on The Football Ramble
  • Back in June 2014 I went to the first Live Ramble and ended up getting the tube back at the same time as Marcus. We chatted for about 45 minutes, and as interested as I was hearing about Pete in Ukraine he was more interested in talking to me about Charlton and my thoughts on Powell being sacked. A really nice guy.

The mate I went with ended up going out until the early hours with Pete and Doc Brown, but sadly he said he couldn't remember any of it.
  • I've been listening for years now and it always raises a smile. Great podcast, decent humour but they are also pretty well informed
  • Haven't missed an episode in 6 years, it's that good.
  • Sponsored links:

• tricky said:

Back in June 2014 I went to the first Live Ramble and ended up getting the tube back at the same time as Marcus. We chatted for about 45 minutes, and as interested as I was hearing about Pete in Ukraine he was more interested in talking to me about Charlton and my thoughts on Powell being sacked. A really nice guy.

The mate I went with ended up going out until the early hours with Pete and Doc Brown, but sadly he said he couldn't remember any of it.

So jealous. A bunch of my mates have been to the Live shows down the years, well that and just the drinks events back when it was like that. A mate ran into Marcus at a party in London, said the same, that he's really nice. At least two of them have similar stories about Pete and Lord Ramble, where they know they talked to them, but they can't remember much else...

Oh, they're doing live events in April and there's a slight chance I'll be in London for one. Unlikely, but it would be one off the bucket list.
  • edited February 2016
    SDAddick said:

Site of the hilarious satirical football podcast. If you don't already, give it a listen. It's very clever, and the real opposite of the "laddy banter" that you get from so much of the rest of the media.

I look forward to it. Having endured the wholly uncouth Charlton Live recently when I was forced to endure relentless Rod Fanni "jokes" and thus stormed out of the drawing room in disgust after covering my family's ears so as to prevent them being subjected further bile through the airwaves a more cultured and wholesome listen is what's required.

I can understand how material focusing on a player's name being similar to that of a lady garden may appeal to the intellectually challenged but it is not what is expected of a reputable Club and (formerly) high brow show such as Charlton Live and I don't need to hear about it when I'm nibbling my evening scones.

What with this such smut and things like talk of proposals for extended Sunday shopping hours this country's moral compass is truly heading towards hell in a hand cart and I truly fear for the world we are leaving our children.
  • Well said, Rodney! ;-)