Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Former Charlton player Scott Wagstaff upset to see club in current state

"It’s tough to watch and it’s hard to take because of the position Charlton were in when I left... Yes I do [feel sorry for the supporters] because the owner has his own ideas..."

Full story:

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/14262337.Former_Charlton_Athletic_star_upset_to_see_club_in_current_state/

Comments

• I spoke to him briefly after the Yeovil rain game....struck me as a really nice lad.

Says he doesn't know half the players but then says with the players we've got, we should be further up the league. C'mon....make your mind up Scott.
  • shouldn't this be a former employee disgruntled thread?

what a let down!
  • Simonsen said:

I spoke to him briefly after the Yeovil rain game....struck me as a really nice lad.

Says he doesn't know half the players but then says with the players we've got, we should be further up the league. C'mon....make your mind up Scott.

I don't know Jamie Vardy but in my opinion he is not a bad striker.

Scott, as a Bristol City squad member, will have seen and been briefed on the abilities (or not) of Charlton players.
  • Would do well for us next year when we are back in the First division. Only trouble is Roland will not sanction the signing of someone who is "proper Charlton".
  • Top man.
  • Top man Waggy!
  • I posted that on the SIO twitter as soon as I took it and it has now been seen by over 13,000 people...
  • Sponsored links:

• It was nice to have players that cared..
  • Proper Charlton. That's all there is to say!
  • I'd take a team of Waggy's over the current bunch we have!
  • I'd take a team of Waggy's over the current bunch we have!

The fittest team we ever had ?

If not the most skillful !

Top lad, always had time for a chat.
  • Really didn't rate waggy when he was here. I'd have him back now in a heartbeat.
  • He would stand out in this crowd, that's for sure .
  • Really didn't rate waggy when he was here. I'd have him back now in a heartbeat.

Waggy had a lot of limitations but he worked really well with Solly, they really complimented each other.
    Much more so than JBG despite his superior skill
  • Bitter ex-employee?
  • Bitter ex-employee?

Doubt it. Could you imagine he's missing what's going on with us....
  • Liked waggy and still do. But I also recall many on here sating he's not good enough we need better. League one player etc etc. Careful what you wish for
  • Sponsored links:

• Liked waggy and still do. But I also recall many on here sating he's not good enough we need better. League one player etc etc. Careful what you wish for

I don't think he was good enough at the time. But he played for us when he was 17-22. Might've improved a little since then although I haven't seen him play personally.
  • He's got two League One winners medals... Would have him back in a heartbeat if we went down (or if we survived)
  • Waggy has hardly played for 18 months, he only gets 15 minutes, once a month ?

Sounds like the type of player we would be after.
  • Waggy has hardly played for 18 months, he only gets 15 minutes, once a month ?

Sounds like the type of player we would be after.

First time I've ever known him to be injured though... You could say the same about Joe Gomez at Liverpool, for some injuries just come along at unfortunate times (it happens to everyone), for others (Andy Carroll) they'll be forever injured and I'd understand the annoyance at Charlton signing someone like that
  • No doubt about it Scott is a great lad but is he one of the answers to our problem? Not really never was good enough for The Championship but League 1 maybe.
  • That maybe..But Christ would he put in more effort than some we have at the moment, and score a few goals..
  • That goal against Bournemouth wow
  • Nearly 2 years ago http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/60831/i-miss-wagstaff/p1

I think he's a decent footballer and one a managers favourite.

He's playing in the championship now so it is his level.

He is right, i half believe that with the squad we have in terms of individual ability (not squad size) we should be doing better but we shoot ourselves in the foot rather strangely.