Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Derby sack Clement

Strange one. Hit a bit of poor form but apart from that looked okay. Not sure about their owners now. Said to be up and coming club but could be 3rd season in a row they blow it

Comments

• Options
    Seems very harsh to me. Derby haven't been great of late but are still in the top 6. Presume they have someone else lined up.
  • Options
    Wow some odd sacking at the moment.
  • Options
    Extremely odd... Especially as they've replaced him with an Academy man
  • Options

Probably keeping the seat warm for Gary Rowett
  • Options

Academy's the way to go. Apparently.
  • Options
    What is the "Derby way" exactly?

They have spent a bit and had a bad run but seems harsh - and even so when the new man is an internal appointment till the end of the season.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    colin1961 said:

philcafc said:

Seems very harsh to me. Derby haven't been great of late but are still in the top 6. Presume they have someone else lined up.

Football getting stupid Redfern at Rotherham and now Clement at Derby ....
    You sent your CV off Col? :wink:
  • Options
    Spent 25m this year, can't afford to not make it this year.
  • Options
    Where is he?

You know who.
  • Options
    Id love him as our boss
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2016
    Bizarre comment by the Chairman which suggests that i's not directly related to the struggle to reach the automatic places

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/paul-clement-to-leave-derby-county-2946021.aspx
    “It was clear in this plan, which was briefed to supporters, players, sponsors and all our stakeholders last summer that promotion this season was not the primary target. The priorities were building on the Derby way and style of football enjoyed in the past two seasons; adding depth and strength to our playing squad; and, developing and improving player and team performance.
    Their next game is against MKD, lets hope the new guy gets them playing better...
  • Options
    First Karel now this??
  • Options
    That's just ridiculous from Derby's owners, yes they was going on a poor run but should make the play offs even so! Strange sacking
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    I predicted at the start of the season the he'd be sacked by Christmas and would be replaced by Nigel Pearson .. an example of his muddled thinking .. new signing Baird was appointed captain at the start of the season and was then dropped .. Keogh, last season's captain was reinstated only to lose the job to Warnock who was then dropped to make way for new signing Olsson .. also, he signed too many players and had no idea what was his best team or how to organise his expensive signings .. a bad appointment that has predictably gone wrong after he spent about £30 million of his owner's cash.
  • Options
    Throwing money at promotion, would love it if they ballsed it up. Surely they'd hit breaking point soon.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Where is he?

You know who.

Who, this fella?
    Yeah, that's him
  • Options
    This is daft
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I predicted at the start of the season the he'd be sacked by Christmas and would be replaced by Nigel Pearson .. an example of his muddled thinking .. new signing Baird was appointed captain at the start of the season and was then dropped .. Keogh, last season's captain was reinstated only to lose the job to Warnock who was then dropped to make way for new signing Olsson .. also, he signed too many players and had no idea what was his best team or how to organise his expensive signings .. a bad appointment that has predictably gone wrong after he spent about £30 million of his owner's cash.

Not really a surprise when you read this post.

Derby fan I know was never convinced by clement.
    Text response when I mentioned it to him "I'd have sacked him weeks ago".

imagine if they had to put up with some of the clowns we've had.
  • Options
    This is almost as big a shock as Fraeye's sacking.
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35533154

A strange one. Usually it's the manager pleading for time, while the owner wants instant results and promotion. Here it was the other way round!
    "Paul's horizon was shorter term than ours. With all good intent I think Paul had a slightly different view.

"He was the one who wanted promotion this season.

"We wanted to build on the squad, develop them, get on a rising tide of performance and let that carry us through into the Premier League - whether that was this season, next season or beyond. I think, for Paul, that was too long a view.

"We have to get this squad working together, developing and improving play and we haven't see that enough of that this season."
  • Options
    Shared a house with Clemo when I was at uni many moons ago. A top top lad who has just got proper shafted by a chairman who likes to make the headlines. What is even more strange is his replacement.