Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

North and West Upper

I have heard that both the North and West upper will not be used if we are relegated. Also the family stand will be moved back into the East stand. Does anyone know if this is true?

Comments

• edited February 2016
    I would not be surprised.

The timing of and the information given in the early bird season ticket publicity will be interesting.
  • The North Upper is the most densely populated part of the ground. Assuming that all those people with season tickets would happily up sticks and buy a season ticket in another stand is probably flawed logic, I reckon you'd end up losing more money from lapsed season tickets than you'd save from opening the upper north.
  • If your going to close stands, close the Quadrants!!
  • We can't be far off the season ticket announcement date. This year it is going to be a hugely significant moment and it will be picked over in microscopic detail. Let us hope Mel Baroni can deal with the storm of chite that will surround the event this year.
  • Close quadrants as a starting block and then see after that. And standardise ticket prices, none of this block by block pricing...
  • I have heard that both the North and West upper will not be used if we are relegated. Also the family stand will be moved back into the East stand. Does anyone know if this is true?

Welcome to Charlton Life.

Where did you hear this?
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

Tell Katrien she can close the whole stadium if she wants! i wont be there so dont give two shits :)

Perhaps nearer to the truth than we realise:

Invest in the Academy player farm. Allow attendances to fall. Repeat the experiment in League 1 and 2 until an Academy dominated team finds its own level. Turn The Valley into housing. Share a ground with West Ham, Palace or Millwall. Make money from player sales.

I wouldn't put anything past this toxic owner.
  • An alternative, I suppose, especially with the prospect of the Jimmy Seed Stand being redeveloped, would be to hand the West Upper over to away support and offer them the use of the Vista lounge too.
  • Sponsored links:

• If this is true could be the final straw for some that have been in there seat for years.
  • I have heard that both the North and West upper will not be used if we are relegated. Also the family stand will be moved back into the East stand. Does anyone know if this is true?

Welcome to Charlton Life.

Where did you hear this?
    Colin
  • I don't know how much truth there is in it but I heard there were some worrying discussions regarding the kit - starting with black and yellow trim being added to the home kit and the badge being tinkered with - something to do with adding Thames Gateway to it and associating it with the barrier and estuary etc??
  • DOUCHER said:

I don't know how much truth there is in it but I heard there were some worrying discussions regarding the kit - starting with black and yellow trim being added to the home kit and the badge being tinkered with - something to do with adding Thames Gateway to it and associating it with the barrier and estuary etc??

they will probably make the home kit Black & White to dilute the protest and they already know we have the matching scarves
    That would be freekin' hilarious

• Don't know why I keep coming on here... just get more and more depressed.
  • Um. How does this news, if true, sit with Squirrel Face's Target 20,000. Even if she succeeds there won't be anywhere for the mass of news fans/students/children to sit if she closes half the ground!!
  • DOUCHER said:

I don't know how much truth there is in it but I heard there were some worrying discussions regarding the kit - starting with black and yellow trim being added to the home kit and the badge being tinkered with - something to do with adding Thames Gateway to it and associating it with the barrier and estuary etc??

Is it April already?
  • DOUCHER said:

Lol what horseshit.
  • Sponsored links:

• mogodon said:

Um. How does this news, if true, sit with Squirrel Face's Target 20,000. Even if she succeeds there won't be anywhere for the mass of news fans/students/children to sit if she closes half the ground!!

They'll introduce safe standing, it'll be safe because it'll be standing somewhere else....
  • The first area that needs closing is the Directors area.

Already in the process of being moved to Belgium. Apparently the only director that wields any influence over key decisions (fans bar music, sofa colour and what pies to win) has resigned...
  • mogodon said:

Um. How does this news, if true, sit with Squirrel Face's Target 20,000. Even if she succeeds there won't be anywhere for the mass of news fans/students/children to sit if she closes half the ground!!

Having been to Target 20,000 meetings I would be very surprised at any of this happening.
  • If they show their usual grasp of the situation, they will up the capacity to 35,000 just as we go into L2.
  • DOUCHER said:

If we've renewed the Allsport deal, the kit I assume will just be out of the Nike pub team catalogue, it's not as if we could start adding strange colour trim even if we wanted to!