Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Bristol City - Match Thread

RedMif is still on his charity walk so thought I'll get this one kicked off.

Team news is just one change from last week, Vetokele injured so Lookman starts

Comments

• CHARLTON | Henderson, Solly, Teixeira, Lennon, Fox, Gudmundsson, Cousins, Jackson, Bergdich, Makienok, Lookman #cafc
  • CHARLTON SUBS | Pope, Sarr, Johnson, Poyet, Ba, Harriott, Ghoochannejhad #cafc
  • #BristolCity v Charlton: O'Donnell, Little, Flint, Baker, Golbourne, Pack, Smith, Reid, Tomlin, Freeman, Kodjia.

#BristolCity subs: Fielding, Pearce, Williams, Wagstaff, Burns, Agard, Wilbraham.
  • Like the look of the starting 11, subs looking weak though
  • Lee Johnson has been named Bristol City Manager, could be irritating as they'll want to impress him
  • Still worry that a Jacko / Cousins combo isn't strong enough in a centre midfield 2.
  • No new signings even on the bench, weird.

Blow about Igor, just starting to look sharp and injured again. Hopefully it's only minor and not a flare up of the same injury.

Starting XI good enough to get the job done, not too many options on the bench though.
  • Like the look of the starting 11, subs looking weak though

Only Reza on bench for strikers
  • Real shame about Igor. Hopefully is a niggle rather than anything major. COYRs!!
  • edited February 2016
    What odds on a Waggy winner?
  • Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:

Like the look of the starting 11, subs looking weak though

Only Reza on bench for strikers
    Yeah im not sure Reza is the right man to bring on if were 1-0 down to grab us a goal
  • They're discussing on Matchday Live that Igor has tweaked his groin again, although apparently it's a different part of the groin. Did it on Tuesday. With muscle injuries like this, it's always a risk that it will flair up again, or it can alter the stride and put more pressure/cause injury to another muscle. Certainly concerning, just really hope he gets back as soon as he can.
  • Yes, a real shame about Igor. I was cautiously optimistic about today for the first time for weeks.

Not so sure now.

COYR!!
  • COYR !!
  • So, no sign of the new guys. Does that mean that Riga didn't want them?
  • Nothing on the bench you would want to see on the pitch on current form.Shows that nothing has changed, squad still way too thin, especially midfield and strikers. Only difference is Riga is more reluctant to throw kids into the mix.
  • SDAddick said:

They're discussing on Matchday Live that Igor has tweaked his groin again, although apparently it's a different part of the groin. Did it on Tuesday. With muscle injuries like this, it's always a risk that it will flair up again, or it can alter the stride and put more pressure/cause injury to another muscle. Certainly concerning, just really hope he gets back as soon as he can.

That sounds worrying.
  • So, no sign of the new guys. Does that mean that Riga didn't want them?

Think it means they're not fit. Typical.
  • C'mon you Addicks!!!!
  • Riga did hint that they may not feature today....

"..I don’t know if they will be involved on Saturday; it is still quite early. It is not only about fitness but also about knowing the team and I don’t what to rush them in this kind of situation. It may not be best for the player or for the team.”
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-jose-riga-bristol-city-2938948.aspx#HRJFXfgfGGZw1afm.99"
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone able to take a lead on the updates in RedM absence ?

Not ideal for me this afternoon
  • The sides have emerged from the tunnel. Kick-off is imminent... COYA!!!!! #cafc #CAFCLive
  • Bolton 1 R/Ham 0
  • Bolton one up
  • 1' We are off and under way! #cafc #CAFCLive
  • Valley11 said:

SDAddick said:

They're discussing on Matchday Live that Igor has tweaked his groin again, although apparently it's a different part of the groin. Did it on Tuesday. With muscle injuries like this, it's always a risk that it will flair up again, or it can alter the stride and put more pressure/cause injury to another muscle. Certainly concerning, just really hope he gets back as soon as he can.

That sounds worrying.
    I should add the bit about getting niggles as you're coming back is my commentary from experience and a hobby interest in biomechanics. If there is an upside in this, it's that we have the squad and the manager who will not risk him or his longer term health. Also, having one game a week is very nice.
  • 5' Nothing to report in the opening five other than the fact it's extremely windy at The Valley today! #cafc #CAFCLive
  • 5' Booking for Bristol City's Smith for hauling back Cousins as he tried to break on halfway. #cafc #CAFCLive
  • 9' City win a corner... #cafc #CAFCLive
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!