Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Radio 5 Live Breakfast Show - Chance for wider protest coverage?

Just been listening to Radio 5 Live's breakfast show with Nicky Campbell. They were interviewing a lad about a protest walk-out Liverpool fans are organising this weekend because of ticket prices.

Similar arguments - With the owner's website referring to the fans as "customers" etc.

The presenters have urged other fans who "feel like customers" to get in touch. They were very supportive of the Liverpool fans.

I'm not able to call in myself, but does anyone want to call in and give our CEO et al some attention on national radio? Could be a great chance.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0070htg/contact

Comments

• Think @Weegie Addick is on now.
  • edited February 2016
    Charlton lady spoke very well. The scale of the debate on her points was a comment of "interesting". Nicky Campbell then went straight back to the Arsenal Supporters Trust Rep to talk about Liverpool.
  • Well done Heather....spoke very well.
  • edited February 2016
    Sorry guys, that's me off now - was hoping to get another word or two in re the protests and how it's not about ticket prices at CAFC. Shame they had to have that eejit guy on to open up with!
  • Just missed, caught the Arsenal, Cov and Everton blokes
  • Apparently there's a "Terry in Greenwich" coming up...
  • Apparently there's a "Terry in Greenwich" coming up...

Ha - Chelsea...

• Sorry guys, that's me off now - was hoping to get another word or two in re the protests and how it's not about ticket prices at CAFC. Shame they had to have that eejit guy on to open up with!

That's quite typical of Nicky Campbells morning show....get some prat on to wind up the other callers...it makes for a good show. Thought you articulated the problems we are facing at Charlton very well Heather.
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks, @Hastingsaddick. Conscious that the R5L hoi polloi probably don't know all that much about what's going on at CAFC. With hindsight, I focussed more on telling our story rather than being controversial! And to think I've always been such a fan of Nicky Campbell, then he treats me like just another customer ;-)

I cannot stand Nicky Campbell. He has a tendency to start asking individuals questions, and then moving on before they have a chance to answer. It's like being interviewed by the living embodiment of Twitter....

He is interested only in making himself appear good, and the occasional soundbite (to make him look good).

Mind you, he's better than Stephen Nolan, but that's like saying Syphilis is better than AIDs (which I know is a crude analogy, and I do apologise: then again, I have used similar thoughts for RD et al).
  • Thanks, @Hastingsaddick. Conscious that the R5L hoi polloi probably don't know all that much about what's going on at CAFC. With hindsight, I focussed more on telling our story rather than being controversial! And to think I've always been such a fan of Nicky Campbell, then he treats me like just another customer ;-)

I cannot stand Nicky Campbell. He has a tendency to start asking individuals questions, and then moving on before they have a chance to answer. It's like being interviewed by the living embodiment of Twitter....

He is interested only in making himself appear good, and the occasional soundbite (to make him look good).

Mind you, he's better than Stephen Nolan, but that's like saying Syphilis is better than AIDs (which I know is a crude analogy, and I do apologise: then again, I have used similar thoughts for RD et al).
    Agree re Nicky Campbell, but Peter Allen is very good (he was 70 yesterday) and I don't mind Adrian Chiles either (though i know his not everyones cup of tea).
  • Peter Allen is great.

Nicky Campbell is the epitomy of a vacuous automaton that just mutters banalities, whilst making sure that no-one steers the discussion onto any topic that might be controversial or not a BBC approved opinion.

Never really liked Giles, TBH - but I have to admit that he has a genuinely enquiring mind and can actually generate interesting radio from time to time. Unlike the above....

Well done Weegie, btw....good stuff.