Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Current fan retention at it's finest
  • Midweek game, wont be many takers
  • Sponsored links:

• How many people went on the free bus to Rotherham?
  • cafc999 said:

How many people went on the free bus to Rotherham?

I believe there were five buses, so guess 250-300?
  • If this mob had any idea they would advertise now they will lay on free transport for Leeds.
    Leeds could either see us go down or salvage Championship status so many people would want to go.
    Sod 1/2 hearted attempts with Rotherham, 10 days before game and difficult for people to organise things, and Preston midweek when nobody will take up the offer as need to take leave from work.
  • cafc999 said:

Which isn't that many more than would have gone via coach anyway (paid travel). So far from a success.
  • cafc999 said:

Which isn't that many more than would have gone via coach anyway (paid travel). So far from a success.
    I'm as much against the way this club has been run as most, but there is no way we would have taken 5 coaches to Rotherham. I would have thought two at the most. Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.
  • cafc999 said:

I'm as much against the way this club has been run as most, but there is no way we would have taken 5 coaches to Rotherham. I would have thought two at the most. Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.
    Even a 300% increase when something is completely free is a bit of a failure. It was a few hundred, let's say 300, more fans than we would have seen without it.

I'm not against a 'positive' thing, but it's just a big sign of the apathy around it all. I'd hazard a guess (that could never be proved) that had this same offer been operated correctly when CP was manager pre-Roland that attendance would have easily topped 1,000, perhaps circa 1,200. Others views may disagree.
  • Booked this trip on Tuesday & received phone call from Katie at the club offering me a refund on the coach travel which was given to me straight away,just to confirm i saw 5 coaches parked outside the ground on Saturday.
  • edited February 2016

cafc999 said:

Even a 300% increase when something is completely free is a bit of a failure. It was a few hundred, let's say 300, more fans than we would have seen without it.

I'm not against a 'positive' thing, but it's just a big sign of the apathy around it all. I'd hazard a guess (that could never be proved) that had this same offer been operated correctly when CP was manager pre-Roland that attendance would have easily topped 1,000, perhaps circa 1,200. Others views may disagree.
    Probably, but there wasn't enough notice given, because they have only just started to react to the protests.

Like I say, I've given Meire as much grief, probably more than most, but I can't knock the club, when they do start responding positively.

The real test will be how we perform in the next transfer window and what happens if/when Riga goes.
  • edited February 2016

cafc999 said:

We wouldn't have taken five coaches under the present set-up because they have systematically killed demand since Dhiran left in the summer (and we wouldn't have taken more than 2/3 if the service was well managed). I'd imagine their ultra-cautious approach would have resulted in one coach travelling, although some of the people who used it on Saturday will have chosen not to drive as it was free and they would have gone anyway. Probably added 200-250 to the Charlton turnout, tbf.

Very few people will travel by coach to Preston in midweek whether it's free or not. It's probably the difference between one going half-empty and one-and-a-half. So it's a very cost-effective offer for the club. Not saying that it isn't a good thing to do for those interested, just that it will be a tiny "operation". The point of the earlier ones was to generate vocal support for the team. I can't see this making any difference on that score at all.

We won at Port Vale, BTW.
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc999 said:

Most long distance away matches, one coach and never full.
  • Maybe refunding the ticket cost for those that have already bought yet are going under their own steam would be a nice gesture, especially as they managed to cock up my Huddersfield refund that I didn't receive, despite their insistence it had been done. It hasn't...
  • This was discussed at a recent Target 20k meeting about the possibility of the club providing another free coach journey and to be fair to the club they've at least gone ahead and done it.
  • cafc999 said:

To be fair, I don't think it's so much the CP effect as the 2 stuffings in our previous away matches! Travelling up to Yorkshire to see the team lose 5-0 and 6-0 doesn't exactly encourage people to spend 9 hours in the coach the next away game, even if it is free!
  • It's all a bit "pleeeeeease like us", isn't it?

Yep, but then there are much worse things than them trying to get the fans to like them. I've got no issue with it
  • Copy and pastes comment from Rotherham thread;

Give us free rail and you can count me in.
  • Copy and pastes comment from Rotherham thread;

Give us free rail and you can count me in.

Said like a true Charlton fan.
  • Badger said:

Received an email this morning, have been issued with a refund for £27 which is nice.

Called up just now and the money has been refunded back to my card.

Splitter! ;0)
  • Badger said:

Received an email this morning, have been issued with a refund for £27 which is nice.

Called up just now and the money has been refunded back to my card.

To pay for the refund the club sold your card details to an Albanian fraud gang