Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Local Adult Sunday Leagues

Anyone play / involved?

Had a long association with the Kent Suburban League up until 4 years ago and just tried to look up the current league tables to see which teams were still going, and seen it has merged at some point with the London and Kent Border League. When did that happen? I assume Josh and Sylvie are no longer running anything?

Looking down the list, don't see too many of the 4 divisions of teams from the KSL now playing in it. Have the rest just folded over time or is there another local league now other than the North Kent Sunday?

Comments

• It doesn't answer your question, but I've been looking for somewhere around Bromley to play football - mainly for the social side as well as a way of getting a bit fitter (certainly not for the sport as I'm shocking at Football ;)). Looking around online I couldn't seem to find anything recent, most of the sites I saw were a few years out of date.
  • http://www.ukfootballfinder.co.uk/

bloke at work used this site to find his club
  • There might be a few in the bromley and orpington district sunday football league (OBDSFL). I play for team in that.
  • There might be a few in the bromley and orpington district sunday football league (OBDSFL). I play for team in that.

I was also going to say about the Bromley league. Think I've photographed a team from there:

http://full-time.thefa.com/Index.do?league=3117271
  • Ah, the London and Kent Border League brings back happy memories. Was formed in early 60's as the Delphis League and changed it's name to it's current one in about 1970
  • I run a team in the OBDSFL.. message me if you're interested... we train Wednesday nights
  • I run a team in the OBDSFL.. message me if you're interested... we train Wednesday nights

What team out of interest WOW?
  • edited February 2016
    Used to play OBDSFL until 5 or 6 years back but my team folded when we all got too old to play. If still the same then 5th division (bottom) was awful, just blokes pissed from night before kicking lumps out of each other. 3rd 4th divisions were competitive and fun albeit at a reasonably low standard. 2nd division and above stepped up in ability (although that was probably just that I was a div 2/3 standard). The great thing was that the league was exceptionally well run and they always prided themselves on having refs for each game and expelling bad eggs quite quickly.

http://full-time.thefa.com/ProcessPublicSelect.do?psSelectedSeason=846038040&psSelectedDivision=1354124&psSelectedCompetition=0&psSelectedLeague=3117271

Blimey - just looked on the website, Starks Park, top of the 4th division (looks like they have one division less now). Always used to be the whipping boys in my day...! They are one of the few team names I recall in the lower leagues so been going a while and on the up...maybe somewhere to look at?
  • Who plays for who then I play in the OBDSFL for Farnborough!
  • When I stopped playing Sunday league, and qualified as a ref, I was warned not to referee in the Brockley and District league because they weren't affiliated to the FA. Is that league still going?
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone play / involved?

Had a long association with the Kent Suburban League up until 4 years ago and just tried to look up the current league tables to see which teams were still going, and seen it has merged at some point with the London and Kent Border League. When did that happen? I assume Josh and Sylvie are no longer running anything?

Looking down the list, don't see too many of the 4 divisions of teams from the KSL now playing in it. Have the rest just folded over time or is there another local league now other than the North Kent Sunday?

No harm in checking out future opposition!

0 points from 10 games and bottom of the 4th, oh dear...or the other one!
  • Where we'll be scouting for players next year if we are to break even financially.
  • I played with beckenham town for a few years back in 97/98. Not sure if they are even still going but they were a well organised team
  • Used to play for a team called Southern Argyle in Orpington & Bromley league few years ago, no idea if they are still around, was a decent standard for a Sunday.

St Germain's, not great season, very disjointed and looking to rebuild and get stronger next season.
  • Was at Farnborough Old boys for over a decade up until moving down under in 2008. Played Saturday and Sunday back in those days! Kent league or South London Alliance on Saturday's, depending on first or second team, normally second's as off watching Charlton every other week! Then OBDSFL on Sunday, was a terrific standard then, won the senior league in 02/03, I think it was. Best achievement for me football wise, was always a strong league with Goldsmiths, Vista, Southern Argyle, Defiance, Milldean, Midfield and a few others.

• Does anybody know when and why the Eltham & District Sunday League folded?

• edited February 2016

Who plays for who then I play in the OBDSFL for Farnborough!

0 points from 10 games and bottom of the 4th, oh dear...or the other one!
    Wrong one mate we're 3rd with a game in hand lost 1. Division 2.

St Germain's, not great season, very disjointed and looking to rebuild and get stronger next season.
    Played against your lot earlier in the season we won 3-0
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2016

I remember it despite being worse for wear. We hit wheel inside of the goal, went off celebrating and ref thought it hit post and never give it. As we've done many times, completely crumbled after, conceding 3 in last 15. You're very good footballing side. Greencourt are probably are probably best side we played but would definitely would prefer you won it to them as there all apparently Millwall and it tells on the pitch.
  • edited February 2016

Does anybody know when and why the Eltham & District Sunday League folded?

I used to play in that nearly 50 years ago @I_was_Floyd , It merged in 2006 and became Woolwich & Eltham Football Sunday Football Alliance here you go; http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/1856223#Comment_1856223

I remember it despite being worse for wear. We hit wheel inside of the goal, went off celebrating and ref thought it hit post and never give it. As we've done many times, completely crumbled after conceding 3 in last 15. Your very good footballing side. Greencourt are probably are probably best side we played but would definitely would prefer you won it to them as there all apparently Millwall and it tells on the pitch.
    I remember that!! I see it went in clear as anything, I played left back I remember admitting to your right winger it was a goal, shocking from the ref.
  • edited February 2016

I remember it despite being worse for wear. We hit wheel inside of the goal, went off celebrating and ref thought it hit post and never give it. As we've done many times, completely crumbled after conceding 3 in last 15. Your very good footballing side. Greencourt are probably are probably best side we played but would definitely would prefer you won it to them as there all apparently Millwall and it tells on the pitch.
    I remember that!! I see it went in clear as anything, I played left back I remember admitting to your right winger it was a goal, shocking from the ref.
    Why didn't you do the Corinthian thing and tell the ref ref it had crossed the line then, he might have been blind but don't tell me he was deaf as well unless he was the bloke we had v Blackburn recently :wink: .
  • RedChaser said:

Why didn't you do the Corinthian thing and tell the ref ref it had crossed the line then, he might gave been blind but don't tell me he was deaf as well :wink: unless he was the bloke we had v Blackburn recently.
    No, trust me he was as stubborn as anything, didn't want to listen to anything. I'd just like to add that I went off after 70 minutes with the score nil nil lol.
  • Used to play OBDSFL until 5 or 6 years back but my team folded when we all got too old to play. If still the same then 5th division (bottom) was awful, just blokes pissed from night before kicking lumps out of each other. 3rd 4th divisions were competitive and fun albeit at a reasonably low standard. 2nd division and above stepped up in ability (although that was probably just that I was a div 2/3 standard). The great thing was that the league was exceptionally well run and they always prided themselves on having refs for each game and expelling bad eggs quite quickly.

http://full-time.thefa.com/ProcessPublicSelect.do?psSelectedSeason=846038040&psSelectedDivision=1354124&psSelectedCompetition=0&psSelectedLeague=3117271

Blimey - just looked on the website, Starks Park, top of the 4th division (looks like they have one division less now). Always used to be the whipping boys in my day...! They are one of the few team names I recall in the lower leagues so been going a while and on the up...maybe somewhere to look at?

Starks being whipping boys changed the second I joined mate ;)

We've got you on Sunday mate!
  • Used to play OBDSFL until 5 or 6 years back but my team folded when we all got too old to play. If still the same then 5th division (bottom) was awful, just blokes pissed from night before kicking lumps out of each other. 3rd 4th divisions were competitive and fun albeit at a reasonably low standard. 2nd division and above stepped up in ability (although that was probably just that I was a div 2/3 standard). The great thing was that the league was exceptionally well run and they always prided themselves on having refs for each game and expelling bad eggs quite quickly.

Starks being whipping boys changed the second I joined mate ;)
    I'm sure ISSS will confirm but they actually got up to division 4 on there own merit before the OBDSFL cut a division. I used to see them as whipping boys in my North Kent days but having played them 2 years ago in a pre-season friendly I saw they had made considerable changes/improvements.
  • edited February 2016

I run a team in the OBDSFL.. message me if you're interested... we train Wednesday nights

What if you're crap?

Edit. Nevermind; found my answer - scouts@cafc.co.uk

We've got you on Sunday mate!
    Manorwood? I'm not about this week so second choice left back will be in, he's still better than Fox though.