Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Manchester City - Guardiola confirmed

Comments

• Options
    Don’t agree with the above AT ALL but posting for discussion’s sake.
  • Options
    How about setting a limit on how many contracted players a club is allowed to have over the age of 18?

Premier League clubs stealing 60 young players from lower-league teams, then complaining they aren't playing any competitive football is a bit rich.
  • Options
    Personally think that B teams works in other countries because they only have one decent league. We have two high quality leagues. I’d imagine some other European 2nd divisions are at the standard of top half league one.

Would imagine that teams like Chelsea who buy as many kids as possible at a young age, refuse to play them and instead loan them out for years and years before finally selling them on.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Sounds like the Championship without relegation to me...

Maybe Pep should take a trip down there when Man City arent playing and he'll realise that some attendances are bigger than Premier League ones
  • Options
    The Almighty Pep has spoken, we must alter our games and leagues immediately.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Funny how they get all the refs' decisions. Aguero coming back onside for 1st goal, on edge of 6yd box so hardly not interfering. De Bruyne was a second yellow all day long and the keeper antics deplorable, should have not had the time added on for blatant time-wasting.
  • Options
    Keeper was a disgrace waiting for his Elastoplast, so glad Newcastle beat them tonight
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iaitch said:

The Almighty Pep has spoken, we must alter our games and leagues immediately.

The man is a colossal wanker, fantastic manager but such a penis!
  • Options
    Some rumours circulating that he has apparently agreed a deal to manage Juventus this summer. May well be rubbish but the story has been broken by the same guy who broke the Ronaldo to Juve story so you never know.

Also is there something in this post-match comments last night:

"The most incredible thing after what we achieved last season is in this stage we are fighting for everything.

"So, most important for the club - more than winning one title - is having the mentality to be there until the end and fight for the titles in this stage of the season.

"That's important because for the future, for the new players and managers who are coming, they will learn from this group of players, and this group of people, that we never give up and fight for every single game and title until the end.

"That is the best lesson."

So......not sticking around for too much longer then or reading too much into it?
  • Options
    I suspect it depends on how the season finishes. Get another Premier league championship and/or the Champions League and he might consider that job done, mission accomplished and move on to another job. 
  • Options
    Think they could definitely win the quadruple this year.  Juve in the Semis could be the toughest test.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    I suspect it depends on how the season finishes. Get another Premier league championship and/or the Champions League and he might consider that job done, mission accomplished and move on to another job. 
    Transfer ban must play a huge part in his decision. Plus the very real prospect of a CL ban. 
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    If City don't win the CL this year, then i honestly don't see why he'd leave the premier league for Juventus. Juve is no challenge at all, guaranteed to win the league by about 15-20 points, probably an 80-90% chance of winning the Copa Italia too (this year is the first time in 5 years Juve won't win it). So he's literally going to try and win the Champions league..........which he can do at City.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    thenewbie said:
    Transfer ban must play a huge part in his decision. Plus the very real prospect of a CL ban. 
    Can the CL ban be introduced in the next week and a half? please?
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    If City don't win the CL this year, then i honestly don't see why he'd leave the premier league for Juventus. Juve is no challenge at all, guaranteed to win the league by about 15-20 points, probably an 80-90% chance of winning the Copa Italia too (this year is the first time in 5 years Juve won't win it). So he's literally going to try and win the Champions league..........which he can do at City.
    He left Barcelona to go to Bayern, not much of a challenge there too.
  • Options
    Two of the top 6 teams in the English Premier League are in the semifinals of the UEFA Champions League, another two are in the semifinals of the UEFA Europa League. The other two are in Manchester. 🤣
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Riviera said:
    Two of the top 6 teams in the English Premier League are in the semifinals of the UEFA Champions League, another two are in the semifinals of the UEFA Europa League. The other two are in Manchester. 🤣
    Yep - one of those has a record in all competitions of Won 26 Drawn 9 Lost 15. The other's is 47-4-6 and are favourites to win 3 trophies this season. Liverpool with 34-8-6 don't get anywhere near that and Barcelona with 38-12-4 have a much lower win percentage.

So, yes neither Manchester Clubs are still in the CL. But I suspect one will end up the season much happier than the other.
  • Options
    City are also 4 games away from becoming the first side in history to win a domestic treble.

I think at the start of the season if you'd offered them a domestic treble and a CL quarter final (that in fairness they should've won), they'd surely have taken it.
  • Options
    Man City win their last games and they’ll have won 198 points in 2 seasons 
  • Options
    Riviera said:
    Yep - one of those has a record in all competitions of Won 26 Drawn 9 Lost 15. The other's is 47-4-6 and are favourites to win 3 trophies this season. Liverpool with 34-8-6 don't get anywhere near that and Barcelona with 38-12-4 have a much lower win percentage.

So, yes neither Manchester Clubs are still in the CL. But I suspect one will end up the season much happier than the other.
    Sorry to hear about your sense of humour transplant. 
  • Options
    City are also 4 games away from becoming the first side in history to win a domestic treble.

I think at the start of the season if you'd offered them a domestic treble and a CL quarter final (that in fairness they should've won), they'd surely have taken it.
    On what basis should they have won it?
  • Options

I think at the start of the season if you'd offered them a domestic treble and a CL quarter final (that in fairness they should've won), they'd surely have taken it
    On the basis of money spent, wages, depth of squad, they should be winning against Spurs. But in terms of actual performance Spurs deserved to win.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

I think at the start of the season if you'd offered them a domestic treble and a CL quarter final (that in fairness they should've won), they'd surely have taken it
    On the basis of money spent, wages, depth of squad, they should be winning against Spurs. But in terms of actual performance Spurs deserved to win.
    If that's how we're judging it, they should win everything, that can't be what @c@Chris_from_Sidcup meant though.
  • Options
    I mean... Realistically on the bases I put, yeah they SHOULD be winning everything. Domestically they may very well end up doing just that. 
  • Options

On the balance of play, possession, chances created, Llorente luckily scoring a goal off his hip.

You can't seriously tell me you thought Spurs were the better side?
  • Options
    Over 2 legs I thought they did enough, or rather, city didn't do enough.