Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Newcastle and Stoke both bid over £20m for Berahino

Comments

• Options
    New tv money talking?

He's a decent striker but nowhere near that valuation.
  • Options
    Why would he want to join Newcastle anyway?

As for Stoke, I'm sure that's not what he had in mind back in August...
  • Options
    He's decent enough and that's about it. Worth maybe 7 mil if he wasn't English.
  • Options
    Hopefully he signs for Newcastle, and that's from an England point of view. He's wasting away under Pulis at west Brom, and hopefully, he'll go and get some goals in the next 5 months, and offer Hodgson another striking option to take to the Euro's.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

He's decent enough and that's about it. Worth maybe 7 mil if he wasn't English.

Yet Lookman and Joe Gomez are worth £10m?
  • Options
    Stoke would be a good fit with their midfield talent + Bojan.

20m honestly isn't that much in this day and age for a good English striker.
  • Options
    Just imagine if we had Darren Bent now... In this sort of age, he'd have cost us £10m from Ipswich and we'd be selling him for about £40m!!
  • Options
    22 goals in 51 starts for a 22 year old is pretty decent.

So to get an english striker for 20m when clubs now get 100m a season just from Sky is probably not bad value.
  • Options

So to get an english striker for 20m when clubs now get 100m a season just from Sky is probably not bad value.

Let's not exclude his appearances from the bench though, no doubt some of them 22 goals came from bench as well as I reckon about 5-7 from penalties. For a player who IMO doesn't offer much apart from goals and someone who is not a first team starter at WBA, 20 million is outrageous.
  • Options
    Is he not a first team starter because he wants away though? I'm sure a motivated and fit Berahino is more than good enough to start for them
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2016

Let's not exclude his appearances from the bench though, no doubt some of them 22 goals came from bench as well as I reckon about 5-7 from penalties. For a player who IMO doesn't offer much apart from goals and someone who is not a first team starter at WBA, 20 million is outrageous.
    Alan Shearer scored 260 Premier League goals, with 58 of them being penalties. That's 22.3% of all of his goals at that level coming by way of penalty kicks. Does that lessen his legacy?
  • Options

Exactly, who wants a striker like that!
  • Options

Alan Shearer scored 260 Premier League goals, with 58 of them being penalties. That's 22.3% of all of his goals at that level coming by way of penalty kicks. Does that lessen his legacy?
    No not at all, I'm just including that to justify my argument that the kid is not worth 20 Million even in today's climate.
  • Options

Exactly, who wants a striker like that!
    For 20 million pound when his goals to games ratio is around 1 in over 2.5 games.....me!!!
  • Options

Is he not a first team starter because he wants away though? I'm sure a motivated and fit Berahino is more than good enough to start for them

I think it's because he doesn't fit into Tony Pulis system, but if he's not motivated because he wants away surely that adds to my argument that he's no where near worth 20 million because he may just throw a strop at his future employers shortly after signing a new contract.
  • Options

No not at all, I'm just including that to justify my argument that the kid is not worth 20 Million even in today's climate.
    £20M in today's Premier League climate is a drop in the ocean.

Martial could cost Man Utd in excess of £63M.
  • Options
    Just what Jeremy Pearce wanted, a bidding war.
    Daniel Levy must have been close to having a pulmonary embolism with Newcastle offering an alleged £21m cash upfront.

Given Levy's methods unsettled Berahino in the first place (which I don't agree with before anyone says anything!), I'm surprised to hear from various sources that Spurs are now looking elsewhere because Pochettino doesn't like his attitude.
  • Options
    He ain't motivated because the spuds do what the spuds do piss the smaller clubs players off to sign them cheap, the baggies chairman said fuck you levy and the kid started to sulk and said he won't play for wba again, now it's Jan he has played a few games scored a few goals and the agent talk is that two clubs are willing to stump up 20Mil, if spuds want him then they match it if not I dont see him being a baggie much longer and he will be going anywhere they can flog him as he is a spoilt little shit who spat his dummy out
  • Options

He ain't motivated because the spuds do what the spuds do piss the smaller clubs players off to sign them cheap, the baggies chairman said fuck you levy and the kid started to sulk and said he won't play for wba again, now it's Jan he has played a few games scored a few goals and the agent talk is that two clubs are willing to stump up 20Mil, if spuds want him then they match it if not I dont see him being a baggie much longer and he will be going anywhere they can flog him as he is a spoilt little shit who spat his dummy out

cant disagree with that tbh NLA. I'm sure Pearce turned down a final 25m offer from Spurs in August though. I know Levy acts in Spurs' best interests but it would be nice if he could manage to do that without pissing off every other club chairman possible! Its beyond embarrassing at times.
  • Options
    As I've just posted that, Newcastle have just confirmed the loan of Seydou Doumbia from Roma.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thing is mate he would fit in with your club superbly yet levy and his business ethos could take away a player that in a season like this one would give you a very good chance of 4th
  • Options

£20M in today's Premier League climate is a drop in the ocean.

Martial could cost Man Utd in excess of £63M.
    You're using 1 example of a transfer which everyone has mentioned is over priced. I could do that the other way by saying Charlie Austin 4 million a 5th of the projected Berahino transfer.
  • Options
    DO Spurs still want him - think that is where Berahino has his heart set.

Be a sub to Kane though.
  • Options

Be a sub to Kane though.

Well thats exactly it. By the sounds of it, no Pochettino doesnt want him. Its all very cloak and mirrors. One minute he says he is happy with the squad, the next Levy tries to bring in Fulham's Dembele and it breaks down due to Spurs not wanting to loan him back.

Evening Standard has just tweeted Spurs transfer deadline business is done. I'm sad about that but not surprised the way Levy works. We desperately need cover for Kane and I dont think Son or Chadli, despite their eye for goal, are capable of leading the line. We may be fighting on 3 fronts at the monent but we're a Kane injury away from mid-table in all honesty. What will be will be :)

One thing I do know is that I refuse to get sucked into the SSN crap tonight lol.

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Be a sub to Kane though.

Well thats exactly it. By the sounds of it, no Pochettino doesnt want him. Its all very cloak and mirrors. One minute he says he is happy with the squad, the next Levy tries to bring in Fulham's Dembele and it breaks down due to Spurs not wanting to loan him back.

Evening Standard has just tweeted Spurs transfer deadline business is done. I'm sad about that but not surprised the way Levy works. We desperately need cover for Kane and I dont think Son or Chadli, despite their eye for goal, are capable of leading the line. We may be fighting on 3 fronts at the monent but we're a Kane injury away from mid-table in all honesty. What will be will be :)

One thing I do know is that I refuse to get sucked into the SSN crap tonight lol.

I'm glad we're not in your shoes tonight
  • Options

No offence to you two guys, cos you're welcome as far as I'm concerned, but how have we ended up with a Spurs fan and Watford fan discussing a transfer target of Newcastle and Stoke on a Charlton forum?

It makes sense when you remember that the transfer target currently plays for West Brom.
  • Options

No offence to you two guys, cos you're welcome as far as I'm concerned, but how have we ended up with a Spurs fan and Watford fan discussing a transfer target of Newcastle and Stoke on a Charlton forum?

point taken but to be fair, he was/has and could still be a Spurs target if you believe the press so there is the tiniest link