Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Groves fight

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2016
    I think brook v khan is a big risk at wembley without support. Kell can't sell out the sheffield arena and khan has been inactive and the other side of the world. Neither has fought anyone of note other than shawn porter since khan was knocked out by Danny Garcia in 2012.

Froch v Groves was only wembley due to the first fight and this is nowhere near that level of national main stream interest despite what Eddie says.

Needs huge promotion and a big undercard.
  • Options
    My personal opinion is that when he lost to groves the boxing people hated it, h was the hope the Olympic medal winner, he has come back well from that loss, he fought at bluewater on channel 5 he then went out and took the title granted I just don't think he is anywhere near as good as he or everyone else on here seems to think, and seeing as I am alone in that view then there's a very good chance that I am wrong in my opinion but I will stick to it
  • Options
    James Degale is horrible to watch, he has a terrible punching technique which makes me wince when I see him. BUT he must be poxy to fight against, he has very good head movement and a weird stance. I don't rate his footwork but it obviously works, he doesn't carry a huge punch but he does seem to have a good engine for 12 rounds of a decent workrate so that isn't a massive issue. Groves beat him by 3 rounds when they fought in 2011 and no way would he (Groves) be trying to knock Degale out if they fought again as he would leave himself wide open. I think he is more than capable of beating Degale again and that fight would be a biggie.

George Groves needs to find his mojo again. He used to knock people out in the amateurs and you ask anyone he has fought if he hits hard or not. Even Carl Froch would agree he is a dangerous puncher. He just needs to get that self belief back and we have a fighter who puts bums in seats and gives boxing fans proper excitement.

James Degale is not a ticket seller so regardless of what he says, he needs George Groves same as Carl Froch did. James Degale would not sell out the excel, the O2, or anywhere apart from Glow at bluewater. Not without George Groves.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    He reminds me of a fighter who relies on not getting hit but fails to do it with conviction, I think he is such an awkward match up with most boxers, he fought direll (spelling) I think 4 or 5 yrs after direll lost to froch and bute he fought when bute 35 years old and no longer the force he once tried to convince the world he was,

His career like many others has been nursed to the title its not wrong to do that and it seems to be common place but I just feel that theres so many weaknesses in degale that will be shown up should he face someone like callum Smith, ramirez, groves, even badou jack who fought a mentally beaten groves he would get taken to pieces and easily
  • Options
    For me the most promising British fighter in the division and someone I desperately want to be the real deal is callum Smith theres something about him that gets me watching his every move, its as if you can see him learning in every round every test, and he is explosive but not wasteful its an intelligence that doesnt match the guys looks or demeanor, easily the best Smith brother and I cant wait to watch him become a real champion
  • Options

For me the most promising British fighter in the division and someone I desperately want to be the real deal is callum Smith theres something about him that gets me watching his every move, its as if you can see him learning in every round every test, and he is explosive but not wasteful its an intelligence that doesnt match the guys looks or demeanor, easily the best Smith brother and I cant wait to watch him become a real champion

He doesn't waste much does he? I like him but he's a long way off being ready for Groves, Murray, Degale or anyone like that. The toughest fight he's had was against Rebrasse who loads caned Groves over and he looked good but 1 dimensional. Groves and Degale have always had a bit about them that made them different. Smith will get better but against a more fluid moving fighter I think he could really struggle. No need to rush him he will be a world champion but a fight against someone like Buglioni to fill time and get himself over to the states for a couple of alternative styled south Americans or a slick yank would do him the world of good
  • Options
    Disappointed with Frank tbh local lad to me but Smith would go through him easily, I think Smith takes degale mate even now but it would be a risk no one would take, he just absorbs the craft needed like a sponge such an impressive lad, I get the feeling he is very critical of his performances in training and fight Night and as such doesnt stop taking that knowledge into not only the next fight but the next 30 secs of the fight, every punch thrown sets up the next one, its like in his head he is seeing the combination unfold,

Murray vs groves
    Degale vs Smith

In a fourway fight out is probably way too soon and never gonna happen but id pay to see that live
  • Options
    Smith goes through Frank I completely agree, the fight would do him good though
  • Options
    Would be a good match for callum but the end of the wise guy theres no where to go for frank after that fight, I cant wait for the degale wheels to come off he irks me that much
  • Options

Groves vs Murray would attract a big audience and would be a great fight the styles would match and it would be attractive enough for a stadium fight and I'd certainly go and see it,

It'd be a great fight. Both very good competitors who have come up slightly short in the top tier. Unfortunately I think Murray wants to step back down again and, the way boxing is now, I suspect they'd not want to match him against such a good opponent unless there's a belt up for grabs. I thought Groves looked in better nick than he has looked for a while. That was a good test for a comeback fight and he dealt with it well.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bruno making a comeback apparently...just reported on R5L that he told ITV Sport.
  • Options

Bruno making a comeback apparently...just reported on R5L that he told ITV Sport.

I assume you mean panto?