Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Northern Addicks

I moved to West Yorkshire last year and despite the continued troubles at the club this season it's been a bit of a weird feeling not being at The Valley every other Saturday. I still get to the odd home game when visiting friends and family but my experience this season has been limited to 3-0, 4-0 and 6-0 reverses at Boro, Burnley and Hull respectively!

Over the last few weeks I've noticed I'm not the only Addick living north of the M25 and there seems to be quite a few of us dotted about 'oop north' around Leeds, Lancashire, Lincolnshire etc. on Charlton Life alone. I wondered if there's any interest in jointly setting up a 'Northern Addicks' supporters group?

I'm not entirely sure on what it's purpose would be at first but at the very least it could be useful for meeting up for a beer before or after northern away games, travel, regular meet-ups and tie-ins with other supporter groups...protests ;-)

Anyway, if anyone is up for getting involved then PM me and we can set a group to get the ball rolling.

COYR.

Comments

• Options
    Your not so far away my friend.

Our owner and his puppet are on another planet.

Go luck with your idea by the way
  • Options
    My nephew and his best mate get on here and go to watch the lads whenever they can. They live on the edge of Halifax
  • Options
    @Lincsaddick might be from up North... Not too sure
  • Options

I know we've got @leedsaddick and @c4fcdenmark here too.
  • Options
    Now then (as they say in Lincolnshire)I'm in heckington, south lincs,got a fellow fan in the village that shares fuel when we go down.... I looked into a group up here at one time but we are all over the place
  • Options
    edited January 2016

I am from Blackheath/Lewisham and now live just south of Grimsby, near the end of the Humber, over on the east coast. Nice area BUT, miles from anywhere else .. if @The Red Robin is in west Yorkshire, the Leeds, Brad/Hudd/ Halifax neck o' the woods, that unfortunately is a looooong way from me .. however I do get to the vast majority of games in 'the north and midlands' , I usually make a weekend of it and stay over for a few days, as well as Cardiff, Bristol, MK etc .. I'll be at Rotherham tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it. As I write this I am in a hotel in Meadowhall, Sheffield, a short train trip from Rotherham ..

There is I believe quite a group of Addicks in Sheffield, @SheffieldRed can tell y'all more
  • Options

I am from Blackheath/Lewisham and now live just south of Grimsby, near the end of the Humber, over on the east coast. Nice area BUT, miles from anywhere else .. if @The Red Robin is in west Yorkshire, the Leeds, Brad/Hudd/ Halifax neck o' the woods, that unfortunately is a looooong way from me .. however I do get to the vast majority of games in 'the north and midlands' , I usually make a weekend of it and stay over for a few days, as well as Cardiff, Bristol, MK etc .. I'll be at Rotherham tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it. As I write this I am in a hotel in Meadowhall, Sheffield, a short train trip from Rotherham ..

There is I believe quite a group of Addicks in Sheffield, @SheffieldRed can tell y'all more
    Had a meal at a decent pub your way a couple of weeks back Lincs. Pub was called the Ashby Lodge or something similar. Went in there after a Lincs Cup match.

Heckington is a nice little place. Played a lot of football and cricket there over the years.

I live right at the bottom of Lincolnshire, I'm not northern or southern!
  • Options
    My brother lives in Selby. In fact I am sending this from his front room. Traveling down to Rotherham tomorrow morning.
  • Options
    Ben18 said:

Had a meal at a decent pub your way a couple of weeks back Lincs. Pub was called the Ashby Lodge or something similar. Went in there after a Lincs Cup match.

Heckington is a nice little place. Played a lot of football and cricket there over the years.

just googled Ashby Lodge, it's near Scunthorpe, about 30 miles from me, but in the wide open prairies, what's 30 miles amongst friends ! ((:>)

Heckington is near Sleaford ?, Boston ? .. Lincolnshire is a BIG county .. when I moved here I used to get phone calls/emails about work .. 'near you, just north of Peterborough in Lincolnshire' they'd say .. yeah right, Peterborough is about 80 miles away
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm up here @The Red Robin - married a Yorkshire lass 22 years ago.
    Will be at Rotherham tomorrow with my 15yr old son who has a strong Barnsley accent owing to the nursery staff who influenced it. I'll tell him to quieten down tomorrow as he might get mistaken for an invader!!!
  • Options

Ben18 said:

just googled Ashby Lodge, it's near Scunthorpe, about 30 miles from me, but in the wide open prairies, what's 30 miles amongst friends ! ((:>)

Heckington is near Sleaford ?, Boston ? .. Lincolnshire is a BIG county .. when I moved here I used to get phone calls/emails about work .. 'near you, just north of Peterborough in Lincolnshire' they'd say .. yeah right, Peterborough is about 80 miles away
    Heckington is near Sleaford yeah. I'm further down near Market Deeping.

You don't live in Immingham do you mate? I went through there 20 years ago, and still haven't got over it.
  • Options
    Been living in Warrington for 20 years so would be good to meet up for a beer with any other addicts in the North West.

Would also be interested in helping setting up a northern supporters club (North West Branch) First agenda item convince him and her to move up north and show the them delights of The Mersey with heavy weights around their ankles!!!!!
  • Options
    I live in newcastle I doubt any other charlton fans would want to live here so I'm travelling to the game tomorrow on my own!
  • Options
    Yep chaps,I'm about 6 from sleaford and about 15 from Boston... it is a cracking little village, like going back in time.it's got the only working 8 sail windmill in Europe I'll have you know!!!!
  • Options

I know we've got @leedsaddick and @c4fcdenmark here too.
    Northern Addicks meeting in Copenhagen then?
  • Options
    Where does 'North' start?
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Latimer said:

Where does 'North' start?

Silvertown :wink:
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    not sure why but it always fills me with dread when ever I see this sign...

• Options

not sure why but it always fills me with dread when ever I see this sign...

Think of the pleasure seeing M1 The SOUTH
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oi!!!!
  • Options

Oi!!!!

I moved up north many years ago, but it is nice to go south to the Valley, well it was
  • Options
    Takes about 15 mins to do 15 miles up here,try doing that south of Watford and you can get a mansion for 200k ( with an inside khazi )
  • Options

Your not so far away my friend.

Our owner and his puppet are on another planet.

Go luck with your idea by the way

They are in fact from Cloud Cuckoo Land, just outside Liege.
  • Options
    I am living up t'north in Kilburn.
  • Options
    I'm in Harrogate and making the short hop to Rotheram tomorrow, expect I will see some of you there?
  • Options
    I get nose bleeds north of Silvertown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzivmOQWkVQ
  • Options
    I've been up North for the last 13 years, based in Leeds, having lived in my formative years in Blackheath, Woolwich, Plumstead...The good news about being in League 1 is that is easy to get to Bury, Oldham, Rochdale
  • Options

I've been up North for the last 13 years, based in Leeds, having lived in my formative years in Blackheath, Woolwich, Plumstead...The good news about being in League 1 is that is easy to get to Bury, Oldham, Rochdale

...and Wigan, Fleetwood and Scunthorpe, looking forward to it already, some cracking potential holidays there
  • Options
    Sounds good to me. I live in Holmfirth, West Yorkshire.