Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RBS 6 Nations Winners?

The Bookies fancy England at 7/4 with Wales and Ireland both 10/3. France at 6/1 and Scotland at 16/1 could offer value based on RWC showings. Could be the closest 6 Nations for many years. Who are you backing? (I also have a pair of tickets for Scotland v England on 6th Feb if anyone's interested).

Comments

• Options
    I'm backing England after a bad World Cup it's our time to shine. Come on England
  • Options
    How much for the tickets please?
  • Options
    Not sure how this year's can be closer than last year. Going for Ireland to make it 3 in a row.
  • Options
    England
  • Options
    France
  • Options
    England, though why they've picked Hartley over Tom Youngs I don't know.
  • Options
    anyone but Wales please!
  • Options
    What are the fixtures?
    One of th things i'v never understood about 6 nations is why they dont play home and away - that way every season would be open - the way it is now , if you were , say, Scotland then you might have France,England and /ireland away one year - then you're buggered before it even kicks off. How can you win a championship by playing less games at home than away?
  • Options
    Going on the World Cup and what each team has done since, they are very good odds for Scotland

Going on the fact I'm Scottish, France will win.

How much for the tickets?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Not sure how this year's can be closer than last year. Going for Ireland to make it 3 in a row.

The years where Ireland have to play away to England and France is always tougher to win it.
  • Options
    England
  • Options
    I'll stick with my avatar and go with the fightin' Irish ☘
  • Options
    Sorry Cafcdave123 but tickets gone already.

6th Feb
    France v Italy
    Scotland v England

7th Feb
    Ireland v Wales

13th Feb
    France v Ireland
    Wales v Scotland

14th Feb
    Italy v England

26th Feb
    Wales v France

27th Feb
    Italy v Scotland
    England v Ireland

12th Mar
    Ireland v Italy
    England v Wales

13th Mar
    Scotland v France

19th Mar
    Wales v Italy
    Ireland v Scotland
    France v England

All kick-offs staggered so we can watch every game live on terrestrial TV.

• Options
    thats what i love about the rugby they consider the fans sitting at home watching, six nations tickets are so hard to get, i tried getting through club membership but had nothing, had a quick scout on via go go this morning a pair of tickets to eng vs ire in okay seats at twickenham £573.00 each plus booking fee.
  • Options
    In true @ForeverAddickted style with my Match Preview Predictions... England
  • Options
    odds using oddschecker;

england 7/4
    wales 10/3
    ireland 10/3
    france 6/1
    scotland 16/1
    italy 1000/1
  • Options

thats what i love about the rugby they consider the fans sitting at home watching, six nations tickets are so hard to get, i tried getting through club membership but had nothing, had a quick scout on via go go this morning a pair of tickets to eng vs ire in okay seats at twickenham £573.00 each plus booking fee.

Doesn't sky take a shed load of criticism for considering fans sitting at home by televising so many games?
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Doesn't sky take a shed load of criticism for considering fans sitting at home by televising so many games?
    the six nations is done at proper times and dates and times are usually announced a few months in advance sky/bt tell fans 15 days before, bit of a difference. if you know something is going to be on at a certain time and date 6 months in advance no issue as you can book hotel and flights to suit. changing plans less than 3 weeks before is a major ballache, in addition six nations is a national thing so everyone wants to see there team, and thats why its fair because everyone from the six nations gets to see there team on tv.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

the six nations is done at proper times and dates and times are usually announced a few months in advance sky/bt tell fans 15 days before, bit of a difference. if you know something is going to be on at a certain time and date 6 months in advance no issue as you can book hotel and flights to suit. changing plans less than 3 weeks before is a major ballache.
    Massive exaggeration there. Most (but not all) sky games are flagged up well in advance. And clashing matches with football for TV purposes isn't always "proper times and dates" either for a lot of people.
  • Options

the six nations is done at proper times and dates and times are usually announced a few months in advance sky/bt tell fans 15 days before, bit of a difference. if you know something is going to be on at a certain time and date 6 months in advance no issue as you can book hotel and flights to suit. changing plans less than 3 weeks before is a major ballache, in addition six nations is a national thing so everyone wants to see there team, and thats why its fair because everyone from the six nations gets to see there team on tv.
    There's also the fact that there is 15 games to fit in not 100-1000's (if counting the different leagues) surely if you comparing a schedule of the six nations you should compare it with a European championship or world cup they also give you the fixtures in 6 not with a league structure. If they were all done in advance then you'd have people complaining about Leicester hardly featuring on tele even when there having a season like they are.
  • Options

There's also the fact that there is 15 games to fit in not 100-1000's (if counting the different leagues) surely if you comparing a schedule of the six nations you should compare it with a European championship or world cup they also give you the fixtures in 6 not with a league structure. If they were all done in advance then you'd have people complaining about Leicester hardly featuring on tele even when there having a season like they are.
    was just a comment that its good for me to watch at home.
  • Options

the six nations is done at proper times and dates and times are usually announced a few months in advance sky/bt tell fans 15 days before, bit of a difference. if you know something is going to be on at a certain time and date 6 months in advance no issue as you can book hotel and flights to suit. changing plans less than 3 weeks before is a major ballache.
    Massive exaggeration there. Most (but not all) sky games are flagged up well in advance. And clashing matches with football for TV purposes isn't always "proper times and dates" either for a lot of people.
    my other half is an arsenal member and they heard of the fixture change when it was officialy announced 23 days before the arranged fixture, away fans like myself tend to book rail tickets at least a couple of months in advance so we can afford to go, so i was 8 days out, hardly massive i would say
  • Options
    Annoys me how they've picked Hartley as captain, when he's not even the best hooker in the country at the moment. Jamie George should be starting.

Having said that, he is one of few 'leaders' in that squad so a pretty tough choice.
  • Options
    on ITV this year
  • Options

Some games are on ITV this year

Fixed that for you EA... :smile:

• Options

my other half is an arsenal member and they heard of the fixture change when it was officialy announced 23 days before the arranged fixture, away fans like myself tend to book rail tickets at least a couple of months in advance so we can afford to go, so i was 8 days out, hardly massive i would say
    Like I said, "Most (but not all)". If you are using one example so can I. Millwall v Burton has been moved to 7.45 on 28th March for TV - that's a couple of months in advance. CJLC makes pertinent points too.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    @Algarveaddick do you have an issue with me or are you an employee of sky as you seem to have taken it very personally that i've made a comment about sky moving fixtures to suit television audiences, i commented saying its good that there on at advanced publicised times and on terrestrial tv, and for some reason you have decided to have a pop at me over it, anyway if it makes you happy then fair play.
  • Options

Annoys me how they've picked Hartley as captain, when he's not even the best hooker in the country at the moment. Jamie George should be starting.

Having said that, he is one of few 'leaders' in that squad so a pretty tough choice.

Tom Youngs and Jamie George are both better.

I'd have kept Robshaw as captain giben he'll still be in, just as blind side.