Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New goalkeeping training area in Sparrows Lane

Ahead of the installation of a new, state-of-the-art, goalkeeping training area at Sparrows Lane, Training Ground Head Groundsman Paul Geary visited Scottish clubs Celtic and Falkirk this week.

The revolutionary technology allows for greater shock absorption than a standard 3G surface, and thus reduces the likeliness of goalkeepers sustaining impact injuries whilst training.

The synthetic space, which will be the first of its type in England, will be attached to one of the new pitches at the club’s training base and work is due to begin on February 11th.

As part of the trip to Scotland, Green Fields, who will be installing the surface, showed Geary how similar technologies are being utilised by Celtic and Falkirk.
Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-training-ground-goalkeepers-3g-pitch-2924477.aspx#u0yBhi08wBFOlx3f.99

Comments

• you would think that they might allow the goalkeeping coach to also make the visit to Scotland
  • Good for Henderson's shoulders
  • Nah, wouldn't have thought the goalies would be interested either.
  • Brilliant news. Relegation looms, thousands of protesting fans, club chucking out customers I'm going to Rotherham and Hendo crying BUT we have a new goalkeeping training area.

#saveroly
  • It's simply good news.
  • Roland's desperate to bring Thuram back!
  • The cnts - investment is useless, print tea towels.
  • At least the ball won't get hurt as Pope drops it.
  • Sponsored links:

• If it helps out keepers to not injure themselves (thinking of you Hendo) sounds great.
  • If it helps out keepers to not injure themselves (thinking of you Hendo) sounds great.

Henderson has his own goose down training area.

• So basically they've just whacked down some nice underlay, bet @Miserableoldgit could've done it for a fraction of the price. Yet another example of the board failing to take advantage of talented supporters.

...or they've got the players to dig trenchs either side of the middle of the goal, then filled like kids `ball pits'...

....it would be like something you'd see on Dragons Den. Peter Jones would say `its shit!'

• you would think that they might allow the goalkeeping coach to also make the visit to Scotland

At least they didn't allow Tony Watt to also go, you'd never be able to drag him away from the deep fried mars bars
  • It good news in a bad time. I'm happy with it
  • Allows for greater shock absorption. This is going to be Karel's idea and legacy isn't it?
  • edited January 2016
    Bollocks, save some money for new signings and buy one of these!

Goalkeeper training area my arse! Big Sam Bartram would be spinning I tell you...
  • Sponsored links:

• id rather they invest in, state of the art players.
  • edited January 2016
    Interesting article re Sparrows Lane on OS. Looks like the new PR has started by putting out positive proparganda, no doubt will be the talk at the FF meeting tonight.

Steve Avory and his team do a fantastic job here and for any club to be successful you need an alignment between the Chief Executive, the Head Coach and the Academy Manager.

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-youth-development-premier-league-football-league-2925591.aspx#1rrIw6DQ8QV7wmgX.99
  • Dansk_Red said:

Interesting article re Sparrows Lane on OS. Looks like the new PR has started by putting out positive propergander, no doubt will be the talk at the FF meeting tonight.

Steve Avory and his team do a fantastic job here and for any club to be successful you need an alignment between the Chief Executive, the Head Coach and the Academy Manager.

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-youth-development-premier-league-football-league-2925591.aspx#1rrIw6DQ8QV7wmgX.99

I'll have a proper gander at that when I have the chance