Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Henry Worsley RIP

Thanks F A now editted

Comments

• Options
    Think you want this link Henry... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35398552

RIP... So sad he didnt get to complete the incredible journey
  • Options
    RIP, but everyone connected to this must have known death would be a strong possibility. A great death, echoes of Scott and all that (sans scientific research) but death nonetheless.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

RIP, but everyone connected to this must have known death would be a strong possibility. A great death, echoes of Scott and all that (sans scientific research) but death nonetheless.

Goes to show that despite all the technology around these days... Crossing Antarctica is still as dangerous in 2016 as it was in 1917
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    RIP
  • Options

Terrible shame but am I alone in thinking that whilst you can applaud his courage and sense of adventure (not to mention the money raised) it was slightly selfish of him to undertake this journey and the risks involved given that he has a wife & 2 children now left on their own?

My thoughts exactly, all for what life is precious to risk it all on an urge to explore
  • Options
    He was doing it for Charity as well though, raised over £100k for wounded British Soliders
  • Options
    Still not a good enough reason Imo
  • Options
    Get what you are saying NLA but history is littered with men and women like this who push the barriers they are a slightly different breed really. One of my personal hero's is Helen McArthur but when you read about her expoits jeez it makes your blood freeze and you wonder why they do it. Sad for the family though I have to agree.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He was doing it for Charity as well though, raised over £100k for wounded British Soliders

Plenty of more constructive ways.
  • Options
    I find those people truly astonishing in what they are prepared and able to put themselves through, but I also find it so difficult to understand when they have children and wives
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Great that he raised so much for charity, but too big a cost for his wife and children imo. R.I.P.Henry.
  • Options
    RIP