Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Never again!!

edited May 2007 in General Charlton
I was unfortunate enough to be in the West Stand last night....with the happy (or not so happy clappers) every time we started to sing or urge the team forward the looks we got, blimey!!

In a way I'm glad we will lose the Non supporters next year.....I'd rather have 17k really getting behind the team than 27k with people who just look at you as if you are mad when you get behind the lads. I will just point out as well that there was no swearing involved....

Comments

• Options
    Try doing it every 2 weeks mate.......... Got told to siddarn numerous time last nite by the blanket brigade.

Spend most of the last 10 mins on me feet signing VFR with about 3 others around me. Nobody else seemed bothered.
  • Options
    its not as if they/we don't support the team they just show it in different ways to the Ultras.

If you look at the makeup of a lot of the West Stand support then most are pensioners who have been around for donkeys years, you can't blame them for jumping up and shouting their heads off!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveStorry[/cite]Try doing it every 2 weeks mate.......... Got told to siddarn numerous time last nite by the blanket brigade.

Spend most of the last 10 mins on me feet signing VFR with about 3 others around me. Nobody else seemed bothered.

The VFR about 5 mins from the end was the loudest i have heard us sing for a long time. The whole North inc the lower were all standing. It sent shivers!! Quality lads....
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I was unfortunate enough to have to watch from home and must admit that I had goosebumps when that VFR was going on!!

CHARLTON TILL I DIE!!
  • Options
    Mate was in A block North Lower

He got the same hes up giving some getting behind the team just got Tuts and glared at
  • Options
    Personally, I'd rather have any number of flask holders or non supporters as long as:

1. they paid money for their ticket
    2. no "true" Charlton fan was denied a seat or priced out of the market.

I would rather the club had an extra £20 rather than being surrounded by empty seats.
  • Options
    Captain, I do agree, but I think you have missed the point I was making. We needed to win last night and to help the team do that, you need vocal support from all area's of the ground, why should I feel uncomfortable singing VFR or Come on you reds in my home stadium, for the team I have followed for over 20 years and that I love?

To be frowned upon for doing so I very wrong IMHO.

Look at other clubs when they are on TV etc....singing from all parts of the ground, people stand and cheer, CAFC - NOT. I don't want to get into the whole stand up siddarn debate as this is what it's not about, being vocal it is, and please no one tell me that I should have been with the Ultra's as I normally am, is was not through choice I was in the West.
  • Options
    Fair enough Hillsy - No football supporter should be made to feel out of place for singing at a football match.

I do have mixed views on the question of bad language, it doesn't offend me personally but as I attend with my two sons (7 & 4) I cannot tolerate it. BTW, I say that as a general comment and I did see your comment about swearing.
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with the West Stand mate. All the top fellas sit there.

Now, where did I put my thermos?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Captain Haddock[/cite]Fair enough Hillsy - No football supporter should be made to feel out of place for singing at a football match.

I do have mixed views on the question of bad language, it doesn't offend me personally but as I attend with my two sons (7 & 4) I cannot tolerate it. BTW, I say that as a general comment and I did see your comment about swearing.

I have kids too Captain. 9 and 6 so I agree with the swearing bit, when my eldest did come with me we have ST in the Upper West. Then moved to the North when she did learn some very colourful words indeed. She does not come any more as she has lost interest. Anyway ho hum....water under the bridge now, looking forward to a good summer and easy access to tickets next season.