Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who goes who stays

edited May 2007 in General Charlton
Goes

Baby Bent
Marcus Bent
Hasselwank
Herman
Thomas
Rommedahl
The loan players
Young

For me the above will deffo go

El Kak maybe

STAY

Going by Pards comments that 10% of the squad will go the rest will surely stay.

You just know we'll get someone like Marlon Harewood in it is cast in stone Pardew will go for him.

Any views

Comments

• Options
    Agreed with the above but think Herman will stay
  • Options
    Lol i can just imagine the stampede to take Marcus and his £20k/week off our hands.
  • Options
    Not convinced that Young will leave because of his alleged arthritic hip and/or dodgy knee.
    I think Herman will stay, I think M Bent may too - who else will pay him £25k per week? Hopefully somebody can offer us a million or two for Thomas and for Ambrose too. Despite failing to live up to his first three performances, it would be great if we could buy Song for a the same amount. I think Hughes could be a top player for us next season! Presumably Kish will go.
  • Options
    Carson - Back to liverpool
    Young - West Ham possibly
    Gibbs - will leave for nothing
    Diawoowoo - back to france
    Reid - Birmingham poss
    Song & zz - go back to clubs
    Rommedhal - good fu***ng riddance
    Marcus Bent - off, my bet would be one of the playy off winners
    Darren Bent Liverpool
    Jimmy - whoever will pay him 30k a week

The rest will stay, and hopefully get some players in who will wear the shirt with pride and determination
  • Options
    Birmingham Red - Diawara ain't going back to France. He is on BIG money compared to the peanuts they pay in Ligue 1 so with three years left on his deal why would he leave?

Andy Reid, mate, nobody is going to buy him (apart from us, of course) with his injury record.

The rest of them you probably have right.
  • Options
    Not sure Pardew is serious about keeping 90% of the squad. The evidence seems to suggest that clubs that do that don’t come straight back up. You need to have a big clear out with players buying in to the effort needed to win promotion. That often means retaining only a core with the right attitude and bringing in youngish players with drive and the will to win. Not sure we will have that much of scramble for our players. Obviously Bent will go and Young. Holland will still have suitors but may prefer to stay. Ambrose is the sort of player who can make an impact in the Championship. Can’t see a future here for M Bent, JFH, Romm or Thomas. Not sure I'm that bothered who stays or goes providing the ones who stay are wanted and want to be here. A team of Premiership left overs will be mid table in the Championship.
  • Options
    A team of Premiership left overs will be mid table in the Championship.

++++++++++++++++++

Bang on and Pardew referred to that in his post-match, he said that you had to "leave your egos behind" or you will come heavily unstuck in the CCC.

Birmingham seem to have about 8 new players in their side and Sunderland almost as many.
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Leavers

Romm - out of contract
    Bent - for sale
    Young - for sale
    Carson, ZZ, Song - back to clubs
    Diwarra - for sale
    Gibb?

Senior Stayers

Reid - worth trying to keep hold of
    Big Bent - who would have him
    JFH - new role for him apparently
    Holland - could do a job in the Championship
    Hughes -
    Lisbie -
    Lloyd Sam -

Have I missed anyone?

Team (so far..)

Randolph

Sankofa Elk Magic Thatcher/Herm

Thomas Holland Hughes/Reid Ambrose/Lloyd Sam

Dickson Big Bent/Lisbie

Could that lot get us promoted?
  • Options
    Think the side will look a lot different, 8 or 9 in, 3 of those on loan, Matt Jarvis sounds like a done deal, Freddie Eastwood would be a good purchase, someone like Marlon Harewood.

Going to be interesting this summer
  • Options
    NO.

Keeper is untested, we need an experienced keeper.

Back four is fine.

Midfield would be too lightweight by a long way, we need a midfield strong man like Muamba at Brum to really dominate the middle. I think Holland and Hughes need to go elsewhere although Thomas and Ambrose might do a job.

Attack - woeful. A combination of a bloke with a bad back who could not give a toss and a rookie who has just left Dulwich Hamlet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    razil

That doesn't look like a promotion team to me. Reid and Ambrose would do well on past performances in that league but not sure the strikers would score enough. Lisbie hardly set that division alight at Norwich on loan a season or so back and who can tell with M Bent. Need more pace and snap in centre midfield.
  • Options
    Agree with Bruxelles Addick, centre midfield is where we need to go and buy the best we can from the CCC otherwise it will not matter how good we are on the rest of the park because that is where games are won and lost.

Can someone please explain to me how Curbishley can buy Jerome Thomas from the Arse reserves and yet overlook Steve Sidwell who goes on a free to Reading?

Unfucking believable.
  • Options
    That team won't get us back up. West brom have ellington, hartson, phillips, kamara, gera, koumas and davies and didn't even go up automatically. Make no mistake this is going to be a tough league to get out of.
    Our attack and midfield are far too lightweight. I think Hughes and holland should stay as they will be good players at championship level. I'm not saying hughes should start but he'd be a useful squad player. If we can sign Jarvis, plus we have the young danish player as well who seems highly rated. Keep Ambrose and hopefully Thomas as well. Hopefully Reid will now be sorted out and get a good pre-season behind him. Definitely need 2 strikers, hopefully Eastwood and wouldn't be surprised to see Pardew go for Harewood. Don't think he'd be a disaster in the championship anyway.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]
    Can someone please explain to me how Curbishley can buy Jerome Thomas from the Arse reserves and yet overlook Steve Sidwell who goes on a free to Reading?

Unfucking believable.

Evidently, Sidwell will be signing for Chelski on a free in the summer
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Don't be surprised to see Darryl Flahaven and Freddie Eastwood sign from Sarfend
  • Options
    Evidently, Sidwell will be signing for Chelski on a free in the summer[/quote]

Precisely. He is just the sort of player we should have brought in to replace Parker, do we not have a scouting department?

I know I've said it before but how did Ashton go to Norwich before us?

What about all the decent players Pards took to the Spammers? How come we did not get any of them either?

Our acquisitions policy over the last three years has been awful, apart from Dazza.
  • Options
    Darryl Flahavan seems to have become a decent keeper. Eastwood hasn't really been the threat in the CCC that some suggested but in a better side will get a fair number of goals.

An experienced keeper, a couple of strikers, a running/tackling midfielder are basics we need.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]
    Our acquisitions policy over the last three years has been awful, apart from Dazza.

No one else to blame on that count apart from Curbishley and Dowie. I have every faith in Pards to turn things around
  • Options
    Who's Reid?
    ;-)
  • Options
    Daryl Flahavan!!

Bloody hope not, AFKA is taller than him.

Half decent shot stopper but has been totally found out at Championship level, 6 inches too short for a keeper (ooh err missus)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Walton has shown he can play in this division, he'll fit the running Tackler midfield role. How old are the likes of Arter and Wright? Too young yet?

Healy surely has to be looking to move on from Leeds, although one of the premiership clubs might be a more likely destination.
  • Options
    Walton has shown that he can play in the CCC but not particularly well. Enthusiasm isn't quite enough and he suffers from being a utility player without best position. Useful squad player.
  • Options
    Ouch that was caustic!!

I thought he'd left quite a good impression on Cardiff and Ipswich? I must admit i haven't seen him play much at all and i guess most fans like someone who tries hard!
  • Options
    Healy has been linked with Sunderland
  • Options
    Ormiston
    The Urban myth went that Steve Brown at Reading urged Curbishley to sign Sidwell as a Parker replacement three years ago, instead he chose Bryan Hughes...enough said
  • Options
    If that is true then it simply defies belief.

As does paying 2.5 million for Marcus Bent but not paying 3.5 million for Dean Ashton.....

As does paying 3.75 million for Gary Rowett when you know his knees are shot......

......or 2.5 million for Jeffers who was never going to fit in.....
  • Options
    I expect us to sign Boaz Myhill as our new keeper.
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I don't remember drastic surgery last time we were down and since the team since Christmas was good enough to be a mid-table prem side I reckon we just need to replace or re-sign the loan players and Darren Bent - unless he's staying !

Unlike previous managers we also know that Pardew can do a job on signings and the squad.

No-one on this thread has mentioned that Kish can do a job in centre mid at this level so I agree that the defence above is OK but Midfield / Attack should be changed from to:

Thomas/Ambrose Holland/Hughes Kish Reid

Someone New! Bent/Lisbie

With Sam and Ambrose on the bench

With no Sunderland or West Ham to worry about I just do not see a problem
  • Options
    Sorry, SR, but I have to disagree.

Look at our last Championship winning side....

Kiely (proven at that level)
    Shield - Rufus (class) - Youds/Tiler/Brown (all proven) - Powell (proven)
    Stuart (proven) - Kinsella (class) - K Jones (proven) - Robinson (proven)
    Hunt (class) - Mendonca (proven)

======

Next year we have....

No keeper

A solid defence, admittedly.

No quality centre midfielders and lighweight wingers

Marcus Bent and Lisbie up front.

We need some major surgery up front and in the middle of the park, we need FOUR quality players in those positions.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Latimer[/cite]Ormiston
    The Urban myth went that Steve Brown at Reading urged Curbishley to sign Sidwell as a Parker replacement three years ago, instead he chose Bryan Hughes...enough said
    This is no myth. Steve Brown himself told us all at a City Addicks meeting that this did actually happen. Mind you, Steve had had a few beers by then!!